What's new

General/Other I need help!

Been playing since MK1 but last game was trilogy...My record is 13/33 and I just want to get respectable with Sub Zero...

I've configured my controller to the old HP,LP,HK,LK so reading these guides has been a pain for me. Can someone tell me which would be 1,2,3,4...

There are also some terms I'm just not familiar with..

-Strings vs combos
The guide says only use BP,BP,BK-string

-NJ

-BnB

-CHarged vs non charged xray

-My blocking is terrible...maybe its lag or maybe once the first hit gets in and I'm late I need to release block then push it again instead of keep holding it down.

-Also I'm not having lag problems but more button input glitch where I get desynched from games alot while doing combos...I think when you input multiple buttons at once it freezes games. Anyone heard of this?

Thanks-anyone wants a game my username is my gamertag on Xbox.

1: X or default front punch
2: Y or default back punch
3: A or default front kick
4: B or default back kick

NJ: Neutral jump. Just jumping straight up.
BnB; Bread and butter. Basic combos really.
Charged: Sub zero can 'charge' his x-ray by holding both Rt and Lt and gives himself super armor.
Just hold block down. Maybe you're actually releasing it early? Practice makes perfect though.
Yeah, I've heard of that glitch from multiple people but I've never had it personally happen.

A "string" is a series of hits that often is good even if it is blocked (Block string). Maybe you recover faster then your opponent or puts you at a certain advantageous distance after the series of hits, or "string", has been preformed.

Thus, strings can also be part of combos if it hits.

Sub-Zero has a good example. Since you have a slight problem with the numbers I'll explain the animation. It is a 2x punch + 1kick combo
It looks like Sub strikes twice with his sword then finishes of with a round house kick. This is an example of a "String".
It is a series of hits that is good even if they are blocked, can be part of a combo, and puts you on advantage after it is done.