What's new

It's Loney At the Bottom 4: I LAB A DREAM - SoCal IGAU Tournament Results

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™

Another tournament has passed for the warriors of Southern California, and another champion has emerged.

Ironically SoCal decided to celebrate MLK day by practicing Injustice this year, and some beautiful Injustice it was. Last week's champion oNe87_DJA Homies was there to defend his title, but would a last minute entry by past champion MF Slayer ruin his plans? We also had the return of EGP Red Reaper after a loooong hiatus, and two players who were attending offline events for the first time ever!

Highlights
  • EVERY tournament match was streamed
  • For the first time ever we had dual commentary (although one of the mics sucked)
  • DP13 , a strong Sinestro and Scorpion player attended ILAB 4 as his first offline event!
  • CESDRAGON, who plays Aquaman and Scorpion also went offline for the first time!
  • @LEGEND offers the Green Arrow Challenge: Any player to make it to Grand Finals using only Green Arrow wins 50$
  • Krayzie gets his strongest placement to date
  • Someone ragequits a match. Who could it be? (It's me)

Results
1. @MF SLAYER (Superman, Aquaman)
2. EGP @Krayzie (Catwoman, Martian Manhunter)
3. oNe87 @Dja_Homies (Nightwing)
4. @Airvidal (Ares)
5. @GuamoKun (Zatanna, Raven)
5. EGP @Red Reaper (Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow)
7. CESDRAGON (Aquaman, Scorpion)
7. @Awesomo (Superman, The Flash, Shazam)
9. @dps813 (Scorpion, Sinestro)
9. Zerayy (Disqualified and still placed better than me)
9. EGPWonderChef (Green Arrow)

You can find the full bracket at: http://www.challonge.com/ilab4

Youtube Playlist

(as usual you can find all of the matches from our past tournaments at my youtube http://www.youtube.com/wh4t1t1s )

Winner's Finals

Loser's Finals

Grand Finals

The next tournament will be streamed on Airvidal's channel at http://www.twitch.tv/airvidal

We aren't 100% sure on when that will be, but we are looking at February 7th, so look forward to then!

If you are in the SoCal area and interested in attending one of these awesome events, post here or PM me, and we can try to help find you a ride or whatever. We have tons of people totally new to offline coming every week. Now is a GREAT time to start if you've never been! (Also there's pizza. I know you want to go now.)

Last edited by a moderator:

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
man
Interactibles killed my dream.

Krayzie played extremely well shout out to him and Vggs to eveeryone.
You should have beat Krazie. If I may offer any advice on this mu without sounding like a douche I'd like to.

after a tele whiffs due to flying grayson you can get a standing 2 into b3 combo. Its an easy convert and grants big damage.

Overall you did too many FG (coming from me that sounds crazy but its true). You can sit back and zone him pretty easy because you have one of the best post tele metas in the entire game...Standing 1 staff spin. This your best possible option. If breaks armor on b3 for a hard KD and on block you get a 50/50 with mb version. Its so effective.

On KD you get to check him for free with ground pound. You were doing it a split second too early allowing his invincibility frames to get him out. If you delay GP a little more you get a combo every time instead of the other way around.

Shout outs to you guys. I love watching these videos post tourney. Great games to all.

EGP Wonder_Chef

man

You should have beat Krazie. If I may offer any advice on this mu without sounding like a douche I'd like to.

after a tele whiffs due to flying grayson you can get a standing 2 into b3 combo. Its an easy convert and grants big damage.

Overall you did too many FG (coming from me that sounds crazy but its true). You can sit back and zone him pretty easy because you have one of the best post tele metas in the entire game...Standing 1 staff spin. This your best possible option. If breaks armor on b3 for a hard KD and on block you get a 50/50 with mb version. Its so effective.

On KD you get to check him for free with ground pound. You were doing it a split second too early allowing his invincibility frames to get him out. If you delay GP a little more you get a combo every time instead of the other way around.

Shout outs to you guys. I love watching these videos post tourney. Great games to all.
A lot of the stuff that I think killed DJA was stuff that was working really well in their first set, but Krayzie changed up really well the second set.

Like one example is Krayzie was backdashing after almost every OH Teleport in the first set, so DJA's FGs were destroying him, but Krayzie changed it up and won 2 matches, then DJA adapted well and won 2 back, but the last map was definitely unfortunate, that's probably MMH's best stage...

Dja_Homies

Kaz...... I'm already a Fiddle.
man

Its cool dude like chef mentioned most of my damage came from flying graysons on reads. He also backdashed after oh teleport so. I was used to it. Tbh i get really frustrated by power maps and i play way more shitty and desperate because of free interactibles. I kind of accept that im going to lose in power maps lol. I need to take care of that becaue im already in a losing mood. That thing krayzie hit me was unknown to me so i got even more. Frustrated. The gp was also online timing probably but krayzie played well and adapted. You didnt sound like a douche at all btw. Im also glad you enjoyed the tourney.

Last edited:

EGP Wonder_Chef

I'm thinking of doing some kind of bonus pot for using low tiers, scaled so CW will be like 10 dollars or something and an Arrow or Ares would be like 50

I'll think about it more thoroughly later
Okay, but fair warning Ares has already been 4th and 3rd place.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm thinking of doing some kind of bonus pot for using low tiers, scaled so CW will be like 10 dollars or something and an Arrow or Ares would be like 50

I'll think about it more thoroughly later
I wanna move to socal now. People bitch about low tiers over here -_-

EGP Wonder_Chef

@The BOSS @RM GamerBlake @STORMS

Guys I don't mean to beat a dead horse but...

I get the rule that tournament results get featured, and articles get promoted, right?

I've noticed that every tournament results thread EXCEPT OURS is promoted to an article. If you look at the front page right now:

Paradise Lost
BLTB 36
P Town Beatdown #6
Saturday Slugfest XVII
CECC2
Sin City Showdown
BLTB 35

have ALL been promoted to an article in the past week or so. I don't think a tournament result thread has been posted in the past week that , except for ours, that hasn't been promoted.

The exact same thing happened for my last results thread, but I assumed it was just a mistake so I didn't say anything.

Is this some sort of personal bias against me? Should I get someone else from SoCal to write our results threads?

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
@The BOSS @RM GamerBlake @STORMS

Guys I don't mean to beat a dead horse but...

I get the rule that tournament results get featured, and articles get promoted, right?

I've noticed that every tournament results thread EXCEPT OURS is promoted to an article. If you look at the front page right now:

Paradise Lost
BLTB 36
P Town Beatdown #6
Saturday Slugfest XVII
CECC2
Sin City Showdown
BLTB 35

have ALL been promoted to an article in the past week or so. I don't think a tournament result thread has been posted in the past week that , except for ours, that hasn't been promoted.

The exact same thing happened for my last results thread, but I assumed it was just a mistake so I didn't say anything.

Is this some sort of personal bias against me? Should I get someone else from SoCal to write our results threads?
No, I just never get tagged in any write-ups featuring your scene or the site doesn't notify me. What was the latest event you guys had?

EDIT: And right as I posted that, I realized the title of the thread...never mind. Promoted and featured!

KC H0oKsw0rds

iK A B A L
I need to study my losing matchups with Catwoman more closely.

I might use her 100% next tournament.
In that match vs Slayers Aquaman you seemed pretty impatient. Kept getting FTDed and d2ed. I try to let AM get comfortable poking in his b1 range then counter with b3 cat dash or low whip. If trait is a problem, then I try b2 or f2d31 starters.
It's sweet that you wanna use her more now. Those double f3 combos were nice. But if hope the losing match ups don't get to you. They suck and everything is a risk but that's what makes Catwoman hype!
MEOW