What's new

Question - Hellfire Linking moves after flame aura help

I try doing combos after i hit with flame aura and (since i put the a.i into auto block) they almost always seem to manage to block it. I looked at the frame data, and it says that FA is 0 cancel and +13 on hit.

For example, i can rarely if at all land a standing 4 after i do flame aura. A standing 4 takes 10 frames to start, since FA is plus 13 on hit is it because i only have 3 frames to do land the standing 4 the reason i am having trouble?

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I would say use 11 teleport or 114 teleport depending on if you used a spear or not. It's the easiest link imo and that's what I use to be consistent.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Just practice and you'll get the timing right. It may seem hard at first but it will get a lot easier.

QXD

Noob
You are right, it is a 3 frame link. If you pay attention to his recovery animation, you can see his arms locking up to activate flame aura. At the point when he puts his arms down, that when you want to hit what you're going for. Standing 1 is a 4 frame-link which makes it a little easier for losing 1%

Ok thanks i appreciate that, its hard as hell to land that in practice i cant imagine online when its laggy.... I'll practice with a standing 1 instead. Do you play on ps4 qxd?

Matix218

Get over here!
I literally am having the same issue. I'm transitioning from ninjitsu to also using hellfire for certain matchups and im having a hard time with this as well. Ill try the visual cue that scoot suggested

Matix218

Get over here!
it is still really tight timing, sometimes I hit it and sometimes the ai blocks, im thinking about sticking with d1 after fa in combos because it's so fast its guaranteed and its still plus 11... but ill keep practicing. It is the most frustrating thing, I can do the b3, rc into 214 pretty well but I cant do his basic bnb ender consistently. .. fml lol

If you pay attention to his recovery animation, you can see his arms locking up to activate flame aura. At the point when he puts his arms down, that when you want to hit what you're going for
THIS.....made things easier for me too! I barely have a day left to practice for Manila Cup and I'm not even 85% confident I got the timing right. At least this will help me prepare for OCtober's event.

Thanks guys. :)

QXD

Noob
Ok thanks i appreciate that, its hard as hell to land that in practice i cant imagine online when its laggy.... I'll practice with a standing 1 instead. Do you play on ps4 qxd?
Sorry, i'm on pc. But keep at it, links take practice. It took me about a month to get it down consistently. Once you get down the timing of it, you can be consistent in lag too.

Hey guys in that thread too lol.
I play Ninjitsu mainly but I am interested in Hellfire too as an other variant to make my game better and other style too.
I have an issue, please confirm that I do it wrong:

My opponent always poked me out from F4FA >>11Tele at the end of the combo (after FA of course). Literally he could uppercut me all the time (6 frame) - I see my 1 hitting above him and I am hit by an uppercut.
In the practice room I could do the combo 8/10 against blocking AI.
Is it possible that I suck due to low profile hit/poke or I am just too slow online and that's why he could uppercut and D1-D3 me? Knowing the hit advantage mechanism I know I am just slow but I was so upset and need a confirmation. :)

After 10 matches without a combo reset I just forgot Hellfire against Kotal wargod at all (again).
I am just owned sadly (without FRBC and reset I am not favored against his fast long reach moves) . :)

Last edited: