What's new

Question - Quan Chi How do I fight this character?

Wiimas

Noob
Hey guys, I am a Mileena main and I can not for the life of me fight Quan Chi. I don't know if it's just the matchup or me, but they mix me up, get me in to the corner and do the same trance combo. When ever I get the chance to block mid combo I always get the mix up wrong and than they rinse and repeat. I was just wondering if anyone educated on Quan Chi could help me how on how to deal with him?

DarkFire*

Your halo is mine.
Well until March 1st, just remember that ex rune is +14 in block, so B3 is guaranteed, you're forced to block it. If you think he's gonna do B2 instead, then you can backdash or armor out before the B2 hits you and it'll either whiff or the armor will chew it up and you get a full combo.

Also remember anything he does after B3 is punishable, whether it's canceling it into a rune or doing part or all of the string (B321 I think)

There's other little things here and there, but those are the most important to keep in mind IMO and when you knock him down go to town unless he has X ray lol

dwz_mk9

I could do this all day...
Best way to beat Quan is to pray... lol

On a serious note, I'm not too familiar with Mileena's game plan but someone on some thread said this about the character and it makes perfect sense. "It's either steam roll or get steam rolled." You basically have to get in his face, use all the mix-ups your character has and not let up because if he lands a hit "ONE" time, you could potentially lose all of your life as I'm sure you have noticed. That is unless you're playing against warlock and then you have to bait a wakeup. Thankfully warlock doesn't have the unlimited fountain of offense so it somewhat balances out.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Use b12 to bully him up close. His pokes are kind of shit so she can kind of abuse it. Be mindful of his meter. If he has a bar be cautious when playing footsies because his b2 can jail into ex rune. If he doesn't have a bar then his neutral is a lot less scary because he can't make a lot of his stuff safe. At full screen you got slowly make your way in. You could make the read and telekick but against someone like Quan you really don't want to be put in the blender so I would recommend playing much safer. You can also buffer telekick to make it easier to react to his skulls. That's how I play the matchup with mileena but you should also work on stuff like your punishes, blowing up his gaps in his strings, and just getting used to blocking his hard to block ables

Wow, only one person giving actual advice and rest of you wasting your time for nonsense replies.

My good friend mains mileena and when i see him play against quan chi, he does b12 d3 21 and throws him a lot. He doesnt roll or teleport of go back full screen. He only rolls after he hit confirms f12b4 or b12.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Hey guys, I am a Mileena main and I can not for the life of me fight Quan Chi. I don't know if it's just the matchup or me, but they mix me up, get me in to the corner and do the same trance combo. When ever I get the chance to block mid combo I always get the mix up wrong and than they rinse and repeat. I was just wondering if anyone educated on Quan Chi could help me how on how to deal with him?
I actually would go into @YOMI RM SaltFace twitch and ask him for some pointers there. he's been doing some lesson type streams and I'm pretty sure he'd throw some knowledge your way man .

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
just wait for the nerf, its so close... and then get familiar with what to punish him after.... i understand where you are coming from... loops are braindead, i would be ok with it if everyone had them, and this was a race to first hit game, but its not and not everyone on the cast has that shit, i will admit many characters have thier dirt, but this specific one pisses me of.

i here Trance and Rune are getting the nerf, and im sad and glad at the same time.. id rather every other character be brought up to his level but i guess mk has never worked that way.. it has always favored a select few in the cast.

vottom line, im sure that loop will be gone after patch. he will still be strong after they find out how to use him in a different way... he will still have an unreactible OH and LOW, and a full screen Trance, and runes that are full screen.. and at least 1 or 2 rotations of oh+low but the startup of it being hit may take that away and they might have to be carful when throwing out OH into low bat for once.. instead of just mashing that shit out over and over...

it makes me sad cuz i want all characters to be S+-A+ tier, but since it wouldnt be fair for a few to bethere while the others lag behind, im glad that its being corrected.

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
I actually would go into @YOMI RM SaltFace twitch and ask him for some pointers there. he's been doing some lesson type streams and I'm pretty sure he'd throw some knowledge your way man .
He actually went over this matchup a few days ago.

Here you go OP: http://www.twitch.tv/saltyquinn/v/37299194 *Go to like the 54 minute mark or so*

Also, coming to a character's forum asking how to beat said character will never get you serious replies - just come to the Mileena forum though grabbing some lube vs Quan is pretty damn true if he spaces you out.

Wiimas

Noob
Thanks everybody for the suggestions! I'm starting to get a little better against him, I still need some more practice but your suggestions really helped.

AeWhole

Noob
Nerf wont help you. Guess and hope for the best. If you are talking about Summoner hope you guess right. Warlock, be prepared to guess on knockdown
Not even that really. Roll and teleport a lot. Online it's difficult to punish. Also just stay in Quan's face and block low until a two hit rune. Then back dash. You'll get out of most of his pressure.

Tweedy

Noob
You just gotta win the neutral and hope that he never recovers. He really forces you to execute your pressure and combos. If you mess up one time leading to a hit for Quan, the match could be over.

Make sure you don't let him get away with anything that's punishable. Normal rune, B3, anything in the B3 string, etc.

Something cheeky that I always do... When I see his standing one, I go into my S1 combo, or any normal I have that's fast, that leads into a combo, or I armor. When I play Quan's on ranked or in a tournament, they almost always stagger S1 into overhead or grab right away. This obviously won't continue to work in a long set, but it seems like Quan's never start with the actual string(12), in that little mind game.