Question - Goro Goro's best variation?

Which Goro variation is the best?

• Tigrar

• Kuatan warrior

• Dragon fang

Results are only viewable after voting.

IROC

WP IROC
Dragon fangs for me. Has a special the others dont that is decently long string. Also an armored pop up when ex.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm a fan of Kuatan, but I blow with Goro, so just ignore me...

I wasn't blown away by Tigrar, and Dragon Fang has that awesome +6 poke, but some of it's moves seem redundant. I liked Kuatan mainly for the pound and chest bump (that chest bump is great for putting your opponent in the corner while escaping, and MB ground pound is just free damage).

Gamer68

Fujin!
I like Kuatan Warrior the best. The ground pound is great for breaking someone's defense, but the enhanced version is even better as it does more hits and keeps them standing. Good for pressure. The chest charge is great because it's fast, moves you forward, and if it hits it switches positions. Good for getting out of the corner/putting someone in the corner, I guess.

Plus dat helmet.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
KW.

Fast whiff punish, chest lunge is a decent anti air that can catch jump-backs and certain back dashes, ground pound gives it the strongest fullscreen game of the three, chest lunge is his best conversion tool giving him an ender or far pushing combos and an air-to-air follow up, chest lunge can be time to restand, and EX groundpound OTGs and restands for real dirt.

Tigrar has low fireball mix-ups and the flamebreathe is incredibly + on block and versatile.

Fangs has the best pokes by far and can get the most damage of the three but is incredibly limited by comparison.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
KW all the way. Possibly the highest(viable always, major props to @TONY-T for the tech he found) damage in the game, he can easily deal against zoners and happy jumpers. Tremors have INSANELY good recovery even on whiff, lower his hit box and allow him to control the entire screen along with chest lunge. Also the restand of the chest lunge is a free combo when it happens.

That, combined with the crazy wall carry and his excellent footsie game, frame traps and an 8f command grab with very good range, truly make Goro a 9 time MK champion.

Only weaknesses he has, are the lack of a solid AA (although u1/u2, d1 and even ex krush works excellent in cross up situations) and mobility.

Last edited:

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Dragon Fangs for me. The extra damage,the better popup,the better strings,the spin movement is great for footsies and easier to combo from D4 for example. And I´m huge fan of the low poke... Also the grab brutality is cooler in this variation :rolleyes:

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I mostly use Kuotan because the ground pound is great to throw people turtling/zoning off. Need to give the others a whirl though.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
I use all 3, but Dragon Fang is the best. I just avoid it as Goro is pretty sub-par to me, and the other 2 can exploit match-ups better.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
I was wrong... Kuatan Warrior is the ONLY variation you can play. Full Auto Jaqui changed my mind.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
KW all the way. Possibly the highest(viable always, major props to @TONY-T for the tech he found) damage in the game, he can easily deal against zoners and happy jumpers. Tremors have INSANELY good recovery even on whiff, lower his hit box and allow him to control the entire screen along with chest lunge. Also the restand of the chest lunge is a free combo when it happens.

That, combined with the crazy wall carry and his excellent footsie game, frame traps and an 8f command grab with very good range, truly make Goro a 9 time MK champion.

Only weaknesses he has, are the lack of a solid AA (although u1/u2, d1 and even ex krush works excellent in cross up situations) and mobility.
Even counting the tech combo using dd4, Goro doesn't have the strongest combos in the game.

Inferno and hellfire Scorpion can get 43/45% midscreen without meter, and hellfire can get 48% 1 bar and then use another bar to tech combo using his unblockable, just like goro, making the combo a 2 bar 57%.

Sorry, didn't mean to steer the topic away. Kuatan is My favorite, with fangs being second place and those are the only 2 variations he has ever had or will have.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Sorry, didn't mean to steer the topic away. Kuatan is My favorite, with fangs being second place and those are the only 2 variations he has ever had or will have.

Where are you people who thinks Fangs is anything but his worst(but completely usable) variation coming from?

Last edited:

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I've always thought KW was #1. Better space control with ground pounds and chest bumps than his zoning variation (Tig) and more damage with EX ground pound oki than his damage variation (DF).