What's new

Horror Movie Fighting Game on Steam Greenlight - Clash of the Monsters, Please Vote!

Hello TYM. You may remember me as a very active member of the TYM forums and MK9 tournament scene. I wanted to let you know about a new fighting game that is on Steam Greenlight at the moment.

We really need your ‘YES’ vote on Steam Greenlight!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=541345808&searchtext=clash monsters

About two years ago, Storms made a TYM frontage announcement about 'Clash of the Monsters’, a game that I was beginning work on at that time. It had quite a reception on TYM, and a small Kickstarter for the game successfully funded!

So what is Clash of the Monsters?

CotM is a 3D fighting game featuring a classic lineup of characters from both horror film and horror novel history.

The first eight announced playable characters are:

-The Phantom of the Opera
-Nosferatu (Count Orlock)
-Headless Horseman
-Ichabod Crane
-Living Dead
-Bride of Dracula
-Bones (CotM original character)
-Invisible Man

There are also at least twelve other characters in the works as we speak.

The game is feature complete, and is now undergoing a giant art and polish pass. But while we work on the art polish, we wanted to at least show you a small snippet of the game as it stands.

Please give us your ‘YES’ vote on steam! Thanks so much everyone!

Now, here is a general FAQ to answer some questions you may have about the game.

How close is CotM to being Greenlit on Steam?
-Currently we have 71% of the votes that we need. We need your help to get us closer to 100%!

Is this legal? Many of the characters are copyrighted!
-While many of the characters in the game are indeed copyrighted, we do have the proper license to use each such character!

What type of controls does CotM have?
-CotM feels very similar to MK in regards to the controls with two punches and two kicks. However, we use SF style back-to-block.

Is this the final look of the game?
-No. We are working full time on art and polish as we speak.

-Is anyone testing balance?
Yes! Both Krayzie and PBoardPlayer from the MK tournament scene both have access to early versions of the game and are giving us their thoughts on balance and play!

-Can we help test the game?
If there are enough people from TYM interested helping us balance and play test - then I would love to find a way to have all of you help with the process (including credit in the game as a tester)!

-Which game engine is CotM made with?
Unity 5.

-Didn’t this game start our as a 2D project?
Yes - If you were following the game a couple years ago you probably know that the game was being made in my own 2D engine. It became very apparent early on that what I had in mind for the game was never going to be possible with that tech. So with that, I made the decision to port the game to Unity.

Please let me know if you have any other questions at all. I would love to answer anything that you have in mind.

Again, thanks so much for reading. If you could spare a few seconds to give us a ‘YES’ vote on your Steam account, it would go a long way.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=541345808&searchtext=clash monsters

I will leave you with a few screenshots below. Thanks all!

Adam ‘CaliMaestro’ Smith

Attachments

ooh I didn't see this the first time around!

I voted to help greenlight it! Good luck @CaliMaestro !
bump

This is awesome
Thanks so much, @Pig Of The Hut !

I am sooooo glad to see that you are supportive of my little project, you have no idea how much I appreciate it! Is there any possible way to get this front paged? Any traffic at all that I can get to the Greenlight page would be awesome.

The project is doing really well on Greenlight thus far, and with just a little bit of help it will be well on its way to being greenlit.

Thanks again!

Adam

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Thanks so much, @Pig Of The Hut !

I am sooooo glad to see that you are supportive of my little project, you have no idea how much I appreciate it! Is there any possible way to get this front paged? Any traffic at all that I can get to the Greenlight page would be awesome.

The project is doing really well on Greenlight thus far, and with just a little bit of help it will be well on its way to being greenlit.

Thanks again!

Adam
Every time I have good #s on my stream starting this Sunday night I'm gonna advertise this and motivate people to vote

Love projects like this and living vicariously a dream through you and your team's hard work

I look forward to playing

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.
I'm for sure interested in play testing if you would allow me to, also voted yes with my 4 accounts :p

Apologia X

Trump 2020
Awesome idea, but I hope you guys work on the gameplay and graphics a lot more. I know you said this isn't the final product so I hope it improves a lot more. Can't wait to try it out.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Hello TYM,

You may remember me as a very active member of the TYM forums and MK9 tournament scene. I wanted to let you know about a new fighting game that is on Steam Greenlight at the moment.

We really need your ‘YES’ vote on Steam Greenlight!

About two years ago, Storms made a TYM frontage announcement about 'Clash of the Monsters’, a game that I was beginning work on at that time. It had quite a reception on TYM, and a small Kickstarter for the game successfully funded!

So what is Clash of the Monsters?

CotM is a 3D fighting game featuring a classic lineup of characters form both horror film and horror novel history.

The first eight announced playable characters are:

-The Phantom of the Opera
-Nosferatu (Count Orlock)
-Headless Horseman
-Ichabod Crane
-Living Dead
-Bride of Dracula
-Bones (CotM original character)
-Invisible Man

There are also at least twelve other characters in the works as we speak.

The game is feature complete, and is now undergoing a giant art and polish pass. But while we work on the art polish, we wanted to at least show you a small snippet of the game as it stands.

Please give us your ‘YES’ vote on steam! Thanks so much everyone!

Now, here is a general FAQ to answer some questions you may have about the game.

How close is CotM to being Greenlit on Steam?
-Currently we have 71% of the votes that we need. We need your help to get us closer to 100%!

Is this legal? Many of the characters are copyrighted!
-While many of the characters in the game are indeed copyrighted, we do have the proper license to use each such character!

What type of controls does CotM have?
-CotM feels very similar to MK in regards to the controls with two punches and two kicks. However, we use SF style back-to-block

Is this the final look of the game?
-No. We are working full time on art and polish as we speak.

-Is anyone testing balance?
Yes! Both Krayzie and PBoardPlayer from the MK tournament scene both have access to early versions of the game and are giving us their thoughts on balance and play!

-Can we help test the game?
If there are enough people from TYM interested helping us balance and play test - then I would love to find a way to have all of you help with the process (including credit in the game as a tester)!

-Which game engine is CotM made with?
Unity 5.

-Didn’t this game start our as a 2D project?
Yes - if you were following the game a couple years ago you probably know that the game was being made in my own 2D engine. It became very apparent early on that what I had in mind for the game was never going to be possible with that tech. So with that, I made the decision to port the game over to Unity.

Please let me know if you have any other questions at all. I would love to answer anything that you have in mind.

Again, thanks so much for reading. If you could spare a few seconds to give us a ‘YES’ vote on your Steam account, it would go a long way.

I will leave you with a few screenshots below. Thanks all!

Adam ‘CaliMaestro’ Smith

Yes'd it. Keep up the good work.

Hi guys... WOW! I am so very grateful for the amount of action this thread is getting tonight. The Greenlight campaign is doing fantastic at the moment as well. Many votes have come through tonight, let's keep it going!

I am going to begin responding to all of the feedback and questions right now!

I'll vote it if you promise me to include a female character that doesn't start with "Bride of"
There are definitely female non-bride characters in the pipeline! Very recognizable ones!

ooh I didn't see this the first time around!

I voted to help greenlight it! Good luck @CaliMaestro !
Thanks, Chef! Long time no see btw... I am down in SoCal quite a bit these days. Next time I am down we should hang!

Every time I have good #s on my stream starting this Sunday night I'm gonna advertise this and motivate people to vote

Love projects like this and living vicariously a dream through you and your team's hard work

I look forward to playing
This. Is. Awesome. =)

I'm for sure interested in play testing if you would allow me to, also voted yes with my 4 accounts :p
Thank you x4!

In regard to the play testing offer - I am getting a multitude of PMs in regard to this. I will definitely work to make this available to all of TYM. Tomorrow I plan to write a specific update about this.

This game was actually inspired by the TYM community. Back in the MK9 days when I was heavily involved in the tournament scene, I met so many wonderful people from all over the world through TYM. I always had it in mind that if the TYM community wanted to be a part of the testing process, then that is the least I could do for the community =)

Id love to test if you ever need anybody else to!
I would never say no to the king! I will certainly take you up on this, and will PM you tomorrow.

Awesome idea, but I hope you guys work on the gameplay and graphics a lot more. I know you said this isn't the final product so I hope it improves a lot more. Can't wait to try it out.
Gameplay and graphics are the only thing being worked on right now. I have been working around the clock the last two years to get the core mechanics in place, and am now working on refining the polish.

We have a ways to go obviously, but we plan on supporting this game for years to come. There are going to be constant tweaks and optimizations to the polish of the game for quite some time.

Looks good but have you seen terrordrome?
Of course - I am quite a fan!

There is a giant difference between what they have done and what we are doing though. We have legally licensed all of the characters in our game that have copyright protection. We are working directly with members of the horror genre royalty - such as Ron Chaney from Chaney Entertainment. Ron is the grandson of Lon Chaney Jr. (the Wolf Man) and great-grandson of the Lon Chaney Sr. (the Phantom of the Opera). It is quite a thrill for me to be working directly with such amazing people to bring CotM to life!

I just voted yes on steam, can't wait to play, need to upgrade my rig too.
We can't wait to let you play!

Just voted yes good work.
Will there be other horror movie monsters added?
Oh yes, indeed! There are many more monsters (and heroes) from the silver screen still be announced!

Thanks everyone for your feedback so far. We are so appreciative for the support. This game has been a labor of love, and I cannot express how it makes me feel to see the warm reception from all of you.

Adam

As someone who codes from time to time and wishes to publish games in the future, this is very inspirational. I like the graphics so far but its great to hear you're going to even further improve them