What's new

Video/Tutorial - Erron Black Making Erron Black's 50/50s Safe (Outlaw/Marksman).

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Erron's 50/50s can be made safe through the use of Option Selects & Gun Cancels.

Here's a general overview of the inputs of the Option Selects/Gun Cancels and how they look:

Here's some more Outlaw Option Selects, found by @InFlames:

The gist of the OSs are that if you do a combo string and input the special as you normally would on hit but input a direction after the special, then the game completely forgets about the special and the full combo string comes out on block.

Gun Cancels off of F13/B33 are completely safe vs everybody, except Tempest Lao.

The F132 OSs are completely safe, however B32D1 can be armoured through/backdashed.

The B32 OS shown by Inflames is -7 on block, meaning it can be punished by a 7f special or a 6f normal.

Shoutouts to @UltraDavid for finding these OSs. If you're looking for an in-depth explanation of what's going on, check out his thread:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/explanation-of-option-selects-in-mkx.50948/

InFlames

dead
Actually 7 frame moves can't punish B32, I tried doing that in the video with Lao's EX Spin (Buzz Saw)

Good thread. I wish Gunslinger was able to do this without meter, makes me hate that variation even more.

-LD50-

In a relationship with Killer Frost
Yeah so you have to actually hit condirm Errons 50/50s. But F132 is safe ans b32d1/u1 is safe lol
Even when option select is fixed, using f12 and b32 are probably the best bet right? On hit confirm you can sand toss, but on block confirm b32 is only -6 and you can block confirm f12 into f122 for -6 as well. both even safer than f132 and b32d1 by a few frames.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
while this would have been some pretty nasty tech, it's probably healthier for the game overall that OS's are gonna be removed.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Even when option select is fixed, using f12 and b32 are probably the best bet right? On hit confirm you can sand toss, but on block confirm b32 is only -6 and you can block confirm f12 into f122 for -6 as well. both even safer than f132 and b32d1 by a few frames.
You wanna use f132 and push them back. They cant punish you. f122 leaves them in your face

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
Do these options selects still work? Or is there some trick to getting them that I just can't get down?

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Do these options selects still work? Or is there some trick to getting them that I just can't get down?
Yeah they still work. The B32DB4DDU1 I find is the easiest while F13DB4DD2 is the one that requires the most timing

Redux

Ex Phase
Are you guys able to do these online? Haven't tried option selects before but it seems you have to be pretty quick for it to be consistent.