What's new

LSE Perm Wins Sixkiller Showdown

Israfel

Designer for BxA
This was a very humbling experience. This was my first offline/local that I put together and hosted myself. I was expecting maybe 10-12 people to show up and had 31 people show to compete in Mortal Kombat. Thank you to everybody that made it out, especially those that drove hours and hours (We had a crew from Dallas which is about 4-5 drive!?!?!?!?!?!?). Anyways, enough of my ranting and on to the tournament rankings.

1st: LSE Perm Full Auto Jacqui / Shaolin Jin
2nd: LSE Toki War God Kotal / Relentless Jason / Cassie Cage (?)
3rd: RM Bearclxw Balanced Kenshi / Blood & War God Kotal
4th: IcyHott Grand Master / Cryomancer Sub-Zero
5th: LSE DZ Shirai Ryu Takeda / MoS Ermac
Tek_Rising​
7th: RS_Redsoul
GOE_Jerseyman55 MoS Ermac​
9th: @Israfel Summoner/Sorceror Quan Chi
EpicSoda Royal Storm Kitana
4E Smees Summoner Quan Chi
Ekana​
13th: Pixeled
Drago Cryomancer Sub-Zero / Warlock Quan Chi
FeFe Shawnzzy ( @Shawnzzy )
Enforcer04 Flamefist Liu Kang​
17th: SilencerDoD
At0micBrav0
Nix Kev Chelios
The Kid Diddler <======== Friend trolled this name for him
iVape13
GOE Nighthawk
Manny Fresh
kaiju master​
25th: upfish
wtflopeezy
ChocolateMilk_
RKO_Holic
Rey
Owen
ThunderKitten93​
Official Bracket: http://challonge.com/ihnn6cw

^video somebody at the event took

SixKillerShowdown_banner_small.jpg

The Dallas, TX crew (LSE) talked a big game saying they were driving up and taking all of the money back with them and they held true to their claims for the most part taking both 1st and 2nd place, LSE Perm was a huge contender only losing a single match the whole tournament to his teammate LSE Toki. RM Bearclxw and IcyHott fought the good fight for the OK locals placing 3rd and 4th respectively.

In personal news, I had to face my "nemesis" GOE_Jerseyman55 again in losers bracket and again his Ermac was triumphant in knocking me out of the tournament. Next time I will make him serve me in the Netherrealm ;-)

@Andrew_Ryan @DanableLector @Aqueous_Echo

Attachments

Last edited:
This was a very humbling experience. This was my first offline/local that I put together and hosted myself. I was expecting maybe 10-12 people to show up and had 31 people show to compete in Mortal Kombat. Thank you to everybody that made it out, especially those that drove hours and hours (We had a crew from Dallas which is about 4-5 drive!?!?!?!?!?!?).

Anyways, enough of my ranting and on to the tournament rankings.

Official Bracket: http://challonge.com/ihnn6cw

^video somebody at the event took

1st: LSE Perm Shaolin Jin
2nd: LSE Toki Ronin Takeda / Blood God Kotal
3rd: RM Bearclxw Balanced Kenshi / Blood & War God Kotal
4th: IcyHott Grand Master / Cryomancer Sub-Zero
5th: LSE DZ
Tek_Rising
7th: RS_Redsoul
GOE_Jerseyman55 MoS Ermac
9th: @Israfel Summoner/Sorceror Quan Chi
EpicSoda Royal Storm Kitana
4E Smees Summoner Quan Chi
Ekana
13th: Pixeled
Drago Cryomancer Sub-Zero / Warlock Quan Chi
FeFe Shawnzzy
Enforcer04 Flamefist Liu Kang
17th: SilencerDoD
At0micBrav0
Nix Kev Chelios
The Kid Diddler <======== Friend trolled this name for him
iVape13
GOE Nighthawk
Manny Fresh
kaiju master
25th: upfish
wtflopeezy
ChocolateMilk_
RKO_Holic
Rey
Owen
ThunderKitten93

The Dallas, TX crew (LSE) talked a big game saying they were driving up and taking all of the money back with them and they held true to their claims for the most part taking both 1st and 2nd place, LSE Perm was a huge contender only losing a single match the whole tournament to his teammate LSE Toki. RM Bearclxw and IcyHott fought the good fight for the OK locals placing 3rd and 4th respectively.

In personal news, I had to face my "nemesis" GOE_Jerseyman55 again in losers bracket and again his Ermac was triumphant in knocking me out of the tournament. Next time I will make him serve me in the Netherrealm ;-)

@Andrew_Ryan @DanableLector @Aqueous_Echo
Good stuff, guys! Seems like an awesome time and hope all of you learned a lot. Especially to those where this was your first event! If I lived remotely close I'd have definitely made a few hours trip! Keep it rockin, my dudes

Glad to have had a hand in helping get this thing going

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
This looks like it was an awesome event! I just wish some players would have showed up for Get Bodied at Sunny's Game Lounge too. Or at least both tournaments on different days because being the only one to so up for Mortal Kombat X at a tournament isn't much fun.

TOKi

VGP TOKi
This was a really fun and great event, and thanks for having us Dallas guys be a part of it. We'll definitely keep supporting yalls scene. Just give us a heads up on when yall host another event and we'll be there.
Also just for those wondering what characters some of the people played, heres what I can recall.
The Cassie variant I played was Hollywood, and I used both Unstoppable & Relentless Jason.
Tek_Rising played War God Kotal, RS_Redsoul played Assassin Kitana & Summoner Quan Chi, Ekana played Spec Ops Cassie Cage, Kev Chelios played Pumped Up Jax / Tempest Kung Lao, and Diddler played Tempest Kung Lao.

Andrew_Ryan

Top Kontributor
This tournament was def fun, Thanks again for having us. This is TEK_RISING btw. I had fun getting destroyed by Tokis Kotal. Just let us know when they'll be another tournament and we'll be there. GGS to everyone I played...

Israfel

Designer for BxA
This looks like it was an awesome event! I just wish some players would have showed up for Get Bodied at Sunny's Game Lounge too. Or at least both tournaments on different days because being the only one to so up for Mortal Kombat X at a tournament isn't much fun.
I agree whole heartedly about the scheduling. Hopefully Sunny's has a better turnout next time, I want both areas to have a flourishing scene.

Israfel

Designer for BxA
This was a really fun and great event, and thanks for having us Dallas guys be a part of it. We'll definitely keep supporting yalls scene. Just give us a heads up on when yall host another event and we'll be there.
Also just for those wondering what characters some of the people played, heres what I can recall.
The Cassie variant I played was Hollywood, and I used both Unstoppable & Relentless Jason.
Tek_Rising played War God Kotal, RS_Redsoul played Assassin Kitana & Summoner Quan Chi, Ekana played Spec Ops Cassie Cage, Kev Chelios played Pumped Up Jax / Tempest Kung Lao, and Diddler played Tempest Kung Lao.
Nothing set in stone as of yet but December might be the next date. Hopefully by then I'll have learned some Bear(clxw) crushing tech ;-)