What's new

Join the Kollective at mkkollective.com!

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Members of TYM, do you have the itch to be "kreative?" Do you have this wild imagination that fights to tear free from your mind and color the world? Well, thanks to the generosity of the staff team from Netherrealm Studios, there now exists a website where you can share your amazing creations with the Mortal Kombat community, including NRS themselves! Whether your specialty lies in drawings, paintings, digital art, music videos, animated GIFs, etc...artists of all varieties are invited to come forward and populate this new domain with the products of their creation.

Join The Kollective.png
As revealed in the above image, the new website is http://mkkollective.com/.

We have reached out to NRS with some queries regarding how this website will be run and updated as necessary. Check out the quote box below for their answers.

TYM: 1. How will this be updated, meaning, is it strictly going to be similar to a Deviantart where artists submit their work or will certain entries be highlighted, recognized?

NRS: Everything that is submitted is reviewed by a team here at NetherRealm and we are planning to highlight art that really impresses the team.

TYM: 2. Will any of this art be considered for the studio or is it simply and strictly for the community to use?

NRS: This project is for the community. Think of it as a communal art gallery where all of the fans can post their work for all to see. The great thing with The Kollective is that unlike a typical art gallery, fans can submit music, videos or anything artistic that revolves around Mortal Kombat
This is yet another exciting twist that promises great things for the future of our community and the new upcoming title, Mortal Kombat X. As fans of the franchise, you now have another way to demonstrate your love and support for the works of NRS! So no need to delay any longer - send in those art designs now!

E

Eldriken

Dude I'm so excited about this. I can't wait to post stuff on that site and hopefully NRS sees mah skillzzz
You would shit yourself if they offered you a job after seeing some of your work, wouldn't you?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Dude I'm so excited about this. I can't wait to post stuff on that site and hopefully NRS sees mah skillzzz

Same here, I want to impress them with my sculpting and maybe painting! Since most fans draw, my medium of preference is the other end ;)

As far as working for them, me too but as one of the 4 or all. Comic book MK canon story writer, voice actor or tester and conceptual artist(creating new characters etc) But I'd really love do one of the first two. I'm sure anyone there can pitch fatality, new character ideas but my main dream would be voice acting and writing an official MK comic for them.

But yeah on this news, badass so going to use it! This is why I love NRS, they think about their fans more than anyone else IMO.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Same here, I want to impress them with my sculpting and maybe painting! Since most fans draw, my medium of preference is the other end ;)

As far as working for them, me too but as one of the 4 or all. Comic book MK canon story writer, voice actor or tester and conceptual artist(creating new characters etc) But I'd really love do one of the first two. I'm sure anyone there can pitch fatality, new character ideas but my main dream would be voice acting and writing an official MK comic for them.

But yeah on this news, badass so going to use it! This is why I love NRS, they think about their fans more than anyone else IMO.
Forreal man, you should do some voice acting...

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Forreal man, you should do some voice acting...
Thanks man! I have on youtube or for people on youtube, swoozie and this girl who does "the sims" videos(I can im you the links to the videos if you want) I don't know what you've seen or haven't.. But yeah, my dream would be to do it for NRS or WB cartoon something like that, DC comics or something. And of course work on an MK comic.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
So Ed Boon made a Kommunity website because he has finally had enough of people sending him pictures of their tattooed bums on twitter