What's new

Kitana Prime wins Versus Kombat Series #3!

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
With another 25+ entries for an upstart weekly, the third entry into the saga of a South Florida spotlight comes to an end with a certain, often talked about, royally elegant princess reigning over the competition! After being reset in Grand Finals for the second week in a row, Kitana Prime is able to clutch in out in a heart-wrenching, down to wire 3-2 set over Grimtg's Johnny Cage who pulled so hype clutch victories while displaying great spacing and patience, dealing with a massive fan barrage and somehow maintaing composure. Links to the action below!

Results:

1st - @Kitana Prime (Kitana - Royal Storm)
2nd - grimtg (Johnny Cage - Stunt Double / D'Vorah - Swarm Queen)
3rd - @oNe87_VenDeTTa (Kung Jin - Bojustu/Ancestral)
4th - RM Mojito {formerly known as RM Gamer} (Liu Kang - Dragon's Fire)
5th - @deg222 (D'Vorah - Swarm Queen)
5th - Obamanatti (Jax - Pumped Up)
7th - ayyyyylmao (Liu Kang - Dragon's Fire)
7th - omargoma (Sonya Blade - Covert Ops)

Archive + Highlights (if a mod knows how to link to the exact time on the archives PLEASE do):

http://www.twitch.tv/vsgc/v/4518923

"Just solid play"
RM Mojito vs Wade - 55:20

"I would definitely do a fatal"
oNe87_Vendetta (Frustrated King Jin) vs IRLnoxious (Online Style Jacqui) - 1:05:33

"Fishing for an XRay"
RM Mojito vs Deg - 1:23:15

lol-worthy BONUS - "Are we playing MK2 or XBL Ranked?"
fijidan vs Kirk - craziness starts at 2:06:00

Kitana Prime vs Deg (Winners Semis) - 2:58:35
oNe87_Vendetta vs grimtg (Losers Finals) - 3:39:10
Kitana Prime vs grimtg (Grand Finals) - 3:55:00

A few things about our weekly:

- We try to get everyone stream time here or there
- We play up through winners Top 8 and then run through losers
- We're still getting used to PS4 syncing issues, apologies to Krazy Dave and Latino Flava this week.
- Obamanatti's face is cut from the player camera ON PURPOSE for obvious reasons lol
- Every week, we have a random award which goes to whatever glaring obvious achievement

WEEK 3 AWARD (The Level Up Award)

GOES TO @deg222 , going from a free-ish (Kappa) YOLO Scorpion to godlike spacing and annoying D'Vorah.<333333 (btw, @AoK Ryan we'll need some artwork for this award)

Thanks to @SomeCubanGuy and @BudL0 for holding down the fort and helping to make sure everything happens the way it's supposed to. Thanks to the new faces and returning for coming out. Thanks for watching, see you next week!

KingRey

Noob
Once I finish with school I will try to come down to this at least once a month. Five hour drive seems worth it.