What's new

Kombat Kast Rekap 3.27.15 Erron Black, Liu Kang and Shinnok Breakdowns, Kast Guests and More!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Stream archive: http://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm/b/642283380?t=2m19s

In this Kombat Kast NetherRealm Studios will be going over three different characters and possible new fatalities. Shortly after the stream started Tyler and Derek mentioned that if you sign up for WB Play you will be able to get an alternate Raiden skin DAY 1 and this skin may also only be available through WB Play.

raidenskin.png

Guests of the audio team including Rich Carle and Dan Forden discuss the uniqueness of the sound in Mortal Kombat X. From projectiles traveling on the screen to how the music changes as players go into the third round, etc. They discuss the fact that they use TONS of fruit and vegetables for making the gruesome sounds on Mortal Kombat X.

Next, Paulo and John Edwards showcase
Erron Black
Variations include:
Marksman - uses his rifle, can do a sniper shot that you can cancel out of, he also has a pop-up with his rifle
Outlaw - uses broken off Tarkatan warriors arm that is turned into a sword, can also throw sand in to opponents eyes. With Outlaw, Erron Black CAN IMPALE his opponent. If you do this though, you lose the ability to use the sword for a certain amount of time but your opponent continues to lose life (similar to MKDA when you impaled your opponent)
Gunslinger - has Gunslinger stance that gives bhim access to extra specials, also has "coin toss" special where he can throw a coin in to the air and shoot at it and the bullet will ricochet and hit the oppoent

Specials include:
Rolling glass globe grenade ( can also be used as an anti-air)
Slide, which can be enhanced to fire his guns
Grab tackle and fires shots at face
Throws spikes on ground that can stop opponents from running

LIU KANG: Variations
Dragon's Fire - charge fireballs, enhance ground fireball
Flame Fist - rapid punch, set his fists on fire to increase damage
Dualist - light and dark stances. He can throw and control light and dark fire balls

dualist.png

Specials
Bicycle kick

Shinnok Variations:
Impostor - steal specials from your opponent
Bone Shaper - summon (bone) weapons, uses amulet to fire projectile
Necromancer - uses bones to attack opponent (see below)
shinnokbones.png

Specials:
Amulet blast
Triple ground blast
Shoulder rush

Practice mode details sneak peak:

Below is a sneak peak at Practice Mode options
pracpeak.png

Sneak peak at how you can add INTERACTABLES in to the practice mode, see Blanch!
pracinter.png

Watch the stream here: http://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm *stream currently OFFLINE*

Last edited:
Hidden variation select in game. He just accidentally did it on liu's variation select.

Edit-
Various thoughts,

Liu: Surprisingly boring given I thought they might have done something with him. Still better than old liu, but that's not hard. The evil orb's seem fun.

Erron- Interesting. Maybe not quite as hype as i'd hoped, but should be fun. Certainly a zoner in most of his styles (probably all of them, just with better up close tools). Caltrops is interesting given that it shows they're really exploring design space.

Shinnok- Probably the most interesting reveal. THEY MISSED A SPECIAL MOVE (looks like a cyrax air teleport from the movelist, but who the fuck knows). Imposter is pretty damn interesting, although it really depends on what he steals. The rest...hard to tell. For all the liu kang combo's we got they sure as shit half assed shinnok, sorta disappointing (and no fatality ). Still i'm really interested given the shang skulls move. Wish they'd shown his normals.

Training mode- hype. These get better and better and it makes learning so much less tedious, which is important. Being able to quickly recreate setups is huge.

Last edited:

Monox1de

Noob
I assume shinnok will be shown next. i was hoping to see some Goro. Also i'm pretty sure that fire fist bicycle punches will be the new trident rush, maybe not so overpowered. HYPE

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
I'm pretty sure Shinnok's bone staff uses Aquaman's sounds? That's just lazy.
Liu looks more fun than I thought he might be..

Shinnok looks so underpowered. Definitely a let down. The only interesting thing I found about him was his steal-special-move move (and that's a watered down version of Shang in MK9) and his pimpslap xray. :(

Erron and Liu Kang look very fun, though.