What's new

Question Have You Ever Seen This Happen Before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
So the biggest WTF moment to befall me during NEC took place an hour after my arrival.
Figure me this...

Me Vs Josh99.
I'm playing Sub-Zero. He's playing Shang Tsung.
At some point in the match, he hits a Soul Steal.
I bait with an Air Clone, he jumps into it. Frozen. Yay.
But then...I jump to knock him down with the NJP into 214 Slide...and I freeze.
He hadnt thrown a Clone. No Freeze. Soul Steal, I Clone, He jumps in, I jump up, I freeze, he thaws.

Can anyone explain this to me?

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
So the biggest WTF moment to befall me during NEC took place an hour after my arrival.
Figure me this...

Me Vs Josh99.
I'm playing Sub-Zero. He's playing Shang Tsung.
At some point in the match, he hits a Soul Steal.
I bait with an Air Clone, he jumps into it. Frozen. Yay.
But then...I jump to knock him down with the NJP into 214 Slide...and I freeze.
He hadnt thrown a Clone. No Freeze. Soul Steal, I Clone, He jumps in, I jump up, I freeze, he thaws.

Can anyone explain this to me?
No but that's awesome. Have you been able to replicate this?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
No but that's awesome. Have you been able to replicate this?
Nope, but Im gonna troll Practice Mode until I can get it to happen again.
I asked Brady about it, and even he looked pretty surprised. For all the glitches already known about in this game, Ive never heard of anything close to this.

How fucked would that be though, if me and Josh accidently stumbled on the next big glitch...

Seapeople

This one's for you
So you did 214~slide. Then did you get frozen at the end of the combo and couldn't move at all? Or literaly frozen by ice?

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
So you did 214~slide. Then did you get frozen at the end of the combo and couldn't move at all? Or literaly frozen by ice?
No, he went to do the NJP and froze when he hit the other player.

Did you ask Josh if he threw a clone? Sometimes the clone is right over the character and you don't see it, I've had something similar happen in a SZ vs CSZ match, I was hit by CSZ ice blast right as I threw a clone, neither of us saw it, and he went to hit me and got frozen.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
No, he went to do the NJP and froze when he hit the other player.

Did you ask Josh if he threw a clone? Sometimes the clone is right over the character and you don't see it, I've had something similar happen in a SZ vs CSZ match, I was hit by CSZ ice blast right as I threw a clone, neither of us saw it, and he went to hit me and got frozen.
Nope, just a morph and the jump into the Clone. We sat there a good minute and stared the TV and each other down like "WTF did we just see??" I really gotta get some time in later to try and recreate it, shouldnt be too hard I hope...

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Nope, just a morph and the jump into the Clone. We sat there a good minute and stared the TV and each other down like "WTF did we just see??" I really gotta get some time in later to try and recreate it, shouldnt be too hard I hope...
I'm still not clear, did he morph into Sub-Zero or not? If he did my money is on Soonk's theory on the clone and character in the same spot. I too have seen that a few times. Maybe he did the clone input without realizing it? Still could be a bug but it sounds more like strange timing/spacing.

Edit: ok I don't know why I missed the word morphed in your post that I quoted. :facepalm: still strange. No idea. I'll keep an eye out for that bug though.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I've had what Soonk said happen before. It sounds to me like that is the case. Maybe Josh inadvertently threw a clone? Have you tried to see if you can negative edge a clone after you "punch" it? Does that even make sense? LOL.
I've had many cases where in a Sub mirror... you'll be nose to nose... and I clone and he ice blasts.... So i'm frozen right on top of the clone... so you can not see it. Funny thing is that Subs exFreeze lasts long enough for him to get frozen... un freeze... and punish.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
It was totally nuts. He definitely didnt throw a clone, though, I was keeping an eye on it because I was thinking he was gonna try the same thing and bait me into the jump, but if he had, it wouldve pushed him back and kept him out, and the two clones wouldve just stayed on top of each other. Although theres always the chance he did put in the input and made an invisible Clone...this is MK, after all. Zombie Kitanas and such, lol.

If it is a glitch, Idk if it was on Sub's part or Shang, I've gotta test them both out. It'd kind of make sense if it was just a one-off WTF moment because of his Morph properties, but if it's consistent, that would not bode well. Nope.
Cant wait to get home and see the results...

Status
Not open for further replies.