What's new

Ideas to give Koins a post-Krypt purpose.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
If you've unlocked the entire Krypt, by this point you're probably the Warren Buffet of Koins and have nothing to do with them. Just for fun, I'd like to hear ideas to make Koins useful again. Mine are, in order of most feasible to never gonna happen:

1. Make hundreds of new Kombat Kard Kustomizations that can only be bought with Koins. They could have some badass ones of older characters or older stages and make them cost anywhere from a little to a lot. If you want that awesome Noob-Smoke back-to-back pose, it's gonna be 300,000 koins. Or, if you just want a different Sub-Zero background - 10,000 koins.

2. Let us wager koins online. This is pretty useless without #1. But, if they implemented the above, it would make it so we don't have to grind towers forever. Also, it could serve as a way to "Money Match". The reward of being able to double your koins and get that background much faster vs the risk of losing them and having to grind from zero would make for a slightly more tense (fun) experience. Are you confident you can beat that laggy Inferno Scorpion? Put your money where your mouth is.

3. Make new or classic -alities/costumes/characters that you can buy for an absurd amount of koins. Want that Deception Sub-Zero skin? 2,000,000 koins. Want that MK2 Reptile fatality? 4,000,000 koins. Want playable Fujin? 50,000,000 koins. They would NEVER do this, of course, because that would cut into DLC profits. But, if they wanted to, they could make Koins purchasable with real money. But who wouldn't rather spend that same $5 to unlock a character?

Like I said, this is just for funsies, but I thought it it was an interesting topic. What say you?

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
I think ALL of the dlc should be purchaseable via large amounts of coins. Each character could be as high as 500k-1 million and at least you would still have an option other then real money to get them.

I remember something that made them useful in mk9 but won't apply much here. Maybe it could? In mk9 we could use koins to skip challenges in the challenge tower. Maybe skip the faction boss or something along those lines?

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
wagering seems fun and the kombat card stuff. i cant see skins or characters ever being able to be purchased by koins, cant compromise the profits netherrealm!

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
I have over a million just kicking about doing nothing, Krypt is 100% unlocked and I've milked the shrine dry. I'm disappointed you can't buy easy fatals actually