What's new

Kenshi OTGs

the kenshi resets.

f22b1 and f31

i noticed when i do JiP f22b1 then i go for another f22b1 RIGHT before they hit the ground it hits them standing and resets the combo and the opponent cannot wake up or do anything except get hit. after the second f22b1 hits i do another 'otg' 'reset' with f32 into rising karma f32~spirit charge. Ive tested this with a buddy and he couldnt do anything except get hit.

the total damage is 56% no meter

i cant find any info on these in the kenshi forums

so i need you guys to tell me how to maximize/exploit this tactic or if it is one of those wierd things where the player has to block during the combo for it not to work.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
... The "Reset":
In any combo anywhere on screen involving :r:fk:bp, you can delay it slightly and use it to hit your opponent OTG. It is 100% blockable, but if they don't block, they take the hit and the combo starts again. See: :r:bp:bp:l:fp - dash - :r:fk:bp~:d:l:fp - dash - (delayed) :r:fk. If they don't block the second :r:fk, they are in a brand new combo and you simply continue from there. If they do block the delayed :r:fk, then you stop. Example: :r:bp:bp:l:fp - dash - :r:bp:bp:l:fp - dash - (blocked) :r:fk, (blocked) :r:bp:bp:l:bp.
This has been in the living guide (to which you are a contributor) since I wrote it.

Have your friend block low next time.

I don't think the :r:bp:bp:l:bp is guaranteed after a blocked :r:fk. Certain characters are likely to be able to interrupt it, and you might be able to jump out of it. But :r:fk can be canceled with :l:r:bp so you can check a jump attempt.

I hope someone is still monitoring this thread. This is regarding the blockable OTG "Resets". I believe NRS removed them from Kenshi. I was able to do them easily before the patch. Now with the new patch ( I think we're at version 1.05, released September 29th on PSN) I'm unable to do any of Kenshi's OTG resets. I'm hoping to confirm if anybody is running into this problem. Can someone confirm this?

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Yes...which is really sad!
like seriously....cyrax and they werent aware of the net lock down? REALLY? it was their before the patch as well :S......smoke, and his reset is still their! not removed

but kenshi's removed? ..... :S
to be honest i used his corner otg A LOT! because it made him a tad stronger with mixups and offense!.....now it's simply gone :s

i dont know what they are thinking :S....they should've fixed his hit box, were Kenshi cant cr+1 from cross overs like easily like other chars....and hit cr+4 hurtbox is so HIGH! so the only doable way to escape cross up is cr+3...and the timing is VERY strict (like 2 frames depending on the landed punch)

so that's BS , kenhsi simply didnt improve. instead they removed his OTG (which was eaisly escapable) THOUGH a good tool for him :S......and also, the FUCKIN reflect bug is still in the game! like wtf :S

....fuckin NRS. will post some new kenshi tech in the coming vid soon, as WELL with the reflect bug :S...bs i swear