What's new

Combo Video - Lasher Lasher - Combo Videos Compilation

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Hey all,

Made this thread where I can put all the Lasher combo videos I make so they can be easily accessible for everyone in one location (as opposed to having to search through tons of pages in other threads).

Note: These combos were made after Sept 1st, 2015 patch.

--------------------------------------------------

Overhead Starters

Takeda (Lasher) 38% 1 Bar (Overhead Starter) (credit to @annunaki9308)

B21 EX Whip Assault NJP B2 Kunai (Close) F1(2+4) Whip Scoop

Note: Can also end the combo in Whip Strike for same damage %

Takeda (Lasher) - B21 35% 1 Bar (Overhead Starter)

B21 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Assault

Low Starters

Takeda (Lasher) 36% 1 Bar (Low Starter)

B3 EX Whip Assault NJP B2 Kunai (Close) F1(2+4) Whip Scoop

Note: Can also end the combo in Whip Strike for same damage % (although at times depending on spacing combo may only hit 35%)

Takeda (Lasher) - B3 33% 1 Bar (Low Starter)

B3 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Assault

Note: You can end this combo with Whip Strike as well for same damage %.

JIP Starters

Takeda (Lasher) JIP Starter 42% (1 Bar)

JIP 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP B2 Kunai (Close) F1(2+4) Whip Scoop

Note: Can also end the combo in Whip Strike for same damage % (although at times depending on spacing combo may only hit 41%)

Takeda (Lasher) JIP Starter 1 Bar 40%

Forward Jump F+2, 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP (Step Forward) 4 4 Whip Assault

Note: Without the F+2 starter, the combo still hits for 39% and is useful for punishes.

NJP Starters

Takeda (Lasher) NJP Starter 29% (No Bar)

NJP B2 Kunai (Close) F12(2+4) Whip Strike

Note: Can also end the combo with Whip Scoop for 28%

Takeda (Lasher) NJP Starter 1 Bar 29% (Near Ender)

NJP 4 4 EX Whip Assault B21 Whip Scoop

Note: This is useful if you want to end the NJP combo with the opponent right in front of you to continue pressure.

Takeda (Lasher) NJP Starter 1 Bar 29% (Far Ender)

NJP 4 4 EX Whip Assault B21 Whip Strike

Note: This is useful if you want to end the NJP combo with the opponent across the screen for you for optimal spacing.

F12 2+4 Starters

Takeda (Lasher) - F12 2+4 Starter 26% 1 Bar - (Credit to @Maevar)

F12 2+4 (first hit of 2+4 only) EX Tornado Strike Run Cancel F12 2+4 (both hits of 2+4) Whip Assault

Note: Run cancel is quick.

Takeda (Lasher) - F12 2+4 Starter 26% 1 Bar (Switch Sides)

F12 2+4 (first hit of 2+4 only) EX Far Tornado Strike F12 2+4 (both hits of 2+4) Whip Assault

Note: Use this variation of the 26% starter in order to switch sides with the opponent.

Takeda (Lasher) - F12 2+4 Starter 25% 1 Bar

F12 2+4 (1st hit of 2+4 only) EX Kunai Run B2 Whip Assault

Last edited:

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Corner Starters

1 Bar

Takeda (Lasher) 41% Corner 1 Bar (Overhead Starter)

B21 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Trip

Takeda (Lasher) 40% Corner 1 Bar (Low Starter)

B3 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Trip

Takeda (Lasher) - F12 2+4 Starter Corner 1 Bar 34%

F12 2+4 (1st hit of 2+4 only) EX Kunai NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Trip

Takeda (Lasher) 45% Corner 1 Bar (JIP Starter)

JIP 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Trip

Note: If you start with 44 (removing JIP) the combo still ends in 45%. As such, you can use this combo when punishing in the corner by starting with 44 for same damage %.

2 Bar

Takeda (Lasher) 51% Corner 2 Bar (Overhead Starter)

B21 EX Kunai 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Assault

Note: For those who find it difficult to hit the final Whip Assault after D1, it may be easier (and more online friendly) to end in Whip Trip instead for the same about of damage

Takeda (Lasher) 50% Corner 2 Bar (Low Starter)

B3 EX Kunai 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Trip

Note: Can also end in Whip Strike instead for the same about of damage

Takeda (Lasher) - F12 2+4 Starter Corner 2 Bar 42%

F12 2+4 (1st hit of 2+4 only) 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Trip

Takeda (Lasher) 51% Corner 2 Bar (JIP Starter)

JIP 3 3 EX Kunai 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Assault

Note: His 112 string can also combo into EX Kunai. If 33 is replaced with 112 instead, it will result in a 50% combo

Alternatively, you can also go with a JIP 44 EX Kunai to make use of the 16% reset into a 48% 2 meter as shown below (although 44 EX Kunai is not an real combo string)

Takeda (Lasher) 16% Reset + 48% Corner 2 Bar (JIP Starter)

JIP 4 4 EX Kunai 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Trip

Note: The opponent can successfully block low after the 44 EX Kunai to avoid a full combo punish

Last edited:

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
have you tried working on the 50/50 set ups?

(b21 ex db2 or b2 ex db2)

right now im at 32% with one bar midscreen .

b21 ex db2 njp 44 bd2 32%
b2 ex db2 njp 44 db2 30% ( if i remember correctly)

Last edited:

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Are you talking about the Overhead and Low combo starters I have listed in the OP?
you have overhead starters but they go into whip assault. i was speaking on going

b21 ex whip trip or b2 ex whip trip -

basically an overhead-overhead-low or overhead-low 50/50
since after the first overhead they pretty much have to guess whats next .

with just using one meter mid screen im at about 30-32%

Last edited:

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
you have overhead starters but they go into whip assault. i was speaking on going

b21 ex whip trip or b2 whip trip -

basically an overhead-overhead-low or overhead-low 50/50
since after the first overhead they pretty much have to guess whats next .
plus this has slight push back and is supposedly -11 on block
Ahh gotcha.. yeah all of the combos listed are upon the expectation of contact being made on the first hit with highest damage for the starter as priority...

Regarding your Overhead starter into Whip Trip, I am hitting the same number...

With your Low starter it actually hits 31% .. I prefer to end in Whip Assault for the same 31% as to successfully hit Whip Trip after 44 you have to move forward slightly which can be tricky online...

I do like ending the 50/50 strings in Tornado Strike as it is overhead and safe... So B21 or B3 Tornado Strike etc... Then use Whip Trip to mix it up as well as a secondary option (as its not too safe) lol

Last edited:

Maevar

Shirai-Ronin
Yo, I know it's only 1% but I managed to lab it like 10mins and I've got 26% midscreen wit f122+4.
F122+4(first hit) xx ex-Tornado xx RC xx F122+4(both hits) xx bf2

I didnt try with a step, but I usually pref. to RC

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Yo, I know it's only 1% but I managed to lab it like 10mins and I've got 26% midscreen wit f122+4.
F122+4(first hit) xx ex-Tornado xx RC xx F122+4(both hits) xx bf2

I didnt try with a step, but I usually pref. to RC
Nice @Maevar! I'll try it out once I get home and make the video :)

How strict is the combo? Pretty easy to pull off consistently?

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Added the following combos:

JIP Starter - 42% 1 Bar
Overhead Starter - 38% 1 Bar
Low Starter - 36% 1 Bar
NJP Starter - 29% Meterless

Credit to @annunaki9308 for the Overhead Starter combo inputs which made these possible.

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Thanks @El_Rubio. He definitely has options depending on the situation. Do you have any example scenarios in mind so I could give you specific examples?

El_Rubio

Noob
I mean... which are his faster MID moves to punish? I´m not a LASHER player but he looks nice after the last patch.

El_Rubio

Noob
Sorry if my English is not clear enough, I´m from Uruguay. Any moves in general like strings to punish after you block. I try to use 11exBF2 NJ1 33 BF2 but I don´t know if there is any other better string to start a full combo.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Sorry if my English is not clear enough, I´m from Uruguay. Any moves in general like strings to punish after you block. I try to use 11exBF2 NJ1 33 BF2 but I don´t know if there is any other better string to start a full combo.
If you wanna use the 11 string, extend it to 112. You should be able to still use exBF2 to extend your combo. You could use the f12, 2+4 string combos that are shown or f21 string as they are fast, but not as fast as 11

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I think df1 is the best ender since it gives you time to get much needed positioning and you can run up and bait armor, run up back dash to bait a string then punish it, run up low, run up d3 grab, etc. It gives you the easiest time of setting your offense up

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
@MrProfDrPepper How plus do you think you are after df1? I use Whip trip or sometimes a kunai ender because you're like +22 and +25 (depending on what kunai) respectively. I know using df1 normally you aren't plus at all, but if you do it while they are airborne or in a juggle state I don't know how much more plus they are.

MrProfDrPepper

@MrProfDrPepper How plus do you think you are after df1? I use Whip trip or sometimes a kunai ender because you're like +22 and +25 (depending on what kunai) respectively. I know using df1 normally you aren't plus at all, but if you do it while they are airborne or in a juggle state I don't know how much more plus they are.
It depends on how early you do it, a well timed df1 gives you enough time to run up to their face and throw out a d1 and they can't do anything about it

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
ran into a pretty good lasher player on Xbl under the name Xavage Outlaw. just ran a set ft20 with some SR vs lasher and then some Ronin mirrors and he took it 20-18. his lasher is pretty on point..and even though he didnt use it much , the 50/50 game is tricky.
plus with the armor and range on this variation, mannnnnn, ppl def sleeping on this variation. its one thing to watch him played on stream but to play someone who has a good grasp on this character is a def story . i had a pocket lasher but he was pretty much but on the back burner behind SR and Ronin. i well def be in here more often..

MrProfDrPepper

ran into a pretty good lasher player on Xbl under the name Xavage Outlaw. just ran a set ft20 with some SR vs lasher and then some Ronin mirrors and he took it 20-18. his lasher is pretty on point..and even though he didnt use it much , the 50/50 game is tricky.
plus with the armor and range on this variation, mannnnnn, ppl def sleeping on this variation. its one thing to watch him played on stream but to play someone who has a good grasp on this character is a def story . i had a pocket lasher but he was pretty much but on the back burner behind SR and Ronin. i well def be in here more often..
i know people are sleeping on this variation, i have been trying to say this ever since i picked up the variation, he is a damn good variation! i love lasher it is so fun and so good, maybe not as good as SR or Ronin but he can definitely keep up with them

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Let me know when your on @aieches so we could do a few matches..