What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 16 THE RETURN OF TOM BRADY!

I'll 10-0 any Kenshi player with cyrax, no resets... If cyrax trades tele flurry with net, cyrax wins. Any EX zoning move that kenshi does is caught in a net trade. Cyrax's up close game is miles ahead of Kenshi's. People are high on this character, but as far as the Cyrax MU goes he won't win it. Cyrax on wakeup negates any zoning move Kenshi has with AA throw, do this from fullscreen and you're immediately in striking range.

Cyrax owns him from fullscreen to long range. Other than Sub i don't boast about any other Cyrax MU more than Kenshi's.
lol.... i invite you to try and 10-0 my Kenshi. You have a PSN id? or maybe at EVO we'll do it in front of everyone in a money match. i'll lay down any amount of money you want that you cannot 10-0 me with Cyrax.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
lol.... i invite you to try and 10-0 my Kenshi. You have a PSN id? or maybe at EVO we'll do it in front of everyone in a money match. i'll lay down any amount of money you want that you cannot 10-0 me with Cyrax.

if you have any money after cali takes it please take me on offer also

@Caraecrika

Somberness

Lights
Maybe I am little biased but this was a good podcast. Thanks for the kind words Tom, always interesting to hear what you have to say, even if I don't agree with all of it.

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
K7 said it in the podcast- people just don't like confidence. Look at u guys jumping down people's throats for being confident. Competitors are supposed to be confident.

Slymind

Noob
I won't go into details about others characters, but, Kitana will always be top 3 for me, she is just too powerful in any part of the screen, she, along with Kabal and Freddy must have their projectile game nerfed ASAP, otherwise get ready for the possibility of cheap brainless spamming(sorry i can't call that zoning) in the big screen at EVO.

You read it here.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I won't go into details about others characters, but, Kitana will always be top 3 for me, she is just too powerful in any part of the screen, she, along with Kabal and Freddy must have their projectile game nerfed ASAP, otherwise get ready for the possibility of cheap brainless spamming(sorry i can't call that zoning) in the big screen at EVO.

You read it here.

Sounds like a good EVO to me.

I love these podcasts man. Good Shit. But here is where I stand on the whole tier situation. "Live with your character, die with your character" Character loyalty in this game and in every other fighting game goes a hell of a lot further than an inaccurate match up chart ever could because the player's skill is always the deciding factor in any match between two players. Execution > tiers and that's the way it's always been. Look at history in past tournaments of the winners of all of the respective games that have been out in the last few years. They show that sticking with your guns is the best thing you can do regardless of the situation.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
I love these podcasts man. Good Shit. But here is where I stand on the whole tier situation. "Live with your character, die with your character" Character loyalty in this game and in every other fighting game goes a hell of a lot further than an inaccurate match up chart ever could because the player's skill is always the deciding factor in any match between two players. Execution > tiers and that's the way it's always been. Look at history in past tournaments of the winners of all of the respective games that have been out in the last few years. They show that sticking with your guns is the best thing you can do regardless of the situation.
Unless you're using a bottom tier char like Sub which goes 4-6 or 4.5-6.5 with a lot of the top tier characters that are most frequently used in tournaments. Then you're simply at a disadvantage.

Spletty

Grandmaster
The one thing ill say about this is that the game is extremely balanced imo. Tom consistantly made top 8 with arguably one of the worst characters in the game. Quan is considered low tier and I think he has much more potential that people give him credit for. In my experience I've had the hardest time against jade and baraka, possibly since im unfamiliar with the matchup, and they're considered bottom characters. I think anyone can beat anyone at anytime. It has mostly to do with skill and matchup experience.

Except sheeva. She just blows rod.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Great show guys. Few thoughts: Tom really doesn't like the random Slips vs 16bit arguments. I was guessing either Raiden or Kenshi for his new character. Excited to see what he does with the thunder god. As a Sub-Zero player trying to pick up a new main I totally see where he is coming from on switching.

Slips Osu 16 Bit there is a TMNT arcade game at GGA. I think we need to see this bet settled. Maybe 16bit will get his name on the top of the machine!