What's new

[May 31, 2015] EGP Bi-Weekly Ranked Battles (Laguna Hills, Ca)

EGP_Compton

Brian Compton
Our first event was an amazing success thanks to the support of our community. We had almost 60 competitors with skill levels ranging from beginner to advanced. I hope to see even more for the second event of the series. If you missed the first one, you don't want to miss this one.

Dates:
1.1 – May 17th (Season Opener)
1.2 – May 31st
1.3 – June 14th
1.4 – June 28th (Season Finale)

Registration: At the door. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early.

Time: 3:00pm

24155 Laguna Hills Mall Laguna Hills, CA 92653

Located inside the Laguna Hills Mall on the South East end. Directly off the 5 freeway and El Toro Road in Irvine. Plenty of free parking and places to eat.

Console: Playstation 4 (bring your own controller/fightstick). PS4 pads are allowed as we will have a de-sync station. BRING YOUR OWN SYNC CABLE

Format: Double elimination. 2/3 games (3/5 for finals). Winner is character/variation locked. Loser may change either. Stages will be random.

Ranking Points: You will receive points based on the size of the bracket and where you placed from the winner all the way down to last place. These points are cumulative over the course of the 4 event series. The top 8 point earners at the conclusion of the 4th event will be seeded into a single elimination bracket to fight it out for the bonus pot.

Points Example: 16 player bracket (for the sake of example I kept it simple)
1st - 16 pts
2nd - 15 pts
3rd - 14 pts
4th - 13 pts
5th - 12 pts
5th - 12 pts
7th - 10 pts
7th - 10 pts
9th - 8 pts
9th - 8 pts
9th - 8 pts
9th - 8 pts
13th - 4 pts
13th - 4 pts
13th - 4 pts
13th - 4 pts

Cost: $10 ($5 venue fee, $4 cash pot, $1 bonus pot)

Tournament Payout: Top 3 (60/30/10)

Bonus Pot Payout: Winner of top 8 point earners bracket.

ESL MKX Pro League: Are you playing in the ESL MKX Pro Leage? Bring your Xbox One and we will do our best to accommodate you to compete in both events. Be sure to check in at the appropriate time and show up early to give us time to get you set up. Also please let me know if you intend on bringing your XBox.

50/50 Donation Drive: This is more for the stream viewers rather than attendees but I figured it would be beneficial to post it. All donations collected over the season will be split with the bonus cash pot. So half of all donations collected will be put into the bonus pool for the end of the season. Donation links will be on our Twitch page, our website or can be sent to [email protected].

Live Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/EpicGP

Contact Info:
http://www.EpicGP.com
http://www.twitter.com/EGP_Compton
http://www.facebook.com/EpicGamerProductions

Attachments

EGP_Compton

Brian Compton
Please notify me by any means if you intend on bringing an Xbox One to compete in the ESL MKX Pro League. Thank you.

Last edited:

layer

i'm a song from the sixties
Was wondering when we were going to get the SoCal scene going again. I'll be sure to attend and scrub it up with Sonya.

Filipino Man

Retirement my ass
I can vouch for Oomba in that their place is really nice spacious venue. The mall may be quite dead, but their venue is nice and the people are nice.

I hope to make it some weekends. I really want to compete.

EGP_Compton

Brian Compton
Thank you for all the support guys. I know the venue is a drive for some of you but they're very hard to come by. It's good to be back and I'm super hype to see all you guys again and watch our scene level up. West coast needs to win Evo this year.

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter
If anybody is interested at all in attending, post up in this thread, we can try to help you find a ride/pay for entry/whatever your problem is.

This is going to be HUGE for SoCal MKX, and the NRS community as a whole. EGP is back!
Literally just the ride.

Kakarot

PSN: KonquerorSpirit
I would love to go since I only live like 10 minutes from this place but I don't own a ps4 and therefore do not have a ps4 remote. :(