What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 16 THE RETURN OF TOM BRADY!

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Tom Brady returns to the podcast for the long awaited confrontation with 16 Bit. You will hear his thoughts on the infamous SCR callout. We also ask him about Sub Zero and what his last straw was with the character. Tom also gives us his entire tier list from top to bottom in detail. Plus reveals his new main just days before WB. Our biggest podcast to date. Also a special announcement from K7!

Mp3 Version: http://www.sendspace.com/file/dollh9

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kombattomb
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kombattomb

---------------------------------------------------------------

IM GOING TO FINAL ROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huge thanks to: Pig of the Hut, ForeverKing, Storms and TYM, Revolver, All of my Gamefaqs boys (and girls), Justice League 4 Life, Every guest who has appeared on this show, All my fellow stream monsters, The STB guys and their online tourneys, MKU, MortalKombatOnline, TMK, NRS for making my fave game of all time, everyone who has listened to our show, the words uh and um, My father for helping me afford this and always being there for me.

And last but not least: Slips and 16 Bit for being awesome to talk to and helping me make this podcast.

Attachments

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
haha, Tom is my hero, amazing podcast !! I love Tom's analysis on this game, people should respect this dude, he is incredible cool and knows how to deliver a very good and technical comment about MK9 gameplay ..... :D

Hope Tom to be invited to do others podcast episodes in future :D

Tom is already a truly MK9 legend, in my book !! :cool:

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
According to Tom, the only followup to an unblocked 21 is another 2? I thought Tom knew Sub-Zero's combos.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
turtles arcade without dieing no way, that game you die repeatedly. If you play for eternity maybe you could get through only dieing 10 or so times. and battletoads is even worse. Invisibility. Zombies. Han Solo.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
I agree, raiden is the best character but i have to disagree with some of the mentions. Kenshi shouldn't be so high up the list, overrated character plain and simple. Freddy should be higher than kenshi imo, Freddy's zoning is the only zoning besides Kabal's and Kitana's that i simply find it disgustingly hard to get out of.

As good as smoke is, and i believe he's top tier, i wouldn't take him at no. 3. You get a life lead on this character, all you have to do is sit there and hold block, you never have to block low against that character so it's one less worry to have. He has some tremendous tools and he's a rare character which you can't zone (unless you're using sektor) or stiffle him with pressure but still, i don't see him as no.3 imo. I think mileena jax and kitana are better but just slightly.

Not gonna comment on cyrax since i change my opinion on his position in the list every damn day. Some days i say he's the best character some days i say he's the worst.

Overall this is probably the best tier list to date. I would swap out some character for others but still very very accurate.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Tom is VERY right about the frame data really opening up MK9. Because there are too many characters getting away with stuff they shouldn't, simply cuz of lack of frame data knowledge.

MK9 = frame data or GTFO.

B W1zZ

Noob
Tom Brady: my matchup chart was made shortly after the patch/devastation and the sonya description was based off of my experience with morty at that time. Nowdays I consider the matchup 5-5.