What's new

I get sad looking at the concept art for characters

RYX

BIG PUSHER
And realizing how much better it is than what we got. :[

I don't know if anyone else has the same feeling, but there are so many character concepts that make me so unbelievably excited, only to realize that I won't and probably will never actually get in a Mortal Kombat game.

Take a look at Erron Black, for example:

In his concept art, Erron looks amazing. A post-apocalyptic interdimensional cowboy with a magic arm and hand cannons? I would shell out so much money to have that in my game. It makes so much more sense relative to the game than.. sand grenades? (Even though he already physically throws sand as a special move in Outlaw..)

And let's look at Goro's;

This concept is very similar to what we have, but the simple fact that he wears trophies from defeated enemies would add so much character to his look and appearance. Wearing an artifact from notable victories (Great Kung Lao, Liu Kang, the skull-flail made from the predecessors to Liu Kang who lost to the Shokan Prince) would be fantastic. And I mean, it's a flail made with human skulls. Fuck impracticality, I want to play that!

Do you guys have any concept arts that you liked more than the final concept?

iMileena

"I will cut a hole in you"
I would love to seen kitana in her royal outfit tho , she looked waaaaaay better then that stupid thing she got going on like wtf

I got emo when I unlocked some of these in the krypt.

Seriously, it's like Boon and co. had a meeting for each character and were like "Alright guys, see all these cool ass designs we made for this character? Let's pick the worst one and throw the better ones in the krypt as unlockables."

Cassandra Cage

Black Siren
I know how you feel. *tear tear*

If I had a proper image URL id post it but can't on IOS *Secondary Tear Tear*

Edit:

Found it

Last edited:

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
I dunno about you guys, but I HATE the current render they have of Tremor. He looks like shit vs the concept that made its way around the internet before his announcement/leak. He looks like Popeye. What a waste :-(

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Reptile concept art is tight as fuck. Especially the one ressembling the old-school ninjas.

Still happy with what I have though. Slightly shittier MK9 re-design and Mk4 Klassic skin are pretty cool looking.

Kraken da bes doe