What's new

MK9----->MKX: Stances

Which game has the better stances for returning characters(choose one per character)

• Total voters

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
With a new game comes the most important feature of games in observable reality. That my friends are stances.

So here's an overview

Sub-Zero
MK9: What the fuck is this piece of trash? Is he a wrestler? Some drunken bar brawler? Why are his hands so low? What king of martial arts grandmaster has a stance like that. Pick your arms up son.

MKX: Much better. It more closely resembles his stance in MK2 but with his back hand further from his chest. He moves a lot less and more rigid, as you would expect from someone disciplined from a Chinese martial art. He doesn't wave his arms around on the floor like a spider monkey.

Scorpion.
MK9: Same stance he had in most games. Back and raised like he was flexing, or cocking to throw some type of spear weapon on a rope thing.

MKX: Same fucking thing. Looks prettier though.

Quan Chi
MK9: What is he pulling on, some sort of lawn mower cord. Scratching an invisible 2x4?

MKX: Seems more lax, has a more open stance and doesn't move his hands as much although his lower hand still does a small "pulling" motion

Kung Lao
MK9: Something stereotypical of some kind of chinese Kung-fu. Fits him

MKX: Very similar, except his back hand is closes instead of his forward fist.

Kitana
MK9: This looks like some type of dance from the 80s, I can't remember the name though.

MKX: Has her hand swayed back, like on one hand is doing the pledge of allegiance and the other is waving in the wind behind her.

Raiden
MK9: Back hand pointing down and the other palm out as if he was telling the opponent to stop running in the school hallway

MKX: Similar but with more bend at the elbows

Reptile
MK9: Somewhat similar to his MK2 stance with his hands towards the floor and moving them in some kind of bestial manner.
MKX: This stance actually looks closer to subs mk2 stance than MKX sub. Looks more refined.

So what's your vote?

Last edited:

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Noob Saibot has the best stance in MK9. Ermac in MKX looks like a wizard of oz character or a final fantasy wizard, terrible.

RiverHB

Noob
Sub Zero definitely has an improved stance. MK9's was lame. Probably the most improved looking overall. Kano is a close second.

d3v

SRK
And here I thought this was a thread about how MKX still had stance switching and stance specific combos because NRS for some reason likes to have 3D hit detection in a 2D fighting game.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
And here I thought this was a thread about how MKX still had stance switching and stance specific combos because NRS for some reason likes to have 3D hit detection in a 2D fighting game.
This. And also remember that we will probaly have running on three consecutive button taps instead of one button because somebody in NRS "have a thing" for stance flipping or something.