What's new

Question - Grandmaster How to deal with projectile spamming?

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Got tore up by a Lui kang spamming low fire balls . I normally don't have a problem dealing with people who spam but I just couldn't get around that fast projectile . I could armor thru with ex freeze and ex slide but I was just burning meter. Anyone have a strategy for dealing with fast projectiles?

Block, then walk forward. Repeat till you're in.

You can block and then dash between blocks if you think you have time, but otherwise just block, walk, block walk and repeat.

If they jump back in response, be sure to dash forward to make up the extra ground. Don't let them increase the distance on you for free.

If you're grand master sub you have the advantage against a zoning Kang.

Put up your clone then throw a ice ball. His fireball will hit the clone while yours will freeze him so you can FULL combo him. You win that exchange.

Also you can throw your ice clone at him which does more damage to him than his fireballs can do to you. Like twice as much.

If all else fails, put up an clone then jump in to close the distance then combo or slide. You should always hit him before he recovers and that should keep you ahead on life.

Bottom line Sub zero should never be getting zoned out. Especially not by freaking Liu Kang. You have more options and control than he does from fireball range. He has to guess and take risks not you.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
That sounds good and all until you realize that he can throw 4 low fire balls in the time it takes to throw a clone out and throw your own iceball/clone toss

That sounds good and all until you realize that he can throw 4 low fire balls in the time it takes to throw a clone out and throw your own iceball/clone toss
LOL, no he can't.

Sounds to be like you need to work on your SubZero fundamentals. Not trying to be mean but Sub is main and I have played against Kang many times. He's my friends main and I ALWAYS have him on the defensive.

If a guy is doing nothing but spamming low fireballs and nothing else and that is working on you as Sub Zero......you need practice. I mean your character has all the tools so that never happens to you. You are allowing it.

Wait for him to low fireball jump in and full combo punish. He can't keep you out with that alone unless you allow it. He can not. You have an iceball that freezes him! You have a move that literally absorbs fireballs! You have another move that covers most of the screen and hits the oppenent.

If you can't put these tools together and get in I don't know man hahaha. I told you how to get around what's happening, it's up to you to get over you mental handicap.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Low fire ball
Start up 11
Recover -67

Ice ball
Start up 30
Recover -164

I'm srry that's about three low fire balls he can get out to my one ice ball , like I said I was asking for a tip not involving burning meter , obviously I'm taking about being out of jump in range and out of slide range , so no you can't jump over one and full combo punish. The easy thing to do would be time it and jump over them but they come out so fast it makes it a pain in the ass , came here for advice not to talk to a douchecanoe!

I gave you good advise. Then you said something completely untrue and ridiculous.

I gave you meterless ways to escape low fire ball and here you are still whining about a problem that I have given you the answer to.

Ice ball SHOULD be slower than low fireball because it's 100x better. Notice I said "put up ice clone then throw ice ball" NOT "throw balls with him bro, fire ball wars weeeeeeeeeee!"

How the hell is Liu Kang running from you anyway? He doesn't have the tools to keep you out while your character dictates the spacing and usually the position of where it takes place.

If you haven't tried to clone first then throw ice ball or block a ball, clone, then ice ball or go in on him. Or any of the other options I gave you then you're trolling and not really trying to get help.

You don't need meter to get in, practice mode is your friend.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
My point is I've tried , first thing I tried was clone then ball , didn't work , he can throw two before I could get the ball out , tried block clone ball as well , I had no problem reading and sliding under the high ones but after once or twice he stopped and stayed with the lows . I guess what really angered me was the guy sucked pretty bad , I destroyed him with everyone else he used . Sub zero is great in this game and I haven't had a problem beating anyone else I've played . That is the first situation I couldn't get outta , I got about 130 matches so far with 100 wins ( which is pretty good for me)

boba_buster

Noob saibot
And sub zero has tools to box people in not pull people in. Heard there's some other dude that does that stuff , runs around wearing yellow I think

And sub zero has tools to box people in not pull people in.
:rolleyes:

Heard there's some other dude that does that stuff , runs around wearing yellow I think
Sub Zero fears no Scorpion in this game lol. Yeah you REALLY need to focus on your fundamentals if you think teleports mean shit to Sub.

I force Scorpions into the corner with no escape options OTHER than teleport which I'm waiting for. Block then full combo punish that put him RIGHT back into the corner.

You need practice mode. Plain and simple.

Got tore up by a Lui kang spamming low fire balls . I normally don't have a problem dealing with people who spam but I just couldn't get around that fast projectile . I could armor thru with ex freeze and ex slide but I was just burning meter. Anyone have a strategy for dealing with fast projectiles?
The closer you get to a character the longer their fireballs have to recover because they've travelled less distance. At full screen you can react jump over and block. Getting hit is Midscreen is where you need to get to trade. Once you trade you can control midscreen with you clone and fish for trades and if they realize that start to get in.

Also against zoners it helps to be randomly over aggressive but also very patient sometimes. If your too patient they'll milk it, but if your over aggressive and they are good you gon get wrecks. You gotta mix it up.

MK_GDROM

*Spit* No Charge
Spamming doesn't exist. You either use the tools your character has in conjunction with your combos and fundamentals or you don't use them and you lose. If you're getting beat by someone who is throwing out all kinds of fireballs, you need to block more, and take advantage of the run meter.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
If he's doing a bunch of high fire balls just slide.

If he's doing low and/or mixing them up, walk forward and block until you're in.

Hell you can jump over them as long as he isn't doing air fireballs.

If you're grandmaster then I don't see how you could possibly have any trouble with a shield at your disposal.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
The closer you get to a character the longer their fireballs have to recover because they've travelled less distance. At full screen you can react jump over and block. Getting hit is Midscreen is where you need to get to trade. Once you trade you can control midscreen with you clone and fish for trades and if they realize that start to get in.

Also against zoners it helps to be randomly over aggressive but also very patient sometimes. If your too patient they'll milk it, but if your over aggressive and they are good you gon get wrecks. You gotta mix it up.
What this guy said , good advice.
Anyone who thinks a clone will help with fast projectiles once you've been put a whole screen away is a peter puffer. ( yes I know the whole point of clone is to not let your self get zoned , but shit don't always go the way you want it to)

boba_buster

Noob saibot
And yea was just making a joke about scorpion , not saying I had a problem with scorpions , I've always loved stomping scorpions lol

A2EZ

Noob
I kinda have this problem against Kitana too. I think the whole point is that you aren't supposed to be full screen. Get in, but just a little bit.

You can't trade fireballs full screen. Get yourself in a distance of a jump or jump and half. Until then you should walk duck block walk duck block. When you get in around jumping distance you can slide clone iceball or surprise him with quick jump and slide. After walking and crouch blocking for a while spammers rarely expect sudden jump in and slide. After slide you put up a clone and trade ice ball for fireball and voila. But you have to be patient in getting in the mid screen distance. Don't worry about chip dmg you're taking cause you will get even with corner pressure and full combos. Sometimes in mk9 I was losing 1/3 of hp to zoners during getting in the fistance but once I got in it was 30-40% free combos in the corner.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
Sub Zeros slide can go under most projectiles. And you can do it from crouching stance. Commend pls.