What's new

How to: Solve certain Network issues

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Ok, after almost breaking my brain I have finally figured out how to sort out some network issues.

It should prevent random disconnects from KOTH lobbies and during normal games (Desync) at least on your side.
Anyway, the solution is quite simple; port forwarding.

First of all, you need to make sure your device has a static IP (PC/X1/PS4)

For PC you need to forward these ports:
-TCP: 27014-27050
-UDP: 3478, 4379-4380, 27000-27031, 27036

For Playstation 4:
-TCP: 80, 443, 1935, 3478-3480
-UDP: 3478-3479

For Xbox One:
-TCP: 53, 80, 3074
-UDP: 53, 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500

If you don't know how to do this, refer to this guide (pretty much every router is covered)
http://portforward.com/help/mortal-kombat-x/

It solved my online problems, and hopefully it will help you too.

Last edited:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I haven't done any of this and never get disconnected in KOTH on PC or PS4... . . ? Maybe my modem dose it automatically or something?

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
i dont get disconnected i just lag.. i think nrs needs to rethink thier servers. i did what you said, which is a good idea, but nothing changed.

i talked with a few friends online. i was seeing 3 green and they where seeing 2 yellow, then i seen 1 red and they seen 3 green.... i dont think the connection bars(ping) online even mean squat.

thanks for trying though

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Get a good internet connection...And prioritize like @Heartwire said. If that doesn't work then blame NRS because they have more resources than DoubleHelix and their servers are Godlike.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I agree with that but they are dealing with probably 1/10th the player base that double does
I don't really have connection problems and I'm WiFi all day. I usually have at least 4 or 5 cellphones connected, a laptop, tablet, Xbox 360, XB1 and a PS4 and I almost never lag. When I do it's because my opponent has a shitty internet connection. Did I mention I also stream too with all those devices connected?!

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I need help, a different window popped up asking me to apply or create a service/rule. What do I do here?

Capitalc

Noob
I don't really have connection problems and I'm WiFi all day. I usually have at least 4 or 5 cellphones connected, a laptop, tablet, Xbox 360, XB1 and a PS4 and I almost never lag. When I do it's because my opponent has a shitty internet connection. Did I mention I also stream too with all those devices connected?!
You either have have high internet connection of 50mbps max and/ or you have at least a dual band router that can support multiple devices at once.

7L

Heads up!
But when comparing KI to MKx online you also have to consider the amount of users they have. They deal with a lot compared to KI. If they can't deal with all of the users and haven't fixed it yet then I'm not sure if they have the resources to do it without spending the money and LBSH, they probably don't want to spend the money...