What's new

General/Other - Scorpion In-the-Making Kollective Kold War Scorpion Skin by fear-sAs

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
We recently learned that there has been a kollaborative effort between NetherRealm Studios and MKKollective.com artist fear-sAs in regards to the "Kold War" Scorpion skin that will be available in Mortal Kombat X. Our good friends over at @MKServer sent us a YouTube link to the artist's channel. fear-sAs recently uploaded a speed-run of the Kold War Scorpion skin.

This skin is surely going to be a favorite for many Scorpion players. On top of that it will clearly give artists even more incentive to submit their work to www.mkkollective.com

Attachments

Bar_Bar13

Friendly Neighborhood Spectre
I love this skin, but I don't wanna get the $100 edition from Gamestop. I hope it's available for purchase post release.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I bet Scorpion will have a crazy amount of skins, more than anyone else.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
I love this skin, but I don't wanna get the $100 edition from Gamestop. I hope it's available for purchase post release.
Shaun Himmerick said on twitter some time ago that its most likely gonna be separately available later on.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
I could of made that.

In about 20 years. That guy was amazing. I personally wasn't a fan of that costume until I just watched this video.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
What is with NRS and soviet costumes?

They had two packs of it in Injustice and now Scorpion is getting one?
The injustice costumes soviet ones were actually from the red son superman comics.

This however is entirely new concept.

I bet scorp and sub will be the batman and superman of mkx costume wise lol

As an artist myself being experienced in fine art, painting, drawing, sketching and fashion design. This is really fascinating, i have always wanted to do that from a computer. Major kudos to the guy who made this skin.

FiNCu

Casual from Poland ;)
Great skin.Im glad that NRS considering concept(fan) arts outisde of their studio.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
What do you mean speed run. I don't want a skin that was rushed.
Trying watching the actual video before asking a question like that. It's very clear what "speed run" means.

On topic - this skin is incredible. I'm always amazing by people who are able to draw on tablets (which I believe this was done on).

I'm so jelly of this dude's skills. Nevertheless, watching this (combined with MKX hype) inspired me to get back into digital art for the first time in a few years. :)

MKX Chameleon concept WIP

trufenix

bye felicia
Its collaboration like this that keeps my faith in this industry strong. Its a real shame the guy who did Juju shot himself and Skullgirls in the foot.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
That is irrelevant to what I stated.
How is it irrelevant when it's true? I read DC comics, and this is a known fact. They put in a lot of Red son costumes because that was from a separate DC universe/hence the soviet look. The injustice costumes/red son were pretty much known knowledge to the fans who actually read comics of DC/Injustice characters.

This however is just a new costume all together for Scorpion. At any rate, I can't complain. It just shows NRS unlike other developers actually care about their fans and look at their talent much less actually using it in their games.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
How is it irrelevant when it's true? I read DC comics, and this is a known fact. They put in a lot of Red son costumes because that was from a separate DC universe/hence the soviet look. The injustice costumes/red son were pretty much known knowledge to the fans who actually read comics of DC/Injustice characters.

This however is just a new costume all together for Scorpion. At any rate, I can't complain. It just shows NRS unlike other developers actually care about their fans and look at their talent much less actually using it in their games.

Man, I know you're a dense one but come on.

This is what I said:

What is with NRS and soviet costumes?

They had two packs of it in Injustice and now Scorpion is getting one?

I didn't say, ask, or question wether or not Red Son was an existing DC universe. I did not say NRS made the designs or characters.

Your initial comment was irrelevant to what I said.

This is what you said:

The injustice costumes soviet ones were actually from the red son superman comics.

This however is entirely new concept.