What's new

Strategy Hit confirming F3

Vagrant

Noob
This is something I see a lot of players not doing and it gets people blown up.

I'll just keep it short and simple.

-Do your f3.

-Expect them to block and get ready to do a mixup

-If you see it hit you have time to mentally confirm and juggle with 1 into 323 12 flip instead of your mixup.

Most people juggle with j2 after f3 but the j2 window doesn't really give you the time you need to hitconfirm, you have to guess. Once in a while if your really on point you can confirm with j2 but standing 1 will give you consistency and the damage difference is really small.

Practice this in training with the dummy on random block.

Vagrant

Noob
That's a dropped combo, there's no reason he'd go for an early - as hell J2 if he hadn't confirmed it.
Yeah which is why I made the thread.

people aren't confirming they're guessing and it's costing them.

It's super consistent with standing 1 which is why I suggest people just use that

Edit: just to clarify. Nitti did confirm and just hit the j2 too late. I see alot of other players just guess and hold j2 immediately after doing an f3

Last edited:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yeah which is why I made the thread.

people aren't confirming they're guessing and it's costing them.

It's super consistent with standing 1 which is why I suggest people just use that
What I'm saying is he's not guessing, he hit confirmed the F3 into j2 323 but he dropped the combo.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Is that why I see Slips go for standing 1 after F3? I've never had any problems with it.

Vagrant

Noob
What I'm saying is he's not guessing, he hit confirmed the F3 into j2 323 but he dropped the combo.
No your right.

He confirmed and did the j2 too late.

Which is why I say just use standing 1 after you see the f3 hit. It gives you a much larger window to confirm and continue your combo.

RM Truth

The dropped combo could be a result of him not confirming it fast enough. Both concepts go hand and hand.

Matix218

Get over here!
This is something I see a lot of players not doing and it gets people blown up.

I'll just keep it short and simple.

-Do your f3.

-Expect them to block and get ready to do a mixup

-If you see it hit you have time to mentally confirm and juggle with 1 into 323 12 flip instead of your mixup.

Most people juggle with j2 after f3 but the j2 window doesn't really give you the time you need to hitconfirm, you have to guess. Once in a while if your really on point you can confirm with j2 but standing 1 will give you consistency and the damage difference is really small.

Practice this in training with the dummy on random block.
wait Vagrant, what do you mean that the j2 window doesnt give you the time you need to hit confirm? Are you referring to online?? I am not even good at tight timing hit confirms at all and I use J2 in my f3 combos every time and have never had an issue with it being something that you need to guess at?

IMO the j2 after 132 is way harder to time than after a hit confirmed f3, maybe its just me...

Vagrant

Noob
wait Vagrant, what do you mean that the j2 window doesnt give you the time you need to hit confirm? Are you referring to online?? I am not even good at tight timing hit confirms at all and I use J2 in my f3 combos every time and have never had an issue with it being something that you need to guess at?
Well ok then I guess you have better reactions than me and slips. I think it's tough to go from

"ok they're gonna block this and I'll do this mixup"
"oh ok it hit them instead"
" I'll j2 into full combo"

It's easy if you know the f3 will hit. Expecting it to get blocked and to do a mixup, and then making the mental adjustment in time to not do the mixup and then hit the j2 window isn't easy enough for me or slips to use over standing 1.

RM Truth

What about going into a J3 after a blocked F3? You can commit yourself to a jump after F3, and confirm if it was blocked or hit mid jump, then do J3 or J2 respectively.

ryublaze

Noob
You can hold up+forward after f3 and if they block you can just let go and you won't jump. If it hits then you'll jump and you can confirm and press 2. In training mode u can set the AI to random block and be able to do this. I think it's easier to do than hit confirming b22...

But really I think standing 1 is the way to go, not only is it easier to hit confirm, but sometimes f3 will cross up randomly (even midscreen) so you might accidently jump the wrong way which is why standing 1 is more consistent.

EDIT: Also if you want to switch sides you can dash under then standing 1 or d2, 323 12/f23 flip. (but this is actually really hard to hit confirm)

Last edited:

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
As a non DS player, I believe what Vagrant is saying is that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

If you can hit it 100 percent of the time, then more power to ya. Go nuts. But if you feel like you drop it, standing 1 seems to be a viable alternative.

Matix218

Get over here!
Well ok then I guess you have better reactions than me and slips. I think it's tough to go from

"ok they're gonna block this and I'll do this mixup"
"oh ok it hit them instead"
" I'll j2 into full combo"

It's easy if you know the f3 will hit. Expecting it to get blocked and to do a mixup, and then making the mental adjustment in time to not do the mixup and then hit the j2 window isn't easy enough for me or slips to use over standing 1.
I was not understanding what you were saying

You are saying that if you do f3 then commit to the immediate mixup and the f3 happens to hit after you are already starting the b1/b2 mixup that it is easier to use standing 1 in the combo. I guess that makes sense maybe I am wrong. I doubt my reactions are any better than yours or slips

ryublaze

Noob
HC 1 , 323 , F23 x Flip
or
HC D2 , J2 , 323 , 12 x Flip does the same damage but more swag. Doing D2 also gives you access to J3 , 123 ender
This actually might be my new BnB. :confused: That combo has more wall carry than the other combo, and it ends with 12 flip so you can dash up and go for a mix-up. Plus, it has swag. :cool:

(and i think you meant, f3, d2, ji3, 323, 12 xx flip)

@Vagrant @DS players Thoughts?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
This actually might be my new BnB. :confused: That combo has more wall carry than the other combo, and it ends with 12 flip so you can dash up and go for a mix-up. Plus, it has swag. :cool:

(and i think you meant, f3, d2, ji3, 323, 12 xx flip)

@Vagrant @DS players Thoughts?
It is assumed the F3 was done. Thus the Hit-Confirm. And yea I meant J3

mVp_Ryon

Who's coming to Ghana?
that ds player is not good. his mixups from f3 are bad. how about f3 then b1 dfR2 for vortex thats low overhead leadind to another f3 setup meaning another vortex. u can try b2 db3 dR2 thats overhead mid low. batman should barely win against ds imo. that darthama.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
2:42

I see that shit happen all the time to DS players.

i missed it because i suck. no more no less.

that ds player is not good. his mixups from f3 are bad. how about f3 then b1 dfR2 for vortex thats low overhead leadind to another f3 setup meaning another vortex. u can try b2 db3 dR2 thats overhead mid low. batman should barely win against ds imo. that darthama.
i appreciate you giving me advice but what the hell dos dR2 and dfR2 mean

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
So you want us to do f3 into b1-MB F3? Wut

Vagrant

Noob
You don't suck lol. just use 1. no sense in making it harder for yourself. I'm not putting you on blast we all drop shit all the time lol.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
You don't suck lol. just use 1. no sense in making it harder for yourself. I'm not putting you on blast we all drop shit all the time lol.
nah dude ive always had piss poor execution. i understand things but as a player i fall short. i feel like i can tell people how to play my character better than i do