What's new

Guide - Tarkatan How to Beat Alien Tarkatan - A Video Guide By Pig of the Hut (Machinima)

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I really hope this helps all players learn to deal with Tarkatan and his slew of mix ups. After this video you should never be worried about F134 or rekkas again. Characters that fit the rule of "13" are as follows and I may have left some out:

Kitana (EX DP)
Kano (ex balls or up balls)
Cassie (Ex Flip)
Lao (Ex Spin)
Sub (Ex Slide)
Reptile (Ex Slide)
Kenshi (Kenjutsu Push, Possessed Push)
Warlock Quan (Low Scoop)
Leatherface (command grab)
Sektor (flame thrower)
Ermac (soul charge/ ex push)
Shinnok (ex charge)
Johnny (ex nutpunch)
Jax (ex dash punch )
Scorpion (ex takedown)
Erron black (ex command grab)
Jason (choke and corpse grab)
Takeda (Ronin rising sword)
Tanya (low drill)
(I believe this is a super underrated MU because of this)
ETC....

Enjoy! And please do not take my humor for agenda as stated in the video. Also be on the lookout for the next video on Alien I promise in this video. IT WILL GUARANTEE YOU VICTORY VS ALIEN 100% of the time or your e-Sports money back ;)

@GGA Dizzy (props for his help)
@cR Dragon
@Kitana Prime
@Big D
@SylverRye
@xGunShow
@SonicFox5000
@YOMI DJT
@YOMI FOREVER KING
@YOMI REO
@YOMI_SLAYER
@YOMI RM JagoBlake
@Tim Static
@STORMS
@DarksydeDash
@coolwhip
@Laos_boy
@Eldriken
@Jer
@zaf
@ragnar0kz28
@AK Harold
@AK L0rdoftheFLY
@HomeLee1121
@AK XEN0M0RPH

Enjoy! And ask any questions about anything I may have left out

Attachments

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Also, quick note for all who watch this, whenever a Tarkatan does the restand with EX Krawl and ends with 2 hits of the rekka, he is +15 on hit. This allows them to guarantee:

F134
B113
F23424
D4
D3
Rekka

Only error I saw in the video, otherwise good stuff.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Jacqui bf1 is 12 frames although she doesn't really get much off it. Still nice to know.

Also:
Sektor (flame thrower)
Shinnok (ex charge)
Johnny (ex nutpunch)
Jax (ex dash punch )
Scorpion (ex takedown)
Takeda (Ronin rising sword)
Tanya (low drill)

Granted besides Johnny and Tanya it's not all that great a punish for the bar.

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Jacqui bf1 is 12 frames although she doesn't really get much off it. Still nice to know.

Also:
Sektor (flame thrower)
Shinnok (ex charge)
Johnny (ex nutpunch)
Jax (ex dash punch )
Scorpion (ex takedown)
Tanya (low drill)

Granted besides Johnny, Jax and Tanya it's not all that great a punish for the bar.
are all those ex attacks w armor?

Tweedy

Noob
Notes as I watch the video.

With fuzzy guarding you have to watch out for Alien's snag, that's a low and 5 frames faster than his flip. If you block it you get a full combo, and snag only does 7%, so I guess it's not the biggest deal ever.

At 5:05 there was a gap. It's actually impossible to do the low or overhead rekka without a gap. The timing can be tricky to armor through, just gotta practice it.

I think the rekka two is around -17 or -18 if the medium delay is not used. If the medium delay is done it's -13 like you said. The medium delay isn't easy to fire off in real matches, so against lesser Alien's, OSing with moves like Mileena's EX roll and Jax's EX overhead dash punch, is still viable.

Alien can just do EX db2 after regular flip on block and you won't be able to break it. EX snag as well.

When you have no meter, if Alien delays the rekkas and you have a character that can't backdash, imo you should block the throw/overhead and backdash the low. The low is 20 frames and since you're just looking for it, or blocking, it's possible to react to it if you buffer. The reason I do this is because with delays, Alien can only be plus off of the low, when fully delayed. I know that's kind of rough. Just throwing the idea out there.

F1 and S1 are actually guaranteed after rekka 2 on hit. It's +15. You can maybe buffer backdash or armor if Alien tries to B3/F4/throw? They could just bait then, so idk.

Alien's weakness is risk/reward. His anti airs are kind of bad too, but not too bad.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Also for anyone curious the characters that can punish overhead flip are:

Full combo:
Jacqui
Jax
Cassie
Kung Lao
Liu Kang
Raiden
Shinnok

d1/poke:
Bo Rai Cho
Ermac
Goro
Ferra/Torr (Lackey)
Jason (can punish with d2)
Kitana (depends on range)
Kotal
Leatherface
Mileena
Quan
Kano (up ball)
Reptile (ex slide)
Scorpion

Granted almost all of these are just frame punishes. Only Cassie, Shinnok, Kano, Reptile and Kung Lao can punish with a reversal. If all you get is a poke I probably wouldn't go for it. The window isn't all that tight for a just frame however. With a bit of practice I've been able to consistently punish overhead flip with Jacqui s1 into full combo.

Last edited:

Tweedy

Noob

Full combo:
Jacqui
Jax
Cassie
Kung Lao
Liu Kang
Raiden

d1/poke:
Bo Rai Cho
Ermac
Goro
Ferra/Torr (Lackey)
Kotal
Leatherface
Mileena
Quan
Reptile (ex slide)
Scorpion
Shinnok

Granted almost all of these are just frame punishes. Only Cassie, Reptile and Kung Lao can punish with a reversal. If all you get is a poke I probably wouldn't go for it. The window isn't all that tight for a just frame however. With a bit of practice I've been able to consistently punish overhead flip with Jacqui s1 into full combo.
Kano as well with up ball.

Edit: EX hellsparks as well for Shinnok.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Just curious, can't Tremor's 7 frame f1 punish the move. I know it sounds like just frame but it cannot?
-7 moves can only be punished by 7 frame reversals of 6 frame normals.

This is because specials done as reversals get an extra advantage frame and actually come out 1 frame earlier.

Tweedy

Noob
These were the ones not listed in the OP

And ex hell sparks doesn't have armour.
I don't see a list for punishing regular flip in the OP, but i'll take your word for it.

Edit: Ah okay. I see your edit. Yeah, I looked over it twice. I was thinking that my eyesight was failing.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Great stuff Pig and everyone else involved. Armored option selects.

I hope your not going to get blown up over this. And even if you do. Brush it of and bust out a proper shimmy with your next vid in hand.

Thanks for the tech.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I'm pretty sure Mileena can regular roll through the gap in rekka, if Alien delays it too long making the gap too big
indeed this is true if gap left is big enough just like you mentioned, however on the flip side it is possible for the alien to leave enough of the gap for the reversal normal roll to come out but not be able to low profile the following rekka so you have to be careful about it

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer

Full combo:
Jacqui
Jax
Cassie
Kung Lao
Liu Kang
Raiden
Kano
Shinnok

d1/poke:
Bo Rai Cho
Ermac
Goro
Ferra/Torr (Lackey)
Kotal
Leatherface
Mileena
Quan
Reptile (ex slide)
Scorpion

Granted almost all of these are just frame punishes. Only Cassie, Shinnok, Kano, Reptile and Kung Lao can punish with a reversal. If all you get is a poke I probably wouldn't go for it. The window isn't all that tight for a just frame however. With a bit of practice I've been able to consistently punish overhead flip with Jacqui s1 into full combo.
Wouldn't Tanya be able to punish with Ex teleport forward then?