What's new

Game Freezing Issues on XBL

Hey guys,
Is anyone else having a hard time Online on the Xbox at the moment? First off when I enter King of the Hill matches I dont see my player card show up (perhaps I have to wait till an entire rotation, but it still doesnt show after one match).
Even worse my console freezes every single time a match in King of the Hill Loads. Its been 5 times now.

Pics of Server error messages:
https://twitter.com/AngryJoeShow/status/324062766908440577
Freezing:
https://twitter.com/AngryJoeShow/status/324065434171215872

Now versus was working before the mass rushed the servers. And works for (the most part) now, but I cant get a King of the Hill match going.

What worries me is that I was level 39, then for some reason after a system crash I tried playing again and I was a level 1 (won the match) then had another crash. Now im back to level 39 and im getting these regular freezes and crashes in King of the Hill.

I played a couple matches on XBL and it played fine for a few rounds, then my 360 overheated because it's 8 years old and it does that time to time. So netcode was good to me.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Hmm, there is a lot of hype surrounding the game so I guess servers could be stressed, it is day one after all. I'm not exactly certain how normal this kind of stuff is, but from the sounds of things there are patches inbound for some other stuff so maybe this will be addressed too?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Only went into one KoTH for like a minute and watched some dudes fight, but I had to leave before I could fight. It seemed fine I guess.

Rank matches have been working pretty as well, not having any kind of filters is stupid as hell though.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
lol wtf, I just realized this is Angry Joe posting here. Had no idea you visited these forums. I can't actually comment on the online till I get my copy later today.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
I've heard a few other people are having this issue too. It seems to be rare though, I'm sure it'll fix itself out. It is release day after all (in the US). If it doesn't fix itself it might be an issue with your Xbox.

P.S. Welcome to the site Joe.

HOLY MY GOD. LOL! Someone made a gif of that.

THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE GIF EVER. lol.

Yea, so im still having issues, ill try back after some sleep.
If not ill switch over to another XBL account (purchase a 1 month sub), and see if it had to do with that random experience wipe where I lost my levels for that single match (god I hope that doesnt screw me over) as ive unlocked nearly everything there by god.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
HOLY MY GOD. LOL! Someone made a gif of that.

THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE GIF EVER. lol.

Yea, so im still having issues, ill try back after some sleep later on today.
If not ill switch over to another XBL account (purchase a 1 month sub), and see if it had to do with my experience wipe a loss of levels for that single match (god I hope that doesnt screw me over) as ive unlocked nearly everything there by god.
Have you tried installing the game to your harddrive?

Just tired installing the game to the Hard Drive. Doesnt Help.

Played a single match this time, connected and entered game - but again my experience was gone, I was level 1 again with none of my skins or backgrounds. Lost this one, but still gave me a bit of experience (hopefully that doesnt lock me into now being crappy lvl 1 rather than 39).

This is really a huge problem.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
YAAAY Did you check out TYM from my tweet? It would've been badass if it was. FUCK YES AngryJoe on TYM!

Daamn Joe, why do you always get problems when it comes to games? lol. Bioshock inf, Defiance and now IGAU

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
Just tired installing the game to the Hard Drive. Doesnt Help.

Played a single match this time, connected and entered game - but again my experience was gone, I was level 1 again with none of my skins or backgrounds. Lost this one, but still gave me a bit of experience (hopefully that doesnt lock me into now being crappy lvl 1 rather than 39).

This is really a huge problem.
Then the issue must be the servers, server crashing happened a lot to me on MK. I hope they get their stuff sorted out soon. :(

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Hey Joe! I love your show! Sorry to hear about your problem. This sounds worse than the Rage Quit glitch :/

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
They may wait for a global release first, they aren't releasing the game until Friday in Europe.

If you're still getting that issue, I'll see if it happens to me on Friday.

tazzmission

Banned
Hey guys,
Is anyone else having a hard time Online on the Xbox at the moment? First off when I enter King of the Hill matches I dont see my player card show up (perhaps I have to wait till an entire rotation, but it still doesnt show after one match).
Even worse my console freezes every single time a match in King of the Hill Loads. Its been 5 times now.

Pics of Server error messages:
https://twitter.com/AngryJoeShow/status/324062766908440577
Freezing:
https://twitter.com/AngryJoeShow/status/324065434171215872

Now versus was working before the mass rushed the servers. And works for (the most part) now, but I cant get a King of the Hill match going.

What worries me is that I was level 39, then for some reason after a system crash I tried playing again and I was a level 1 (won the match) then had another crash. Now im back to level 39 and im getting these regular freezes and crashes in King of the Hill.
could be a bug with the server also watch out for hackers my account was stolen about 2 weeks ago

Unfortunately it seems limited to just my private gamer tag.

I reactivated my public gamer tag and KOH and all other modes work fine.

Either this is a random bug that you get after crashing and played with lower XP than you should have, or some other error that seems to be a rare occurance. Still sucks though. =(

***UPDATE****

OKAY RANDOMLY it started working again. So this seems to just be server issues. Im taking advantage of this and never leaving this KOH room till im good and done, lol.

Just to show you guys what it looks like:

RYX

BIG PUSHER
It generally happens if you've been playing too long.

I give my system a good break on the rare occasions it actually freezes up.