What's new

Breakthrough - A-List [Beta Closed] Lets talk about A-list as is during Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bilbo11

Noob
There is not much around for us Johnny players to look at with the upcoming patch, and with the Beta going strong we can assume that some of these changes will follow through to the major patch incoming.

I have tried to comb through the frame data so far, but with limited patience from my opponents all I have to offer is:

I will try to keep scoping through but if any one has any more to input please post so we can have a more thorough look at what could be incoming. Please post your info and I will try to add to this to make it easier to have all the Johnny Cage changes in one place. Thanks

New (?) Breaker System - On break, both players loose all stamina.

D4 is -6 on block and has 21 recovery frames - (was -1 BLK and 16 Recovery)
+Possible Hurtbox changes

This means we basicly get one shot at a D4 before its time to block (-6)
and trying to low profile jump ins, X-overs, and NJPs with D4 (21 Rcv) may be alot harder.

Fisticuffs
Speedbag- -3 on Block, 10 Frame Start up from (11i) = {B1}
Fist Bump Start up/Recovery = Faster than 44i ? (?) can anyone confirm recovery?
Fist Bump Grap now does 17% dmg, up from 12%

Last edited:

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
There is not much around for us Johnny players to look at with the upcoming patch, and with the Beta going strong we can assume that some of these changes will follow through to the major patch incoming.

I have tried to comb through the frame data so far, but with limited patience from my opponents all I have to offer is:

I will try to keep scoping through but if any one has any more to input please post so we can have a more thorough look at what could be incoming. Please post your info and I will try to add to this to make it easier to have all the Johnny Cage changes in one place. Thanks

D4 is -6 on block and has 21 recovery frames - (was -1 BLK and 16 Recovery)
This means we basicly get one shot at a D4 before its time to block (-6)
and trying to low profile jump ins, X-overs, and NJPs with D4 (21 Rcv) may be alot harder.
D4 still low profiles the way it did before

I think there is a bit of a placebo effect going on

Bilbo11

Noob
I get you there but as a trip guard, with the extra recovery added on wiff and the opponent crossing over again it might not be as usefull, D2 might have to cover it.

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
Said it before and Ill say it again, d4 shouldnt be a magic pill for your wins. I feel like d4's main use has been and is inteded to be used to low profile pressure and in footsies as a whiff punisher or to check them a few times while you wait for your stamina to come back

Bilbo11

Noob
anywho, if anyone has any more information on changes to JC during the beta please feel free to post.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Johnny is probably gonna have a hard time dealing with zoning with the update to breakers. You can zone him out all day, build meter and as soon as he touches you just break and make him work his way back in without stamina. Saltface did this to me with his mileena and it made me realize how big of a change the breaker update is.

Bilbo11

Noob
Johnny getting zoned out is hilarious. He has every tool.

Fireball is already a top projectile and shadow kick gets you a full screen in.

To anyone complaining...Level up dudes.
Just looking for patch notes on Johnny Cage that anyone has noticed, not trying to start arguments, maybe I shoud have done this on Reddit ? :p

I Am The LK

Here my battle cry (Meow)
I'm actually fine with the changes. FC got buffed. SD got a slight buff. d4 was nerfed but IT WAS A BIT BROKEN. He's fine.

Idk if anybody mentioned this but I mb'd a blocked nutpunch on a crouching Scorpion and it whiffed right over him, never seen that in my life. Can anybody confirm this?

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I'm actually fine with the changes. FC got buffed. SD got a slight buff. d4 was nerfed but IT WAS A BIT BROKEN. He's fine.
The Fisticuffs grab buff is cool looking, but it's not enough. With many characters getting better pokes, if his speedbag stays the same he will be more thrash than he is now.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Johnny getting zoned out is hilarious. He has every tool.

Fireball is already a top projectile and shadow kick gets you a full screen in.

To anyone complaining...Level up dudes.
Anyone smart can punish you for trying to EX shadowkick from full screen, and many times it doesn't even get you in, they can still retreat and keep spacing you out. And trying to win a zoning war with forceballs against certain characters... You will lose. I'm not saying Johnny is now hopeless against zoning now, but he will have to work harder to get in and start his pressure, especially with breakers leaving him without stamina, his most vital resource.

I Am The LK

Here my battle cry (Meow)
Could you post the changes? I will just add them all, makes it easier :)
Fisticuffs- Seems to be still -3 on block but 7 frame startup. Chip buff seems so startup much faster. Stunt double all I know is there's like a second less cool down before you can get your mimics.

Status
Not open for further replies.