What's new

Question - Acidic How can people defend Acidic's OPnes?

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Just look at this ESL clip... I mean come on.. this is BS. Even on block the damage is out of control. I'm normally a anti-nurf crier but this needs to be addressed... it is total bunk.

http://loopthetube.com/#K9l2wRVtTT4&start=29.169&end=48.204
well alien already did get nerfed.....i don't know the MU myself, but i doubt ill be able to learn it anytime soon because recent update for some reason my connection feels even worse, and a lot of my messages don't always go through...soo all i can really say is learn how the character works, bait him to make mistakes, punish accordingly, take in everything you can to make reads against the player themselves as well.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Acid is dmg on block.. it makes nearly zero difference to his damage output as he is only doing small 15-30% through traditional damge... So even on block the acid + chip is just ludicrous. acid needs to be fixed.. maybe the way the dama stacks or something, as it is the stack that is the problem.

SkyratiK

The game session is no longer available.
They already nerfed his acid damage and to be honest with you its really not even that much. Acid blood does 12 total over time. He needs meter to basically do anything so if you hit a 25% meterless combo into acid blood (since 3% from acid will be added into combo total) you only get 34% assuming they stand in the puddle the entire time. Exo sting, u3 and d4 all do less. U3 /D4 have damage scaling. I mean you basically want to avoid his zoning and combos like you want to do against everyone else lol. He has his weaknesses like everyone else.

Raiderhorn

White Lotus
Acid is dmg on block.. it makes nearly zero difference to his damage output as he is only doing small 15-30% through traditional damge... So even on block the acid + chip is just ludicrous. acid needs to be fixed.. maybe the way the dama stacks or something, as it is the stack that is the problem.
I don't understand what the difference is with his acid and any other sort of projectile or move. The acid DoT does let's say 5%? Many other projectiles or special moves do much more than this and would deal the whole 5% (almost) immediately if it did 5%, while Acid's is just a lot slower over time. I consider getting hit with Alien's acid much like getting hit by multiple projectiles/multiple moves. But because the DoT keeps going slowly and 'bleeds' into new combos instead of dealing all of its damage immediately, everyone panics.

Last edited:

SkyratiK

I don't understand what the difference is with his acid and any other sort of projectile or move. The acid DoT does let's say 5%? Many other projectiles or special moves do much more than this and would deal the whole 5% (almost) immediately if it did 5%, while Acid's is just a lot slower over time. I consider getting hit with Alien's acid much like getting hit by multiple projectiles/multiple moves. But because the DoT keeps going slowly and 'bleeds' into new combos instead of dealing all of its damage immediately, everyone panics.
Acid Blood dot is 10% if they're in the puddle the whole time. It does 12% total with 2% initial damage and 1% self damage to alien.

Jynks

also the big thing is that it is stackable. You can combo even on block into 2 puddles and god pity you if you got hit a few times with acid tail as well before. you can easily melt nearly all your life on block. If it was nurffed it wasn't nuffed enough. It is just insane damage and of course it is unblockable damage.

SkyratiK

I labed him a little today and that ish is ridiculous. Exo Sting should be changed from .10% damage to .03%. Acid Blood should be taken down to .10%. And for damn sure his overhead flip in all variations should not be safe on block.
Exo sting does a total of 8% so thats not really op in any way shape or form. Acid blood only does 12% if they remain in the puddle the entire time which is highly unlikely, realistically in match combos you probably get the initial 2% + maybe half of the dot so like 7%? How is this even unfair?

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Its sonic fox and i dont like it that hes using acidic cuz sonic can make anyone look OP . Alien have hard time vs characters with good pressure or good zoners so how he is op ? Its not like hes millena and have zero bad mu's.

Please pick acidic and go play good piercing millena , a-list cage ,kitana,or hqt pred .... then come back and tell me hes OP.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
his meterless overhead flip should remain -7 like it is, just like reptiles flip, just like takeda's flip....
Alien's is a lot faster though. Often times you can react to Reptile's and Takeda's flip pretty well, while Alien's isn't really reactable at 18 frames. As such it gives him great mixup opportunities.

SkyratiK

also the big thing is that it is stackable. You can combo even on block into 2 puddles and god pity you if you got hit a few times with acid tail as well before. you can easily melt nearly all your life on block. If it was nurffed it wasn't nuffed enough. It is just insane damage and of course it is unblockable damage.
Yes it's stackable, but any dot from u3/d4 will be scaled. The initial damage is always scaled in combos. So lets say for example you do his vortex. B11u4, b11u4, f23~ex crawl, f23~acid blood. That does 33%, that total includes the initial damage of acid blood (2%) and 1% of the dot, leaving anywhere from 1-9% additional dot depending on how long they remain in the puddle. Lets say you follow that with b11~acid blood and it hits. That only will do an additional 8% plus anywhere from 1-9% again. Any follow up after acid blood usually removes them from the pool causing less damage. If you lose a guess in a vortex against anyone else you will take a lot more than that.

Jynks

Yes it's stackable, but any dot from u3/d4 will be scaled. The initial damage is always scaled in combos. So lets say for example you do his vortex. B11u4, b11u4, f23~ex crawl, f23~acid blood. That does 33%, that total includes the initial damage of acid blood (2%) and 1% of the dot, leaving anywhere from 1-9% additional dot depending on how long they remain in the puddle. Lets say you follow that with b11~acid blood and it hits. That only will do an additional 8% plus anywhere from 1-9% again. Any follow up after acid blood usually removes them from the pool causing less damage. If you lose a guess in a vortex against anyone else you will take a lot more than that.
Are you sure that is correct, as I do not think it is. DoT damage is not scaled I do not think and it dose the same damage on block as it dose on hit. You can easily do a 28% combo in the corner that takes over 50% life, using 2 puddles and tail hits. Still even on block the damage is crazy. So say Kung Lau dose his block pressure in the courner you take small damage, but with Alien you take crazy damage. Kind of like caltrops, but imagine you could put 2 sets of them down instead of one. And of course there is the other acid adds as well.

SkyratiK

Never said it was "unfair" or "op" only said the ish is ridiculous. Just suggesting a bit of a decrease in Acid's damage scaling. Chill mate.

phuck it, nerf them too. :DOGE
I'm plenty chill.. this is a discussion forum is it not?

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Never said it was "unfair" or "op" only said the ish is ridiculous. Just suggesting a bit of a decrease in Acid's damage scaling. Chill mate.

phuck it, nerf them too. :DOGE
the thread is titled "acidic is OP" and you responded "i labbed him today and he is ridiculous he needs nerfs"

its not exactly like you are being taken out of context here.

SkyratiK

Are you sure that is correct, as I do not think it is. DoT damage is not scaled I do not think and it dose the same damage on block as it dose on hit. You can easily do a 28% combo in the corner that takes over 50% life, using 2 puddles and tail hits. Still even on block the damage is crazy. So say Kung Lau dose his block pressure in the courner you take small damage, but with Alien you take crazy damage. Kind of like caltrops, but imagine you could put 2 sets of them down instead of one. And of course there is the other acid adds as well.
I thought I said in combos. Sorry. Dot is not scaled but u3/d1 suffer scaling if used in combos. Both the initial damage and dot. There's a more detailed section containing all of the damage info in the acidic guide.

SkyratiK

Increase the health loss to 5%
Thats just too much. We might as well make all of the good specials In MKX deal self damage. Maybe lao's hat could fly off during spin so you cant use it for the round. Why is everyone so eager to nerf and kill alien rather than learning how to deal with him? I agree with maybe making the stack damage less, maybe instead of .5 ticks on the 2nd acid blood maybe doing .3 but I really don't think we need to completely kill another one of his varations yet. Most of his strings are either really slow, unsafe, or both. He does have a relatively hard time dealing with zoning and he isnt too great against pressure characters. Instead of asking for a nerf look at his weaknesses and find a way to exploit them.