What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui Briggs' Frame Data

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Nice, just so you know though, some of the frame data is probably going to be inaccurate. Like I know her d3 is definitely not +4, at least right now.

lslick

Nice, just so you know though, some of the frame data is probably going to be inaccurate. Like I know her d3 is definitely not +4, at least right now.
That's fine...When more people play the game, and we have more time with it, I'll adjust the frame data to match what people find....That way we have a reliable source of info for this character :D

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
We have raw data but we don't have any impressions or details about these strings.

So, may as well start here :

1 - Quick Jab (High)
Start : 6 - Active : 2 - Recover : 10 - Neutral on block, +11 on hit, cancels at 16

Doesn't advance beyond the standard jab advance/retreat that was present in MK9 and I:GAU. Decent reach, but high-hitting makes it duckable.

b1 - Light Kut (Mid)
Start : 15 - Active : 3 - Recover : 23 - Neutral on block, +13 on hit, cancels at 26

Advances and hits mid. Decent enough normal in my book. Unlike what it looks like, it's a pretty bad anti-air. It got wrecked by everything and traded with dj2.

f1 - Sledge Fist (Mid)
Start : 14 - Active : 4 - Recover : 14 - Neutral on Block, +18 on hit, cancels at 24

Just straight up better than b1 - It advances further, hits for more damage and the in-game frame data, as erroneous as it can be, is vastly superior to b1 in every single possible way. Unless you want to do b1,2 or b1,3,2 you should be sticking with this from the data alone but it's really the advancing that makes it decent.

d1 - Low Metal (Mid)
Start : 7 - Active : 2 - Recover : 16 - -6 on Block, +13 on hit, cancels at 17

I'm not much of a MK head, but I read these stats and I immediately want to toss this in the trash. Tested it myself, and AI jumps before Jacqui when the settings are set to always block and jump. So it's at least minus, and the spread is around boot size, so it's significant. It's not even safe when I think about Goro's d3. So yeah. Save yourself the trouble and press any other button.

2 - Spec Hook (High)
Start : 12 - Active : 2 - Recover : 17 - Neutral on Block, +20 on hit, cancels at 18

There's a bit of a phantom hitbox that grants it a bit more range, but that's a string starter, not something you want to play footsies with. If you want to toss a 2 in footsies, you would be better off with 1 in all situations.

b2 - Downward Hammer (Overhead)
Start : 16 - Active : 3 - Recover : 34 - -4 on block, +33 on hit, Cancels at 33

This button's name should be changed to "Why You Are Playing Jacqui In The First Place" - 16 frame overhead that advances pretty far (hits at starting position), can VISUALLY HITCONFIRM THE CANCEL INTO bf2, causes a ground bounce on hit and is safe on block. Also, this is the move you can kara with f3 and f4. Dis button is good y'all.

f2 - Turnaround Punch (Mid)
Start : 16 - Active : 4 - Recover : 25 - Neutral on Block, +10 on Hit, Cancels at 25

I honestly like this button but only to confirm combos. I'm a weird person who is bad at games. It advances, though not as far as her f1 or b2 and has some usefulness with the string, but as a standalone button it's not very good.

d2 - Rising Steel (High)
Start : 11 - Active : 4 - Recover : 40 - -17 on block, +26 on hit, can't cancel it.

ZE UPPERCUT. I don't personally like the distance and there's better uppercuts in the game. But obviously it's an anti-air, it does the job kinda... but honestly you may as well just jab jumpins.

3 - Side Boot (High)
Start : 13 - Active : 2 - Recover : 21 - -3 on block, +8 on hit, cancels at 23.

Purely leads into damage. Don't footsie with this. Even if it's safe - it's duckable and full combo punished if that happens. If they block high it's fine.

b3 - Steel Toe (Low)
Start : 15 - Active : 2 - Recover : 21 - -1 on block, +6 on hit, cancels at 24.

Much better. Hits low, not exactly a far reaching normal but it hits low from standing, is safe on block, can be cancelled and leads to a double low if you want to confirm.

f3 - Roundhouse (Mid)
Start : 23 - Active : 3 - Recover : 30 - -4 on block, +45 on hit, cannot be canceled... EXCEPT BY b2 and b4 while Jacqui is running!

Yeah - for those of you familiar with SF4 Sagat's f.LK and f.HK kara cancels - this works somewhat similar to that. If you input the move as she's moving (in this case either of b2 or b4) she will instead perform that move, allowing for either a far reaching overhead or a far reaching low, both of which can be cancelled as opposed to this move. They're also safe on block. This run will cover around half screen for the overhead and the low. Overhead is the same as the Downward Hammer notation, and the frame data for the low is as follows :

b4 while performing Roundhouse or Hop Kick (Low)
Start :1 - Active : 2 - Recover : 21 - -1 on block, +24

d3 - Low Heel (Low)
Start : 7 - Active : 2 - Recover : 8 - +4 on block, +18 on Hit, cancels at 14

7f startup isn't good for a d3, but the rest is solid - +4 on block will stuff anything that they want to toss out, even a 5f normal and the distance is... decent.

4 - Fast Knee (Mid)
Start : 10 - Active : 2 - Recover : 29 - -12 on block, -1 on hit, cancels at 17.

The only good thing it does is cancelling at 17. Too bad there's dick all you'd want to cancel into. It's stationary, it doesn't anti-air, it does nothing. Her most useless normal is what I'd say. It doesn't even have a string!

b4 - Helicopter (Low)
Start : 16 - Active : 2 - Recover : 27 - -9 on block, +22 on hit, cannot be cancelled.

Your sweep. No idea if this is good or not. Doesn't hit very far though.

f4 - Hop Kick (Mid)
Start : 32 - Active : 3 - Recover : 15 - Neutral on Block, +47 on hit, cannot be cancelled.

If you thought the roundhouse was good, Hop Kick is better. It activates longer because the run takes longer to activate, but beyond that it's a great gap closer as unless the opponent knows how to react to it (which it still can be reacted to), it's a running 50/50 that doesn't cost stamina and if you really want to troll, you can go mid and still be neutral. The run covers 2/3 screen.

d4 - Deep Sweep (Low)
Start : 10 - Active : 1 - Recover : 21 - -3 on block, +20 on hit, cancels at 17.

1 active frame? Fuck outta here with that shit. Distance is just outside of starting position which is decent, but maybe not for a d4? Again, I'm kinda new at MK stuffs.

I'll yell about jumping normals later, time for sleep.

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
Mostly good except...S4 is DEFINITELY a vital move for Jacqui. It's her fastest mid by 3 frames which means if you think they will duck and poke, it's usually your ideal option over D3.

It also acts as her most reliable corner combo ended into BF4, and from run combos where possible.

It forces stand on block jailing for high SG or quick blast. It's pretty ass stats wise, but when you look at her other tools, it fills an important gap.

Mortal Komhat

Mostly good except...S4 is DEFINITELY a vital move for Jacqui. It's her fastest mid by 3 frames which means if you think they will duck and poke, it's usually your ideal option over D3.

It also acts as her most reliable corner combo ended into BF4, and from run combos where possible.
I thought about combos specifically because usually that's when I'd want to sneak a 4 in since that tends to be highest damage to scaling ratio since it's only 1 hit for 5% unscaled (and typically you'll get 2 hits for that kind of damage if you go for a string, thus scaling more) and hers is cancellable at 17.

The problem in footsies is that if they block it they can punish it super hard. -12 is enough for them to get a string into launcher for those who have EX special launchers... and Cassie who just straight up doesn't give a fuck and has a 5f string that launches. From my understanding of the game's mechanics it can be punished by any normal active at 10 and any special active at 11. Goro can punish with command grab, for example.

Yeah I was getting mad sleepy so I didn't check what forced stand. My apologies. It's probably a better button than I make it sound but I sincerely feel it's too risky to toss in footsies.

I'm still shocked by being able to hit confirm out of overhead.

Last edited:

Mortal Komhat

Yep, tested that out myself. Terribly unsafe. frame data y u lie 2 me?

Also, will probably revise the data as soon as I got the patch downloaded. Apparently it fixed a few bits of the frame data being erroneous. It'll be interesting as I might have just glossed over this data for some of my assessments.

Here's some odds and ends :

Using Cassie's flip kick reversal as a base, forcing them to block may be advantageous with d3 and 4 considering Forces Rush. It's not a true block string, so they can reversal out of it and Forces Rush will beat it. If you're in HT, the df2 will also beat it out of a cancel and is much safer than Forces Rush.

Roundhouse pushes Cassie out of the reach of the flip kick both in corner and midscreen. You can buffer a dash and full combo punish in that case. Likely the case with other horizontally-challenged reversals, too but someone'd have to test that out (I'm not home, so can't do it until a bit later.)

lslick

These are eyeball changes I made based off picking two Jacqui and setting the dummy to jump with block always on:
D3 changed to -1 - -4 since it seems the dummy was able to hit the apex of their jump before me
Kara B4 changed to -5 to fit the findings of what @Ayane found

Any other changes need to be made?

WE need some accurate frame data on th High Tech DF2!!

All im sure about thus far is the longer you charge it the more frame advantage you will have.

From the 2nd sound cue (the high pitch sound) you can get out a D4 out vs reptiles slippery slide which is 5 frames and the D4 is 12 frame which makes it at the very least +7 frame probably more maybe around +9.

After a f12 into a df2 run cancel 4 you get a block string i think to so there is some great pressure using these tools. (I gotta check this one over though, not sure if I tested t properly.)

It forces stand on block jailing for high SG or quick blast. It's pretty ass stats wise, but when you look at her other tools, it fills an important gap.
What normal are you referring to when you say S4?

Kilz88

Noob
Hey, has anyone messed with the new "Stanky Leg"? Game says it has 3 frame start-up and +2 on block. I assume it is inaccurate?

huh

Noob
3 after the 11 from s4, so 14.
Are you sure?

When they put the startup of a string, it usually refers to the total frames from the start of the string up to the last hit.
So, stating 3 as startup is not like what NRS usually does. It would be the only case in the whole game data..

Besides that, 4u4 is treated as a normal, single move (it appears on the normals list) and doesn't feel like 14 frames at all.. it is faster than her standing 1...

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Are you sure?

When they put the startup of a string, it usually refers to the total frames from the start of the string up to the last hit.
So, stating 3 as startup is not like what NRS usually does. It would be the only case in the whole game data..

Besides that, 4u4 is treated as a normal, single move (it appears on the normals list) and doesn't feel like 14 frames at all.. it is faster than her standing 1...
Absolutely positive.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Are you sure?

It's deceptive, I'll test further but I'm sure it's not 3 frames. I wasn't able to punish shinnock's overhead which is -11 (really -10 when punishing with a normal). So I think it would be at least 11 frames startup.

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
Hmmm...just done some testing.

It punishes moves that are listed as -12 (same as 4) and it's safe on block (possibly even + frames).

Despite the appearance it has a low hit box that extends further in every direction to S4 and does better damage...It's not cancelable. I'm totally fkin baffled right now. As @Bolton has suggested, it has a legitimate use as an anti-air - though at no range will it beat a good jump in normal (e.g. Sub Zero JI2).
Things may have changed, but I test this move thoroughly when it was first found - I'm pretty sure it's 12 frames out +2 - pretty useful if we could fkin do it...

huh

Noob
Thx guys. If anyone comes up with any other info regarding the correct startup frames of 4u4, please let us know.