What's new

Video/Tutorial - Kenshi Kenshi Patch Change Overview Video by PND Ketchup

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Step inside the Ketchup bottle for a few minutes to here about some of the changes that have been made with Kenshi. These changes came from the new "hot fix" that was released today correlating with the playable debut of classic Mortal Kombat 4 character, Tanya. PND Ketchup talks about the nerf, but then goes into the positive changes - and thankfully, for the Kenshi players (especially @Pig Of The Hut ) there are more buffs than nerfs.

Check out the breakdown video below!

Enjoy!
edited/promoted by STORMS*

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Bryck Walle

Counting the Days for the JCVD Johnny Costume!
There's one thing you didn't show with Kenjutsu. His Blade Dance (DB1) in Kenjutsu. It used to be an extremely tight string to combo after and is now made more lenient with this hot-fix.

i got up at 7 this morning and there still was nothing for psn. when the hell are we getting the update and tonya??

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
All of that day 1 Kenjutsu experience will finally pay off I guess, haven't touched this character in ages glad to see they upped his damage potential.

db1 is more lenient for combos so that's better than impossible. Looks to be as tight as Goro's f4, d1 in the corner, i'd be even happier if it were Johnny's f2,4, d1 levels of easy.

Lokheit

Noob
For me the biggest change for Kenjutsu that went unmentioned in the video is DB1 being easier to combo after. Kenjutsu literally couldn't initiate anything resembling a combo before without wasting a bar unless you could consistently connect on 1 frame windows.

Lokheit

Noob
@Lokheit it's not that much better now. :/ DB1~111 connects and DB1~D1 connects but the windows are still garbage 9/10.
Well I'm on PC so I can't go to the lab with him yet (maybe in a couple of months lol), the notes sounded like the problem was adressed.

Is the D1 at least easier to connect now? DB1->D1->B31->Teletoss could bea good meterless combo if D1 is indeed connecting easier than before.

Well the patch notes left it pretty ambiguous as to what was actually improved regarding DB1. Just a mention that it was easier to juggle. If D1 feels easier to land, I'd say it's placebo. DB1~111 now connects as they gave it a better start frame, but that is also a pretty bleak connection.

TLDR; It feels pretty much the same, with a different option to now choose from, which also sucks.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
So ridiculous... but sure, Kenshi gets a buff... yay...

Good job on the tutorial though and breakdown of changes though. Compliments to the condiments as usual.

Connecting d+1 after d/b+1 is much easier than before, although it's paltry damage. You'd want to try to connect 111 but that's as difficult as connecting d+1 pre-patch. Not sure how viable that is in a tournament match.

Define much easier? I'm still not convinced someone could land it even 5/10 times consistently, whether that is online with lag (in which case you stand no chance) or in a tournament setting where the pressure is apparent. Of course that is just my opinion but I still don't feel Kenjutsu meterless combos have really been improved that much.