What's new

Guide - Liu Kang Liu Kang Living Guide Thread

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Going to be updating this post as we all learn more about our shaolin brother.
Will Post a Lot more info a lil later, just wanted to get the thread started

Normals:

F4
- Probably his most solid normal in the game right now.
9 Frame Start up and is Low.
Has solid range so can be used to whiff punish a lot of things and go into full combos.
the follow up string is F44 which then can be cancelled into bycicle kicks for 18% restand or EX into a solid 36% midscreen combo.
the F44 is a 3 hit string even tho its 2 inputs , which makes it easier to hit confirm, and if its blocked leaves you at 0.

B2- Overhead back fist normal that has one of the best ranges in the game.
Very good for whiff punishing when F4 would whiff.
Knocksdown on hit so you can get any combo off it but you can set up a meaty low fireball.
Blocked it is -10 , but with the push back it prevents the majority of the chast from punishing
I like throwing it out at max distance after condition opponents to blow the F4 Low.

D3 - Low hitting poke.
Has to be used in right situation because of its 11 frame start up.
The benefit of this move is that it is +4 on Block, so sets you up for a solid frame trap with F4 or other normals.

Special Moves:

Flying Kick- in his Variation it is a 2 hit move and can be EX into Bicycle kicks that are mid hitting and leave you at +15.
Makes a good whiff punisher as well, and great way to start pressure when going into Ex Bicycle Kicks.

Bicycle Kick - When done Raw , they are highs.
can be EX into a Overhead hitting flip kick that is -1 on block.
great for catching ppl blocking low, and the ex overhead flip kick can be done anything during the kicks so if done delayed can catch ppl trying to look for a punish.
one of his most useful special moves for combo damage and extension.

Last edited:

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Dude... your salt is real lol... don't sweat it though man... tha day 1 patch is gonna change a bunch...
apperantly psn already has the patch. only the xbox one version dont.
so should be accurate if its true. had to download a patch when i first started playing

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
some frames don't look right, f1 is supposed to be 5 frame start up, tahts what they said on the kombat cast as the fastest normal in the game.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
i'm a SF4 player so i'm not sure what is considered a good combo in this game, but:

113, B34 xx Bicycle Kick, D2 30% Meterless, trying to do better.
Depends... as a SF player you should know Set Ups > Raw Damage unless it is FTW. ATM I am trying to end everything in a BK or a hard knockdown to set up a meaty low fireball.

Also keep in mind his F4, 4 is his best string so you might want to work off of that.

FREEJ4Y

waiting for the balance patch
Depends... as a SF player you should know Set Ups > Raw Damage unless it is FTW. ATM I am trying to end everything in a BK or a hard knockdown to set up a meaty low fireball.

Also keep in mind his F4, 4 is his best string so you might want to work off of that.
I'm just trying to find raw damage, you guys can find the setups Tuesday.

As a competitive SF player combos and setups are usually rolled into one, most characters don't have to sacrifice too much damage for a setup.

That aside I'll try to find some F4,4 combos to post

U4 leads to a nice chance to do a run cancel combo after 113, but i can't find a way to squeeze dmg out of it.

Also can't find anything that restands after a launch.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
No, it knocks the opponent down. BK can be used as a "mini reset" after canceling a simple 3hit string into it for 20-23damage. Launching the opponent and then following up with bk doesn't reset them. Let's see what the 14nth of april has in store as far as data/combos are concerned. Hopefully Liu is going to keep his bk reset.

apperantly psn already has the patch. only the xbox one version dont.
so should be accurate if its true. had to download a patch when i first started playing
So when's Xbone get the patch! I hate how they're getting fucked over