What's new

Kombat Kast: JASON LIVES f/ Ed Boon 5/4/2015

Tim Static

Adminerator
Today was the latest Kombat Kast, and it featured the first of the DLC characters from the Kombat Pack that is being released, Jason Voorhees. Of course, they're was usual shenanigans with Tyler, Derek, Jen, Blanche & more, including Ed Boon. So check out the KK video below, and if you want a quick look at what took place, click on the spoilers. Enjoy.

Confirmed this Kast:

Patch coming to Consoles soon: Allows you to decline ranked matches below green ping bar with no effect on your record & reduces loading times for online features.

Patch for PC tomorrow that "brings parity to PC and Console versions".

NRS putting money into and sponsoring CEO and Combo Breaker pot with $10,000 each and "that's just the start". More planned for future tournaments.

AND

Android mobile game rolling out today and tomorrow.

AAANNNDDDD

PREDATOR TEASER

Remember, tomorrow Jason Voorhee's is released to Kombat Pack owners only, then released for individual sale on May 12th. Also available tomorrow for EVERYONE is the Horror Pack Skins, featuring skins for Mileena, Ermac & Reptile.

JasonLives_KK.png

Attachments

Topkek

Right behind you
Are the Kombat Kasts able to be viewed in Past Broadcasts? Probably going to be missing the stream today, but I really wanna watch it when I get home.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Enough of the "hashtag someoverhypedbullshithere" plz.

I need to start brining a bottle of ipecac to work for situations like this so i can violently vomit on my keyboard and go home to watch MKX streams

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
Confirmed this Kast:

Patch coming to Consoles soon:
Allows you to decline ranked matches below green ping bar with no effect on your record.
Reduce loading times for online features.

Netherrealm putting money into and sponsoring CEO and Combo Breaker pot with $10,000 each and "that's just the start". More planned for future tournaments.

and

PREDATOR TEASER

Neat.

Last edited:

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Confirmed this Kast:

Patch coming to Consoles soon:
Allows you to decline ranked matches below green ping bar with no effect on your record.
Reduce loading times for online features.

Netherrealm putting money into and sponsoring CEO and Combo Breaker pot with $10,000 each and "that's just the start". More planned for future tournaments.

and

PREDATOR TEASER

Neat.
I hope that happens. I can't even really say I practice the actual game with how bad it runs on PC right now...

ArcticTabasco

I wish I knew Kung Fu.
Didn't get time to watch it live. Was there any info on character nerfing, buffs and the fixes for Ermac and Kitana?
Nothing like that.

There might have been a sly thing about Kung Jin. Tyler played 16bit's Kung Jin and commented on blocking Jin's kombo strings, something like "once you learn the strings it's not that bad" or something. But they didn't directly talk about character balance in any way.

I don't like Jason's teleporting machete that magically appears in his hands during his X-ray or after throwing it, but other than that I am completely sold on this character. If Derek's salt is anything to go by then this should be a really fun character.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
From all I saw of the Jason stream/the talks of High Voltage and the PC patch, I heard absolutely no mention or update about the still-supposedly-on-deck PS3/360 releases.
I don't want to tirade or banter, I'm just curious if anyone can confirm/deconfirm if they're coming/delayed/dead, because if it isn't happening and saving for the upgrade is the only way I'm getting in, I'd really rather know now so I can let my hopes down and move on.