What's new

Last Blade 2

Need to know if anyone here is willing to play this game on Kaillera with me. I'm pretty ok at this game I think.

Where did all of the Garou/LastBlade kaillera players go!!!

Its probably the only 2D fighter thats not MK where I feel like I can actually do something.

All other 2D fighters i'm garbage at because they all seem like mash fests with too much animation and weird moves that have priority over what looks to be stronger moves.

Black Shroud

Formless Like Water
Oh well.
All Last Blade 2 players have gone from kaillera to same place where all Samurai Shodown players have gone:
2dfighter.com
or else
ggpo.net (but I prefer 2dfighter)

As for the game, well. At first I must note that it was created as alternative to SNK's main big weapon fighting series Samurai Shodown, but with focus on time when Japan culture starts to merge with european and era of swordsmen is at the end; then deflect attacks were all around instead of Samurai Shodown dodges, characters got two modes (Power is hitting slower and harder, and having unblockable attacks and devastating super move - most similar to Samurai Shodown; Speed is hitting faster and lighter, and having ability to chain hits into combos, having juggle starter and also super combos - most similar to KOF). Graphics are great, music is european instead of japanese, Last Blade 1 has lesser characters; Last Blade 2 is instead unbalanced in a way there are powerful button-mash characters, and there are weak but hard to play characters as well.

Last Blade series got shut down after 2 iterations, while main, Samurai Shodown series already got 11 iterations, an RPG game (serving similar purposes as Konquest and MKSM in MK franchise) and now Samurai Shodown MMORPG is in development.

Last Blade are good games, but the thing I dont like are weapon hits dont feel like weapon hits. Im used to heavy hits of Samurai Shodown, where basically you can feel weight of weapon when doing heavy attack (and damage is corresponding), not Last Blade's flick-flick with a sword; however people that come from hand-to-hand fighting games like KOF and SF, are generally used to Last Blade more than to Samurai Shodown

@ DarkMoon - about looking like mash-fests, that is true for combo-oriented games without dial-a-combos like in MK, where you chain hits based on their properties and amount of hitstun done to opponent. In Last Blade games, such thing is entirely possible as well, just look some combo videos for LB games where Speed mode is used. In Samurai Shodown games, instead, its more about tactics, because to do big damage you usually dont do long combo starting from safe jab, instead you do single solid hit that is unsafe, and if gets blocked, you eat opponent's solid hit instead. Because of this while trying to catch open opponent, players resort to using weaker attacks, and special properties of characters (since each one is unique and has own specific tricks to get the job done)

When I play Last Blade 2, I use Setsuna (basically Last Blade's analog of Samurai Shodown's Asura, "The Swordsman from Demon World" character type. Setsuna's Lightning 1-hit superarmor owns, because it negates hitstun of any attack of opponent, and Setsuna can counterattack with heavy damage combo.
However the biggest ownage is starting his unblockable on opponent's wakeup while being in superarmor, tnerefore opponent has no chance in hell to get away, and loses around third part of his health.
Washizuka's unblockable rules too, when fully charged it dashes like half of screen distance, and if opponent starts to jump, you just release it earlier and catch them when they land