What's new

Match Footage - Raiden MIT using Raiden in YOMI finals

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Before people loose their shit about this, I was testing this exact same thing in the corner last week. If you have something 8 frames or faster it will interrupt, you can also jump forward or jump back to blow up consecutive F12's on block if your jump is quick enough.

That said, Quan had it coming :D

Cosmic Forge

Practice mode noob
Either Raiden is gonna lose this string altogether, or its gonna get nerfed, or....

AND NRS PAY ATTENTION PLS

Give this string to the other 2 variations, with a different ender, AND make it slightly more minus on block.

How many characters can't get out of this. F1,2 is -3. That's a 9 frame gap. With the 1 frame to come out of blockstun, you only need an 8 frame poke. Or 9 frame special

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
This isn't even tech. It's a move that's -3 on block and has 6 frame startup. It's no different than a string that's neutral on block and has 9 frame startup.

However, don't misinterpret me. It's good. But it's not broke. Some characters have slow pokes. This is essentialy johnny cage's f3 in mk9 without the random frame advantage on block. You can armor out. You can back dash. Or you can poke out if you have a move that's faster than 9 frames. Most characters have something, but not all.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
This isn't even tech. It's a move that's -3 on block and has 6 frame startup. It's no different than a string that's neutral on block and has 9 frame startup.

However, don't misinterpret me. It's good. But it's not broke. Some characters have slow pokes. This is essentialy johnny cage's f3 in mk9 without the random frame advantage on block. You can armor out. You can back dash. Or you can poke out if you have a move that's faster than 9 frames. Most characters have something, but not all.
it isn't the same as a neutral on block string......

because f12 has an ender. lol.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner

This, plus I saw plenty of people at Combo Breaker get out of it, Alucard, REO, SonicFox (I don't remember if Raptor did or not). Yes, those are the best of the best players out there, but the point is, this is not a "block infinite" and there are ways out of it. Is it powerful? Yes. Is it broken? No. Plus this was only recently discovered. It's too early still to judge if this should be nerfed or not. I say give it a month, at the very least, to see how different players and characters learn to deal with it (or not) and only then can we talk normalization.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I mean if Kano's b1 was nerfed because it was a block infinite on some characters I dont see how Raidens f1 will not be changed. Not saying tis right/wrong but thats the way I see it.

Also most cancelable strings arent nearly as fast as f12, which is the problem.
It's a 6 frame mid but it can be low profiled. Yeah it's good. It's like the 1 thing that makes thunder god raiden worth playing: having a string off of f1. He's a rush down character. Plenty of characters can launch off of fast strings. Sure, not 6 frames... but what about 7, 8, and 9 frames? It's not broken. If you block f12b2 (the launcher) raiden is at -8. You get a free poke/pressure.

I don't know the details to refute the kano thing. What was b1 on block and was was the follow up? Another b1? What was the startup?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Most strings can be canceled into a special that most likely launches. Next.
please name me a string that is 0 on block, that isn't the ender of the string, that links to a launcher

all the while having another string that does the same thing.

It's a 6 frame mid but it can be low profiled. Yeah it's good. It's like the 1 thing that makes thunder god raiden worth playing: having a string off of f1. He's a rush down character. Plenty of characters can launch off of fast strings. Sure, not 6 frames... but what about 7, 8, and 9 frames? It's not broken. If you block f12b2 (the launcher) raiden is at -8. You get a free poke/pressure.

I don't know the details to refute the kano thing. What was b1 on block and was was the follow up? Another b1? What was the startup?
The best part of Raiden is the fact that he has 1 combo into corner carry into 50/50 town that is completely safe and hit confirmable back into the same setup over and over and over. Combined with the fact that the starter for all of this ... is a 6 frame mid that has a -3 portion and is completely hit confirmable into said corner carry.

oh and hey... if you can't get to the corner... his standing reset works midscreen.

LOL.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
please name me a string that is 0 on block, that isn't the ender of the string, that links to a launcher

Man I have a really hard time understanding your posts. No offense. What's the question again? Name a character that has a string that's 0 on block and has a 9 frame follow up that can launch?

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
Yeah. His f12b2 string is the WHOLE reason to play thunder god raiden. Let's see what your argument is.
Mix ups (50/50), damage, armour, option selects, resets, great NJP, he kills you in the corner and everything that ends in the superman...ends in the corner....

Edit: Remembered more stuff. @Chaosphere

Last edited:

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police

The best part of Raiden is the fact that he has 1 combo into corner carry into 50/50 town that is completely safe and hit confirmable back into the same setup over and over and over. Combined with the fact that the starter for all of this ... is a 6 frame mid that has a -3 portion and is completely hit confirmable into said corner carry.

oh and hey... if you can't get to the corner... his standing reset works midscreen.

LOL.
This entire game is very 50/50 oriented. That's not just a raiden thing. His standing resets do work midscreen, but you have to use meter to continue the combo. You don't have enough stamina to loop it even once midscreen without meter after doing a LRC. The corner is where you get the meterless resets that do like 20% damage.

Standing resets are rough man. Literally the biggest difference between thundergod and the other 2 variations is that TG has a string off of f1/fireball cancels and the other variations don't have that.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

There is a huge difference between a 9 and 6 frame launcher, I think you know that lol. It can be low profiled but not if you finish the string, so its a huge risk to try that. Backdashing doesnt work in the corner which is where the string is more of a problem for people.

I dont see it as broken btw, the only thing broken from Raiden is that stupid OS shit.

B1 was supposedly neutral although some are saying a glitch might have caused it to be +2. Most Kanos could practically block infinite some characters by doing b1 b1 b1 b1 b1 etc. I think the startup is nine frames and it is neutral on block. b1 could also be ended as b13 into a launcher.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Mix ups, damage, armour, option selects....
Every character has mixups. Raiden's damage is reasonable. His resets do like 20% or so unless you use meter. Every character has armor. Option selects are retarded and shouldn't be in the game and that's not just a raiden thing. Pretty much every character has decent option selects. Everyone is just over reacting because raiden won the first big tournament.