What's new

Question - Grandmaster Having trouble connecting b1 b2 after ice clone shatter, is anybody having trouble ?

XSeregantmajor

"Well hello mr. Fancy pants!" - Bruce Campbell
I'm having trouble doing combos after I shatter the ice clone . is anybody having the same problem ? I'm trying to do back 1 back 2 but the opponent isn't in the air long enough .

llabslb

R1D1_998
Make sure the ice clone is distanced properly (just so sub zero's feet is touching it) then it should be easy.

XSeregantmajor

Make sure the ice clone is distanced properly (just so sub zero's feet is touching it) then it should be easy.
Thanks for the tip! It's working now! Got an easy 38% and I wasn't even close to being over with the combo , I dropped it lol.

XSeregantmajor

For the one I did it's clone ( you want the clone behind you but you want it's feet touching your feet) b1 b2, ice burst, b1 b2 then clone, njp , fjp . That's for the 38% no meter , I'm sure you can add the tundra combo and slide to do more damage . Hopefully I explained that right I'm still getting the hang of the button numbers.

llabslb

R1D1_998
For the one I did it's clone ( you want the clone behind you but you want it's feet touching your feet) b1 b2, ice burst, b1 b2 then clone, njp , fjp . That's for the 38% no meter , I'm sure you can add the tundra combo and slide to do more damage . Hopefully I explained that right I'm still getting the hang of the button numbers.
When you say b1 b2 do you mean b12?

XSeregantmajor

Its 44% meterless if you add the 123 then slide , not too bad but I know we can get higher damage .

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Just tried b12~Ice Burst, d1, 11~Clone, njp, njk. It indeed works, 40%.

The d1 can also be replaced with d3 for the same damage.
d3 has less recovery frames than d1. Twelve recovery frames vs sixteen recovery frames.

Either way, it's all preference.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
The proper time to use a shatter setup as I've found is when you whiff a clone in the corner, the distance where the clone whiff puts you is optimal for almost all shatter combos.
You can initiate the shatter off a lot of starters b12 b33 f33 12 u can even do b2 standing 4 then ice burst.
After you juggle your opponent with the shatter catch them with a standing 1 or d1 then do the regular SZ corner setups.

XSeregantmajor

found a new one if you guys are interested , ice clone fjp, b12, ice burst , d3, d3 b12, clone and from there you can follow it up with 123 slide . would of had a video posted but I wasn't thinking and it's really late and I'm tired from work . If you guys have any combos you would like to share go right ahead and I'll check them out first thing in the morning .

OBS|KH Rattlehead

real life Kenshi of the MK community.
All clone shatter combos are corner combos you cannot combo off a mid screen clone shatter.
You can however use the plus frames the shatter has on hit/block and run in for a 50/50.
Whoa! Didn't know shatter has plus frames on block. Guess I should've checked the frame data on it lol. And makes sense about shatter combos being only in the corner. Thanks for the response!

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Clone combos are practical in a lot of cases.

Clone shatter/ throw can be positive if meaty

Far clone, 12 xx shatter/ b2 xx shatter 50/50 is on point