What's new

Input Shortcuts and Opinions

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
How does everyone feel about Input Shortcuts? Has anyone even noticed a difference? If there is one, I cant feel it. Any thoughts?

Audit

Falls down too much
I have. d2 turns into d,b,2 if you go diagonally at all. As soon as I turned it off it quit happening. Now all three of my options on button mapping screen are set to "OFF".

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
I havent noticed much of a difference honestly. But ive been toying around with Liu Kang. I couldn't properly play Takeda on controller cause doing a back and forth motion on the stick of the controller always makes me jump. And my movement on dpad is balls. I think down backs turn into a SF firebal type motion. But thats common sense

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
I have. d2 turns into d,b,2 if you go diagonally at all. As soon as I turned it off it quit happening. Now all three of my options on button mapping screen are set to "OFF".
Yeah, I thought I noticed something similar on Erron but I wasn't sure. I usually keep input enhancing settings off, but I was kind of thrown off by "Input Shortcuts". At first I thought it was like a feature UMvC uses, lol.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I havent noticed much of a difference honestly. But ive been toying around with Liu Kang. I couldn't properly play Takeda on controller cause doing a back and forth motion on the stick of the controller always makes me jump. And my movement on dpad is balls. I think down backs turn into a SF firebal type motion. But thats common sense
Never use the analog on a pad. That's why they have a dpad.

dreemernj

Ambassador
They are some of the stupidest crap ever. It means the attack button press can happen before the d-pad motion and still register so they mess up buffered moves.

d,f,1 can be buffered as 1,d,f

It's like this was designed to annoy people that can play and sabotage people that are new to the game.

I was noticing this as well, when I was trying to do Shinnoks amulet thing I kept fucking jumping when I tried to do it so idk

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
They are some of the stupidest crap ever. It means the attack button press can happen before the d-pad motion and still register so they mess up buffered moves.

d,f,1 can be buffered as 1,d,f

It's like this was designed to annoy people that can play and sabotage people that are new to the game.
That's release check. Input shortcuts has to be something else.

MK Slash

Useful Idiot look at the flick of the wrist
hello guys my first post here but thought i help clear something up, the input shortcuts option is not for diagonal inputs they are for inputs like grab and interactable which are done by pressing R1 or done Manually with 1+2(with input shortcuts on) i would just turn off negative edge and keep the rest on i play on stick so its better if do thing manually 1+2 or 1+3 etc. hope this helped out

SirRaven

Teleport tickle fail
That release check was driving me crazy. I was using Goro and trying to do his simple punching combo into his rushdown punches and it kept cancelling into his grab and toss because of the reordering of my commands.

NurzBenny

Old Member
Was indifferent about it at first, kept it off. But noticed it made some inputs WAAAAAY easier. Probably couldn't play jax without it. saves me an extra input on strings that require back motions, followed by supermans that also require a back forward, saves me two backs, and I can just execute the one back motion in the string and the forward 2 to end the combo into superman. for example

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Nothing wrong with sticks, but the analog is just asking for input errors.
I can't use sticks in NRS games, it makes all of the movements feel insanely clunky & stiff. I do play KI and SF with a stick, but it feels like NRS creates games without a fight stick in mind.

I can't use sticks in NRS games, it makes all of the movements feel insanely stiff. I do play KI and SF with a stick, but it feels like NRS creates games without a fight stick in mind.
I feel the same as you. I could only used Pads for NRS games, I think it's the back, forward input is what throws me off on a stick (especially in mid combo), then there's down, back, forward moves that I hate on stick. But I'm fine with stick on other fighters.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I can't use sticks in NRS games, it makes all of the movements feel insanely stiff. I do play KI and SF with a stick, but it feels like NRS creates games without a fight stick in mind.
To each their own. I couldn't play Kabal in MK9, but could play everyone else on my stick. So I stuck with pad. I did however use my stick for a while with IGAU, but eventually fell back to my pad. Unless I invest in a hitbox at some point. Otherwise pad warrior for life lol.

MK Slash

Useful Idiot look at the flick of the wrist
I use stick T.E.2 to play MKX which am in love with by the way , i just put Street fighter inputs on and its all smooth for me and negative edge off of course.

Aramonde

Noob
hello guys my first post here but thought i help clear something up, the input shortcuts option is not for diagonal inputs they are for inputs like grab and interactable which are done by pressing R1 or done Manually with 1+2(with input shortcuts on) i would just turn off negative edge and keep the rest on i play on stick so its better if do thing manually 1+2 or 1+3 etc. hope this helped out
So this is why i would grab an interactable during a combo when i didn't want to!!! God that was pissing me off.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I am surprised so many people don't know what shortcuts are. Just in case, I will repost my explanation of all these options because why not:

Release check - aka negative edge, this allows button releases to count as button presses sometimes. Example: with it you can input 3~db3 as [press 3]~d,b+[release 3] instead of tapping 3 twice during this sequence as normal.

Alternate controls adds check of diagonal inputs inbetween f, d, b (db becomes "honest" quarter circle back aka d, d+b, b for example, and bf becomes half-circle forward motion).

Shortcut enables keeping directional inputs in buffer for its full duration instead of deleting them as soon as they are recognized as a part of some move, allowing it to be used by motion recognition later for additional move. With this you will be able to input d1~df2 as d1~f2 saving yourself one additional motion. Without it you won't accidentally input b21~bf2 because you input b21f2 way too fast, for example. Take your pick.