What's new

If sheeva was straight up top to mid tier...

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
....in this game or subsequent games woul you still use her?

Or how about if she was no longer slow and grappling and played more like a regular fighter and not mini-boss like?

Frankly it may be her popularity (among those that use her like
Myself) may be due to her lack of popularity

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
I actually love her play style. If NRS got one thing right in MK9 (and IMO they got a lot of things right), it's making each character's fighting style match the character's physical appearance and personality. The problem with Sheeva is that it's just not particularly viable at a high level.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Sheeva needs a total redesign. Chain-throws, the ability to hitconfirm throws off of all of her normals, and the threat thus to be unblockable and unpressurable upclose. Imagine a character that can only be punished or zoned, and then she also has a projectile and telestomp.

McNasty

Moist.
If she was a designed as how any other fighting games design grapplers, then yes.
this.

If she was like zangief or anyone with a command grab in KOF she would be scary. With her priority being ass like it is, it nullifies her playstyle in mk9. I would also be down with a trilogy/umk3 style sheeva.

peachyO

Noob
i will be loyal to her under any circumstances. she deserves so much better than she got in MK9. she looks awesome, on paper her moves are amazing, and NRs got her "feel" dead-on. but it bungled her execution badly. :(

she coulda been a contendah... here are what i think are the 10 critical buffs she should have received/will be given in the sequel (in order of importance):

1. faster pokes with greater range

2. an f3, fireball, and b2 at 11-14 frames each

3. cancelable ground pound, armor the EN version

4. greater range on her bf3 (so it doesn't whiff in combos on characters with low hitboxes) & make it an overhead; increase damage to 21%,27%EN

5. increased range for her standing 2

6. increase jump stomp damage to 15%, 19% EN, armor the EN version completely, give it a hitbox similar to kabal's ND

7. make low grab lunge forward like bf3, but not quite as far

8. make her 1,b2, f1 a pop-up (like baraka's 2,2,1+2) for juggle opportunities

9. give her the overhead starter she had in MK:A

10. make the second hit of her f2,b1 string cancelable, chargeable, and unblockable when fully charged (to give the string true relevance, imo it has almost none now)

*bonus: increase x-ray damage to 41%.

i sincerely believe she deserved these tools and that they aren't too much to have hoped for. even receiving the first 4 buffs only would imo have made her viable; receiving all would have made her A or A+ tier, where, as a massive shokan, she belongs. woulda been great, huh? :(

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Never. LBSH she was only even created at the last minute to try and distract people from Cage, Scorpion and Raiden being absent in vanilla MK3. And even in the 16 bit versions of UMK3 she was dropped and replaced by Rain, a parody of a Prince song for Christ's sake, fortifying how insignificant she is.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Never. LBSH she was only even created at the last minute to try and distract people from Cage, Scorpion and Raiden being absent in vanilla MK3. And even in the 16 bit versions of UMK3 she was dropped and replaced by Rain, a parody of a Prince song for Christ's sake, fortifying how insignificant she is.
She wasn't in UMK3 for SNES due to how much space limitations, fyi

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
In theory, Sheeva move set , on paper, is amazing .... lot of useful special moves, and , in my opinion, the best teleport type in the game .... anyway, the way the character was developed, to be purposely slow, and with slow frames recovery moves, just killed her potential as great character .....

At least, since she is slow, she could have some kind of ..... compensation regarding damage in her bnb combos, I mean, Sheeva might could be, the character with more normal amount of damage in her combos, something as 50%+ in her combos, since she is slow, but, story wise, perhaps the strongest character of the entire playable MK9 roster .... she is a 7'3" Shokan, god damn ! The fact she is female, does not means she would not be stronger as hell ! :D

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
Of course I would. It's who she is I like not what she does and what tier level she can be.
Her looks, story and character in general is what has doomed me to forever like and play her.
And I prefer her the way she is not higher not lower, stronger or weaker.
Well, if she had some new buffs I wouldn't complain though :p
too many arms:coffee:

peachyO

Noob
she was only dropped from the snes and genesis versions, as she required too much memory (being that she was the only character not to be portrayed by an actor. she was very much in the higher memory arcade, saturn, and ps1 versions. i know you know, but i am programmed to defend her at every opportunity :p

Espio

Kokomo
Mohawks are tight.

Girls that hit like trucks are godlike.

Sheeva is so fun to play, I play her no matter the match because of how entertaining she is in MK9, you feel powerful when you use her. I don't pick characters based on tiers.

The only problem was not giving her the damage to go with that fierceness.