What's new

Match Footage - Hellfire links and cancels are consistent online

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
I've been browsing around and I noticed some people saying flame aura links, and fbc blockstring are not worth learning if you are primarily an online player.

If you memorize the timing rather than use visual cues, then some delay will not put you off and I can prove it. These are from 2 bar fights, It's also consistent in 1/0 bar fights but I don't have any proof of that

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
You sir, have a new subscriber.
The only odd thing is having the time to confirm if they get hit by the string or not.
I usually only have that problem because i buffer the move as soon as i do the string.
New to MK it seems like you have to commit to the whole string set. So it feels like a guess sometimes.
Eithet way great stuff on your part.

Yeah. Some of Sonya's combos that require running multiple times would seem difficult to do online, but the inputs all need to be close together, and so long as the rhythm is the same, lag will not interfere. Having the inputs so rapid and close together means it's easy to keep the rhythm as well.

The difficulty in these cases is that the combos often require rapid button presses and can be a bit stressful on the hands.

Oddly enough, it means that the most difficult combos online often only require lax timing, where it's much harder to measure the exact time between doing one input and the other by rhythm. This tends to be the case for floaty juggles which offline are often the easiest to execute.

I try to mold my "online combos" around this.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Yeah. Some of Sonya's combos that require running multiple times would seem difficult to do online, but the inputs all need to be close together, and so long as the rhythm is the same, lag will not interfere. Having the inputs so rapid and close together means it's easy to keep the rhythm as well.

The difficulty in these cases is that the combos often require rapid button presses and can be a bit stressful on the hands.

Oddly enough, it means that the most difficult combos online often only require lax timing, where it's much harder to measure the exact time between doing one input and the other by rhythm. This tends to be the case for floaty juggles which offline are often the easiest to execute.

I try to mold my "online combos" around this.
Ive been practicing Sonya for a couple days. She pretty damn strong.
Seeing how youre a demolition guy, is that variation worth a go? I use her Covert Ops. Her drone class meant it always had to be out just for a combo :/

Ive been practicing Sonya for a couple days. She pretty damn strong.
Seeing how youre a demolition guy, is that variation worth a go? I use her Covert Ops. Her drone class meant it always had to be out just for a combo :/
I would say Demolitions works like a safe version of Covert Ops, but one that gets less off knockdown pressure.

Her grenades make her combo starters safe, and easily hit confirmable. If you see your mixup string doesn't hit you can delay your grenade detonation and even go for another mixup.

But she's SUPER dependent on grenades, so unlike covert Ops where you easily get the opponent into the corner and rely on hard-knockdowns to keep up pressure, Demolitions generally needs to end combos with a juggle into 2134 to get a safe refill. So you get increased safety, but sacrifice pressure.

I find it a good compliment to Covert Ops, though I haven't really yet settled in on when to use Demolitions or Covert Ops for whatever matchup. All I know so far is that by rule of thumb, teleporters are very strong against Demolitions.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
You sir, have a new subscriber.
The only odd thing is having the time to confirm if they get hit by the string or not.
I usually only have that problem because i buffer the move as soon as i do the string.
New to MK it seems like you have to commit to the whole string set. So it feels like a guess sometimes.
Eithet way great stuff on your part.
I'm usually pretty shit at HC but in the case of the 214 string thre are a lot of frames between the first hit and the cutoff point for your special cancel. I usually only mess it up if they stop blocking part way through the string, or if they just didn't even block right after teleport.

EDIT: and thanks for the sub. I have a couple more scorpion bids coming up within the week, and if I don't discover anything new by then I'll probably look around for a new character to experiment with.

I can do my combos and stuff online. What I can't do online is hit confirm or block confirm 214 into either fbc or teleport. No problem in offline sets, but online i have to commit to an option