What's new

Question How do I deal with brain dead players?

How do I deal with scorpion spammers? I fought one person who hell fire, d2, spear when I jump. I fought another one who spammed the teleport and every time I go for a punish it whiffs.

Every time I go on player match I fight bmashers, so I never learn anything from players or match ups. The hype for this game needs to die....

How do I deal with the bullshit guys? How do I get prepare for the bull shit spammers that I am not used to seeing?

Is there a place on the forums I can find good people to play/learn with?

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Sounds like you just need to improve your fundamentals. It doesn't matter what level fighter your up against, if you don't punish someone for doing something there is no reason for them to respect your defense.

ANY level Scorpion will spam teleports and demons on you all day if they see that you aren't properly punishing.

Practice run blocking to close gaps, go to training mode and practice punishes for problem moves, improve your ability to bait out stuff you want to punish. It just takes time. If you lose consistently to non- fundamentally sound players, you might not be too fundamentally sound yet either.

Last edited:
Sounds like you just need to improve your fundamentals. It doesn't matter what level fighter your up against, if you don't punish someone for doing something there is no reason for them to respect your defense.

ANY level Scorpion will spam teleports and demons on you all day if they see that you aren't properly punishing.

Practice run blocking to close gaps, go to training mode and practice punishes for problem moves, improve your ability to bait out stuff you want to punish. It just takes time. If you lose consistently to non- fundamentally sound players, you might not be too fundamentally sound yet either yet.

It drives me crazy because I know how to over come it and I still lose, and I run block a lot because I play Kung Jin but I understand. I am in the lab right now practicing with Jason. I guess I lose my mental focus and mess up.

Only scrubs use the term "spam" and complain about it instead of learning how to deal with it. Thread/.
I don't call zoners spammers and being rude is good advice?
I used the term spamming because he was doing it often and the word brain dead because they bmash,

I'm not the best player, but won't d2 you to death ;). The best way to get good games is to add the people you fight who do play well, or visit the numerous resources on this site that have a list of active players on each console.
What is with this weird aversion to getting 'd2'd? like, how is this even a thing people complain about? If someone hits you with a d2, then....block maybe? It's not a mixup.

It's like "dam punch spammers! Always hitting the punch button! grrrrr!"

How do I deal with scorpion spammers? I fought one person

who hell fire
It has a ton of startup. Run or jump on reaction

Block it and punish. Or jump less. You have a divekick. That owns d2's since it starts up way quicker.

spear when I jump

Don't jump as much. If he does it and you block. You get a full punish.

I fought another one who spammed the teleport and every time I go for a punish it whiffs.

Block and find a better punish.

Honestly go into training mode. Train what gives you trouble most. Learn optimal punishes.

What is with this weird aversion to getting 'd2'd? like, how is this even a thing people complain about? If someone hits you with a d2, then....block maybe? It's not a mixup.

You guys are right i'm brain dead, stupid, scrub, and shitty.
Thx.

protools27

Rebel without a scene

Well I just mentioned that because it was one of the things the OP listed in he's thread. Notice the ;) face, inplying sarcasm.

Post a video of a match for honest feedback of you can op
I was going to record, but I got salty and threw my controller. I lose my focus after shit start hitting me.
I'm in the lab learning how to deal with this. Though, I might just get insulted for not being as good as others.

I was going to record, but I got salty and threw my controller. I lose my focus after shit start hitting me.
I'm in the lab learning how to deal with this. Though, I might just get insulted for not being as good as others.
Just post up a video, you may get harsh feedback but at least use the information they give you. A lot of people talk up their game here way more then they need to and feel they have to talk down to others. At least you understand you can and want to get better. It IS the internet and TYM is a shittier corner of it. Just remember the worse you think you are the faster you can get better since it is a learning curve and you are on the shallow end right now if I understand you correctly.

BLOOD CAPTAIN X

GT = SIR JAY LEGEND add me on XBL for matches
You know what the OP has a point. I've gotten to the stage now where I can beat the spammers, button mashers and constant jumping.

But I wanna play against someone better than me so I can improve.

I play as Kung Lao (Hat trick variation) I need a real opponent YouTube combo videos, practice mode in seclusion and fighting and beating up on bad players isn't helping me.

I'm not saying I'm some kind of mo God or that I'm even good at the game I'm just saying I'd like to play against someone who is legitimatly better than me, who actually outplays me and is now braindead so I can learn from.