What's new

Injustice: Gods Among Us at Kumite in Tennessee 2016

Vandy

Kumite!
Hello, I am here to talk to you for a moment about a tournament that I run on an annual basis - Kumite in Tennessee (KIT) - the 2016 version of KIT is announced here for reference. For the past two years since we have expanded into a 3 day event (2014 and 2015) the NRS community has been a huge part of KIT. Now with Mortal Kombat X in full swing the community has seen huge growth and rightfully so. MKX is a great game and will be fully supported at KIT 2016 certainly by me and likely by the tournament-going community - there will be reason to come to KIT for MKX. However, MKX at KIT 2016 can be saved for another day because I am here to talk about Injustice: God Among Us.

As you may (or may not) know Injustice was a very important part of KIT 2014 and 2015 and greatly contributed to our vision of growth for our tournament. Because of the support from the community I, as a tournament organizer, have a special place in my heart for the game and its players. At the conclusion of the last KIT in January I began to wonder about the game’s competitive future with Mortal Kombat X on the horizon. Would it co-exist with MKX on major tournaments’ game rosters? I held out hope but was a little pessimistic - as it turns out rightfully so. With the release of MKX Injustice disappeared from many tournaments or was called a side event. A big Injustice event at Evo was talked about but ended up not happening. Injustice had to be canceled due to lack of interest at MWC - a tournament that I run. Scanning through 5-10 tournament registration pages or upcoming multi-day events it is not listed on any of them.

Mortal Kombat X, as many predicted, has replaced Injustice in both the minds of players and organizers. I am not saying that it should not be that way - Mortal Kombat X is an amazing game and worthy of its place. In life you have to embrace change and know that new will eventually replace old. I am not saying everyone should suddenly start playing Injustice again.

What I am saying is I would like to run Injustice: Gods Among Us as a main tournament game at KIT 2016 but I need the support of the community. I have to think that my affection for the game as an organizer must be felt as well by the players who played the game competitively. If you make it worth my while I will do my best to make it worth your while. This has been on my mind for some time now.

Here is what I will do for Injustice if I have the game at KIT 2016:
  • Stream pools in their entirety and have the top 8 on the main stage (there will actually be a “real” stage this time!). My plan is to have everything on Friday. At KIT 2015 we did MK9 (basically what Injustice would for KIT 2016) pools on Friday and top 8 Saturday, but I feel it would have been better to keep it all on Friday. It would be hard to ask players to get up for Injustice after a full day of MKX on Saturday.
  • The Doomsday Trophy would return. It’s a nice trophy - just ask Forever King or Jupiter.
  • It would be a “free to enter” tournament with a guaranteed cash prize (amount TBD). You would still pay the venue fee but not an additional amount.
  • I will personally manage the registration list and pools here publicly on TYM. It would not be available on the tournament registration website. The reason for this is ‘free to enter’ tournaments have by far the highest rate of no-shows and DQs. Not to mention the entrants who have never played the game and only enter it because “it’s free why not!”
Here is what I need from the community for me to run Injustice at KIT 2016
  • A lot of public support! Post in this thread with your interest in attending and entering such a tournament. I understand KIT is a long way away at this point - I just need a lot of people to show interest. Even if you know you can’t go I’d like to see your support. No, I don’t have an exact number or anything like that.
  • If you are eventually confirmed as a competitor I want you to make a reasonable effort to show up when you are supposed to play. Have the intent that this is important! As stated above “free to enter” tournaments are easy to blow off. This isn’t that tournament.
  • Take the game seriously. I am not asking anyone to practice at length or cut into their MKX time, but when you sit down to play your Injustice tournament match play to win. If you don’t care about Injustice for 364 days of the year just care about it for 1 day. Spend an hour the night before remembering your combos.
  • Help from the community with Hotfixing the game. We know this is an issue and it is very hard to deal with from my end.
  • Leave your negative feelings about the game at home. I’m just not interested.
There are other logistical things I would like to talk about but that can wait until we are 100% to go through with this. It it is up to the players. What I want is one more chance to give a game that has helped KIT grow a chance to shine once more. What I want to avoid is making the game look bad. My Doomsday* scenario is I go ahead with this and no one shows up for it or takes it seriously. If there is no support for this and Injustice is truly dead I will move on quickly and that will be that. It will be easier on me not to run it, but obviously I would prefer to actually do it or I would not be making this thread.

Please know that this would be for every player who wants to enter and play Injustice - not just an invitational for the top players. Please tag everyone who might be interested in this.

One last thing before I go. Because of KIT over the last few years many people in the NRS / TYM community have told me: “Whatever you need just ask.” Well, this is what I want. This is me asking.

Thank you for reading,
Vandy

@CrimsonShadow
@STORMS
@Pig Of The Hut
@FOREVER KING
@Hollywood DMS
@YOMI RM JagoBlake
@GGA Max
@EMPEROR_JUPITER
@16 Bit
@rev0lver
@YOMI Reno_Racks
@HoneyBee
@Biohazard
@Filipino Man
@Eric Z19
@EMPEROR_THEO
@YOMI DJT
@YOMI MITYEAP
@YOMI RM SaltFace
@YOMI Zyphox
@cR_whiteboi

Last edited by a moderator:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Frontpaged -- Vandy you know you have my support 100%, so if you need anything from us, just ask :)

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Hello, I am here to talk to you for a moment about a tournament that I run on an annual basis - Kumite in Tennessee (KIT) - the 2016 version of KIT is announced here for reference. For the past two years since we have expanded into a 3 day event (2014 and 2015) the NRS community has been a huge part of KIT. Now with Mortal Kombat X in full swing the community has seen huge growth and rightfully so. MKX is a great game and will be fully supported at KIT 2016 certainly by me and likely by the tournament-going community - there will be reason to come to KIT for MKX. However, MKX at KIT 2016 can be saved for another day because I am here to talk about Injustice: God Among Us.

As you may (or may not) know Injustice was a very important part of KIT 2014 and 2015 and greatly contributed to our vision of growth for our tournament. Because of the support from the community I, as a tournament organizer, have a special place in my heart for the game and its players. At the conclusion of the last KIT in January I began to wonder about the game’s competitive future with Mortal Kombat X on the horizon. Would it co-exist with MKX on major tournaments’ game rosters? I held out hope but was a little pessimistic - as it turns out rightfully so. With the release of MKX Injustice disappeared from many tournaments or was called a side event. A big Injustice event at Evo was talked about but ended up not happening. Injustice had to be canceled due to lack of interest at MWC - a tournament that I run. Scanning through 5-10 tournament registration pages or upcoming multi-day events it is not listed on any of them.

Mortal Kombat X, as many predicted, has replaced Injustice in both the minds of players and organizers. I am not saying that it should not be that way - Mortal Kombat X is an amazing game and worthy of its place. In life you have to embrace change and know that new will eventually replace old. I am not saying everyone should suddenly start playing Injustice again.

What I am saying is I would like to run Injustice: Gods Among Us as a main tournament game at KIT 2016 but I need the support of the community. I have to think that my affection for the game as an organizer must be felt as well by the players who played the game competitively. If you make it worth my while I will do my best to make it worth your while. This has been on my mind for some time now.

Here is what I will do for Injustice if I have the game at KIT 2016:
  • Stream pools in their entirety and have the top 8 on the main stage (there will actually be a “real” stage this time!). My plan is to have everything on Friday. At KIT 2015 we did MK9 (basically what Injustice would for KIT 2016) pools on Friday and top 8 Saturday, but I feel it would have been better to keep it all on Friday. It would be hard to ask players to get up for Injustice after a full day of MKX on Saturday.
  • The Doomsday Trophy would return. It’s a nice trophy - just ask Forever King or Jupiter.
  • It would be a “free to enter” tournament with a guaranteed cash prize (amount TBD). You would still pay the venue fee but not an additional amount.
  • I will personally manage the registration list and pools here publicly on TYM. It would not be available on the tournament registration website. The reason for this is ‘free to enter’ tournaments have by far the highest rate of no-shows and DQs. Not to mention the entrants who have never played the game and only enter it because “it’s free why not!”
Here is what I need from the community for me to run Injustice at KIT 2016
  • A lot of public support! Post in this thread with your interest in attending and entering such a tournament. I understand KIT is a long way away at this point - I just need a lot of people to show interest. Even if you know you can’t go I’d like to see your support. No, I don’t have an exact number or anything like that.
  • If you are eventually confirmed as a competitor I want you to make a reasonable effort to show up when you are supposed to play. Have the intent that this is important! As stated above “free to enter” tournaments are easy to blow off. This isn’t that tournament.
  • Take the game seriously. I am not asking anyone to practice at length or cut into their MKX time, but when you sit down to play your Injustice tournament match play to win. If you don’t care about Injustice for 364 days of the year just care about it for 1 day. Spend an hour the night before remembering your combos.
  • Help from the community with Hotfixing the game. We know this is an issue and it is very hard to deal with from my end.
  • Leave your negative feelings about the game at home. I’m just not interested.
There are other logistical things I would like to talk about but that can wait until we are 100% to go through with this. It it is up to the players. What I want is one more chance to give a game that has helped KIT grow a chance to shine once more. What I want to avoid is making the game look bad. My Doomsday* scenario is I go ahead with this and no one shows up for it or takes it seriously. If there is no support for this and Injustice is truly dead I will move on quickly and that will be that. It will be easier on me not to run it, but obviously I would prefer to actually do it or I would not be making this thread.

Please know that this would be for every player who wants to enter and play Injustice - not just an invitational for the top players. Please tag everyone who might be interested in this.

One last thing before I go. Because of KIT over the last few years many people in the NRS / TYM community have told me: “Whatever you need just ask.” Well, this is what I want. This is me asking.

Thank you for reading,
Vandy

@CrimsonShadow
@STORMS
@Pig Of The Hut
@FOREVER KING
@Hollywood DMS
@YOMI RM JagoBlake
@GGA Max
@EMPEROR_JUPITER
@16 Bit
@rev0lver
@YOMI Reno_Racks
@HoneyBee
@Biohazard
@Filipino Man
@Eric Z19
@EMPEROR_THEO
@YOMI DJT
@YOMI MITYEAP
@YOMI RM SaltFace
@YOMI Zyphox
@cR_whiteboi

If I'm able to attend with the Louisiana guys i will be all over this.