What's new

HMK #32

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
It's been a while since a regular show but we're back to discuss the recent ongoings in MKX and what's coming up. Usual stuff is below along with a bonus segment :D

MP3 Version

Start - Esl overview.
30:00 - Derptile tier list discussion.
56:00 - Showing and hiding tech discussion. How does it affect the game?
1:05:30 - Personal regrets in MKX tournament life.
1:14:00 - If your mains best variation was deleted from the game but you can take one tool from that variation for the two to gain what would it be and how would it affect your characters standing.
1:20:00 - Has MKX exposed the vast majority of players for actually needing over powered tools despite many claiming to want everything to be fair?
1:34:00 - Saying a character is bad and using arbitrary moves and frame data to back it up rather than looking at the characters overall viability.
1:40:00 - Alien banning madness.
1:45:00 - Chocolate bar tier list discussion (really).

@TheGabStandard @PND_Ketchup @PND_Mustard @ChatterBox @Phosferrax @Undeadjim @PND i2 Gaug3 @GiM | ZigZag @st9rm @Scott The Scot @Youphemism @Paul the Octopus @UsedForGlue @PunkMafia83 @Klesk_1 @1man3letters @STRYKIE @SneakyTortoise @ENDeverMORE @xZoro @rubmytaco @Matix218 @G4S J360 @The Bearded Dan @JustinXavier21 @IrishMantis

Attachments

Last edited:

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
just got past the esl starter bit.
can we consider it a blow up to the people who didnt put @IrishMantis on team EU in the US/EU 10 v 10 thread while ago and yet he gets 4th seed in esl?

i think the cis esl thing is weird, the fact that cis get 1 guaranteed person in eu top 8 from a separate tourny yet still be able to play in the main eu one is bit confusing to me.

my 1st esl experience was the textbook on everything that could go wrong, 300+ ping matches, underaged people, people reporting wrong scores, people not showing up haha still very fun though

also "clutch hard to blockable" lmfao

Matix218

Get over here!
just got past the esl starter bit.
can we consider it a blow up to the people who didnt put @IrishMantis on team EU in the US/EU 10 v 10 thread while ago and yet he gets 4th seed in esl?

i think the cis esl thing is weird, the fact that cis get 1 guaranteed person in eu top 8 from a separate tourny yet still be able to play in the main eu one is bit confusing to me.

my 1st esl experience was the textbook on everything that could go wrong, 300+ ping matches, underaged people, people reporting wrong scores, people not showing up haha still very fun though

also "clutch hard to blockable" lmfao
Wow, I have been lucky with my ESL experience. Never had a match above 100-110 ping at worst, never had to wait long for a match, pretty much always played known tym/tournament players, never had an issue with match score reporting or lying, etc.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Wow, I have been lucky with my ESL experience. Never had a match above 100-110 ping at worst, never had to wait long for a match, pretty much always played known tym/tournament players, never had an issue with match score reporting or lying, etc.
Yeah Letters had everything bad happen to him that you possibly think of its hilarious haha

Gonna give this a listen now

IrishMantis

BTW Phosferrax hates this game lol I guess he's the Achilles heel to spice it up and when everybody agrees with each other too much

IrishMantis

What match in ESL top 8 did I use my HTB to win?

In the Madzin, Stosn and Foxy week I didn't use it once (didn't get a chance to use it)

P.S SD is hype, pretty colours everywhere

I also agree with the lack of interest part, I just think the reason is due to a fatigue and dealing with this same bullshit over and over it gets exhausting, that's my take on it.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Great show guys, really enjoyed this one. Definitely a good listen.

------ CHOCO-TALK --------------
  • Galaxy belongs in top tier.
  • They need to add Thorntons Fabulous Fudge and add it to god tier.
  • Kit Kat goes to god titer. If made chunky it transcends any tier list potentially.
  • Toblerone is absolutely in meh tier.
  • Add any Cookie & Cream chocolate bars need to be added to the list and added to god tier.
  • Aero chocolate moves up to meh tier.
  • Curly Wurly is fine where it is.
  • Mars is undoubtedly top tier.
  • Flake needs to be bumped into mid tier. But it is nulified by the Ripple.
  • Freddo is mid tier.
  • Dairy Milk is a fundementally sound chocolate bar. It is the Ryu of chocolate bars. Top tier for sure.
  • Milky Bars need to be added and are in god tier. No question.
  • Add Milky Way and make it top tier.
  • Kinder Bueno is in mid tier for sure, but I haven't had one in years I used to think they were illegally good.
  • The 20p fudge bars are really good but still I'd put them in mid tier.
  • Snickers are absolutely shite tier or not on the list (preferably).
  • Anything with mint, coconut, orange or chunks of nuts or peanut flavour is just bad.
The worst chocolate bar is EASILY, and I can't stress that easily enough, the Bounty. It just sucks.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
These are always great, will listen to it soon. Please tag me in the next!
Sure thing man.

Great show guys, really enjoyed this one. Definitely a good listen.

------ CHOCO-TALK --------------
  • Galaxy belongs in top tier.
  • They need to add Thorntons Fabulous Fudge and add it to god tier.
  • Kit Kat goes to god titer. If made chunky it transcends any tier list potentially.
  • Toblerone is absolutely in meh tier.
  • Add any Cookie & Cream chocolate bars need to be added to the list and added to god tier.
  • Aero chocolate moves up to meh tier.
  • Curly Wurly is fine where it is.
  • Mars is undoubtedly top tier.
  • Flake needs to be bumped into mid tier. But it is nulified by the Ripple.
  • Freddo is mid tier.
  • Dairy Milk is a fundementally sound chocolate bar. It is the Ryu of chocolate bars. Top tier for sure.
  • Milky Bars need to be added and are in god tier. No question.
  • Add Milky Way and make it top tier.
  • Kinder Bueno is in mid tier for sure, but I haven't had one in years I used to think they were illegally good.
  • The 20p fudge bars are really good but still I'd put them in mid tier.
  • Snickers are absolutely shite tier or not on the list (preferably).
  • Anything with mint, coconut, orange or chunks of nuts or peanut flavour is just bad.
The worst chocolate bar is EASILY, and I can't stress that easily enough, the Bounty. It just sucks.
Scott confirmed real fan :D

I'll even let the comment about Bounty Bars slide :eek:

I completely forgot about Fudge bars though. I think I'd put them above mid, for 20p they straight up body every other kind of chocolate in that price range and even contend with some more expensive options.

Scott The Scot

Sure thing man.

Scott confirmed real fan :D

I'll even let the comment about Bounty Bars slide :eek:

I completely forgot about Fudge bars though. I think I'd put them above mid, for 20p they straight up body every other kind of chocolate in that price range and even contend with some more expensive options.
I feel that each bite of a Fudge is disappointing because it's so good but it's so small, and if you try to simply take a larger bite then your next bite will finish the bar and be tiny. It's good for one bite. The actual product itself is just amazing, super tasty.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Of course the Scottish guy thinks Mars is top tier.

Man the dairy milk is just too plain, it's so over rated when it's on it's own. It's like eggs; they go great with different things but on their own aren't anyone's first call.

Scott The Scot

It's not what the Scottish lad thinks, it's what the Mars Bar IS.

Dairy Milk is definitely plain. But it doesn't make it bad. Eggs are bad just on their own. That's why Dairy Milk is the Ryu of chocolate bars :)

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
It's not what the Scottish lad thinks, it's what the Mars Bar IS.

Dairy Milk is definitely plain. But it doesn't make it bad. Eggs are bad just on their own. That's why Dairy Milk is the Ryu of chocolate bars :)
Ryu is top tier lol, plain Diary Milk is not good sir. Why would you ever go for that instead of a galaxy bar on its own?

Scott The Scot

Ryu is top tier lol, plain Diary Milk is not good sir. Why would you ever go for that instead of a galaxy bar on its own?
Yeah I know he is in SFV but I'm saying Ryu generally is basic but has everything to be solid, like a Dairy Milk. I'd never choose it over a Galaxy lol. Galaxy is top notch man.