What's new

Minneapolis Tournament Results 4/17/2015

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
MKX Launch Tournament!!! 4/17/2015

This was our first MKX tournament and we went ham! This was hosted by Games n Go at Rosedale Mall and had 16 entrants. A lot of the regular mk9 crew showed up for this as well as some shiny new faces. We're all very excited to have a new game and new competition.

Results:
1st: Xue, Cassie Cage
2nd: STB Usedcarsalesmang, Subzero @usedcarsalesmang
3rd: STB Johnny2D, Dvorah @Johnny2d
4th: Rotanadan, Raiden @rotanadan

Grand Finals: Xue (Winners) vs STB Usedcarsalesmang (Losers)

Losers Finals: STB Usedcarsalesmang vs. STB Johnny2D

Semi Finals: STB Johnny2D vs. Rotanadan

In round one of the bracket I lost to my teammate and training partner Usedcars, and had to fight my way through the losers bracket. I made it all the way to losers finals but lost to Usedcars again, ouch. Xue made it all the way through in winners and beat Usedcars, but when Usedcars made it back to grand finals, he was able to reset the bracket. With both players in losers matches were tight, and every match came down to pixels and a couple choices. It went to 2-2, then final round final game, and again it was down to pixels. Xue pulled a rabbit out of his hat by using Cassie's overhead, which he hadn't used even a single time the whole day, he saved it for the very end when it counted, and caught Usedcars blocking low twice in a row to close it out. This was possibly the most hype grand finals in Minnesota MK history! Good stuff to all that entered, great way to start the new game!

We plan to host many events in the Twin Cities area, so follow the MN MK facebook group, or contact me here on TYM, @Johnny2d Also, follow the Mn Fgc youtube channel for more content: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMNFGC

@STB Shujinkydink @Goldy @BC_Rayman @TheShowstoppa14 @Rocksteady @Sultani @roosTakk

Random kid that hung out at the mall and watched us play, even more random was his shirt. Random? Or part of some larger, more sinister plan?

Last edited by a moderator:
Twas very fun. I know the cassie matchup now, and two matches wasnt enough to recognize that mileena cant roll kunng jins bojutsu jump ins. New footise tools and tech is being discovered this week, and i fully intend to improve on my performance.

Xue and i have had some crazy GF sets in the past, and im bummed i missed it because i was playing casuals. Good stuff from everyone. It was fun to see week 1 tech on display against guessing.

I hope the new players continue to show, plus jake, rick, bleys, and his buddies should put us at a solid 20 for the foreseeable future.

I will have bees. Bees must fight mileena.

9_Lives

Noob
Sadly my group has pretty much disbanded over the years. :(

That being said, I'd love to come up and see what you guys are doing some time. Soon, I will have weekends off. Is there anyone up there who has time during the weekends to chill and play some?

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Sadly my group has pretty much disbanded over the years. :(

That being said, I'd love to come up and see what you guys are doing some time. Soon, I will have weekends off. Is there anyone up there who has time during the weekends to chill and play some?
Yeah man, looking at doing something Saturday May 9th, and Friday May 15th. After Combo Breaker (May22-25), we are looking to setup a regular schedule so people can plan ahead. Lots of MK plans coming up!

9_Lives

Noob
Yeah man, looking at doing something Saturday May 9th, and Friday May 15th. After Combo Breaker (May22-25), we are looking to setup a regular schedule so people can plan ahead. Lots of MK plans coming up!
Alright, thanks buddy. Also, sorry again for being a dick that one time.

Awesome...im excited to join once i move back! :r:r:blk

Xue using cassie sounds scary
Haha yeah. He bodied me pretty hard. Watched the match footage and that ass kicking wasnt really as bad as i remember it... but it was still bad.

Not a single b12 used by me in any match. Yeah. Thats not how you mileena.

Even though it was week one, there was some pretty legit play that i saw out of quite a few people.