What's new

instant air superman with raiden

Ive noticed this move is extremely good, it goes over most projectiles, including sub zeros ice clones and still connects, so if sub is camping out over a grounded ice clone u can catch him... ive know this for while but i wondered if people have found anything else with this or if people use this or know about this

Albo

Noob
Not worth the risk at all imo. Your risking eating a full combo if your superman is too high and whiffs or gets blocked, just to get 10%. The reward is heavily in the opponents favor and there's a chance you'll also miscalculate your air superman and get caught by the projectile, ice clone so on. This is what ex superman, tele, ex tele and xray are for, plus you have all the universal ways of avoiding projectiles or getting in such as ducking, dashing in etc as you probably know of. I don't think the purpose of the air superman is to punish zoning attempts or as a way to approach your opponent..

Only good use for this would be if your trying to punish peak jump attempts from far range since ground superman goes under and whiffs on rare occasions. Even if ground superman does whiff in the exact moment where the opponent is at peak jump height, then raiden recovers fast enough to block anyways which he otherwise wouldn't be able to do after a whiffed air superman. You'll benefit more from using ground superman to punish jump attempts or reads anyways. I suppose this could be used to punish levitate moves also, but that's also risky since the opponent could cancel their levitate, bait a superman and block it.