What's new

InjusticeLive Episode 1 - Archive and Discussion

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
If you missed the first episode of InjusticeLive make sure to check out the archive. In the first episode pherleece, JaeRoar, J360 and Phase 3 go over in-depth character breakdowns, roster speculation, the impact of stage hazards on competitive play and so much more. You can find the archive footage below broken down into three separate youtube videos with accompanying timestamps.

If you have questions regarding any of the content from the show, feel free to ask and we'll elaborate on whatever you'd like us to clarify. As always, feel free to discuss the episode, suggest topics for future episodes and provide general feedback.

---
Part 1 is an introduction to the show followed shortly by a mic anomaly.

---
Part 2 Timestamps
---
0:00 Introductions (Continued)

8:31 - Batman Breakdown
19:07 - Superman Breakdown
23:46 - Wonder Woman Breakdown
30:14 and 32:14 - Harley Quinn Breakdown
31:17 and 34:40 - Solomon Grundy Breakdown
38:27 - The Flash Breakdown
42:50 - Green Arrow Breakdown
47:19 - Cyborg Breakdown
55:20 - Catwoman Breakdown
59:12 - Nightwing Breakdown
1:04:52 - Deathstroke Breakdown
1:08:05 - Green Lantern, Lex Luthor, Joker and Bane

1:09:50 - Remaining Roster Speculation

---
Part 3 Timestamps
---
00:27 - Current Favorites and Picks
10:50 - Character Inclusion Criteria
23:33 - Stages and some Misc. Discussion
32:49 - Impact of Stage Hazards on Competitive Play
43:00 - Question and Answer Session (Tons of stuff in here)

---

Thanks to everyone who participated throughout the night; we'll be announcing plans for Episode 2 in the near future. We have a lot more things to discuss, including: the latest Injustice news, New 52 comic reviews, Injustice general game mechanics as well as their potential impact on the metagame and of course, Flesh Pits Grundy.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
The Twitch app for my phone sucks more than Superman's Vacuum Cleaner so I missed the live broadcast but I did hear that Phase 3 did a good job from what I heard. Listening now :)

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
Looks like we'll have even more to discuss in Episode 2.

I think being able to completely remove stage hazards means we could revisit the stage hazard discussion because it feels like people are approaching them like SFxT gems. Without going too far into it, I definitely feel hazards should be used by default and explored thoroughly before simply brushing them off. They offer too much depth and strategy to pass up. It'll make for an interesting topic though.

Also, there are so many general gameplay mechanics in this game (and now there's pushblock at the cost of meter) that our rundown of the game's advanced techniques is going to be extremely robust. I'm really looking forward to that.

It's also nice to see they're not shy about showing off alts, which we'll make sure to list.

Oh, and Jer, I remember you had mentioned being interested in Catwoman slightly if only because of her character trait. What I forgot to mention during the show (aside from her Sabretooth Berserker Claw) is that she has Mileena's U+4. Same exact animation and it seems to be a combo starter.

As always, topic suggestions are welcome.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Looks like we'll have even more to discuss in Episode 2.

I think being able to completely remove stage hazards means we could revisit the stage hazard discussion because it feels like people are approaching them like SFxT gems. Without going too far into it, I definitely feel hazards should be used by default and explored thoroughly before simply brushing them off. They offer too much depth and strategy to pass up. It'll make for an interesting topic though.

Also, there are so many general gameplay mechanics in this game (and now there's pushblock at the cost of meter) that our rundown of the game's advanced techniques is going to be extremely robust. I'm really looking forward to that.

It's also nice to see they're not shy about showing off alts, which we'll make sure to list.

Oh, and Jer, I remember you had mentioned being interested in Catwoman slightly if only because of her character trait. What I forgot to mention during the show (aside from her Sabretooth Berserker Claw) is that she has Mileena's U+4. Same exact animation and it seems to be a combo starter.

As always, topic suggestions are welcome.
Yeah I noticed dude, that's why I'm interested. My main focus is going to be on Raven if she's in though, with probably Catwoman/Harley secondary.

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
Yeah, Harley is odd. It's actually tough to tell which of her gunshots are normals/combo strings and which are special moves just by watching footage. I also noticed that with one of her specials it appears to be one gunshot followed by another (and a third with EX) but it seems you can cancel the second one. Perhaps, if she's lucky, she can turn it into some Skarlet dagger foolery. She also seems to have a move that leaves you dazed in a "finish him" state, which was a pretty funny animation to see a game without MK characters.

Also, in what is perhaps the most useless news of all time (but hey people wanted Harley news), they changed Harley's face on the website. Original is the left, new one is the right.

She has blue eyes in a bunch of renders but in the game, when they showed a closeup of her face, it looked more like the left Harley (as in, not blue). I think there's only one answer for this: there are two Harleys in the game and one of them is Clayface.

LEGEND

YES!
Yeah, Harley is odd. It's actually tough to tell which of her gunshots are normals/combo strings and which are special moves just by watching footage. I also noticed that with one of her specials it appears to be one gunshot followed by another (and a third with EX) but it seems you can cancel the second one. Perhaps, if she's lucky, she can turn it into some Skarlet dagger foolery. She also seems to have a move that leaves you dazed in a "finish him" state, which was a pretty funny animation to see a game without MK characters.

Also, in what is perhaps the most useless news of all time (but hey people wanted Harley news), they changed Harley's face on the website. Original is the left, new one is the right.

She has blue eyes in a bunch of renders but in the game, when they showed a closeup of her face, it looked more like the left Harley (as in, not blue). I think there's only one answer for this: there are two Harleys in the game and one of them is Clayface.

an attractive Female in a NRS game?

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
Whats the name of the Youtube channel? I searched "Injusticelive" and got jack squat.
The show, at the moment, appears to be on Pherleece's channel called "CrossTheStreamsTV"

You can also click the "Youtube" button on the embedded vids, which should take you to Youtube where you can see the channel. We'll let everyone know if and when it gets a dedicated channel. At the moment though, archives will be appearing on CrossTheStreamsTV.

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
i want flesh pits grundy
Ask and you shall receive.

J360

Phase 3 I actually like the new render of Harley :3
I actually sort of like the first one. It makes her look crazier, I suppose -- borderline unhinged. I'm not a big fan of Harley but I remember her renders being one of the few I happened to like when the site launched. I did notice that there was quite a bit of backlash though...

Phase 3 I like your knowledge on FGs and DC verse, good job, you guys got a lot to discuss this Monday, esp from that Hector interview/trailer.
Thanks for the feedback. We'll have a lot lined up for the next episode, including a full breakdown of the news (even some stuff people might have missed...), a comprehensive look at the advanced techniques and how they contribute to the creation of the metagame and more. I think Pherleece might even be making an announcement about Ep2 tonight.