What's new

GnarlyGatoAlex Wins VersusGameplay Week 8!

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
For those who don't know, the Dallas/Fort Worth scene holds two tournaments every week, EGL and Versus Gameplay. VGP has had a few rough weeks with a lack of participants, but this week the scene was out in full force. Many of the DFW regulars were there, but it came down to JW and GnarlyGatoAlex in GFs. JW, who has consistently placed top 3 at all VGPs he has attended, went up against GnarlyGatoAlex who was in winners. At first Alex picked Sun God Kotal, and lost to JW in a close set 3-2. Alex then switched to Liu Kang, winning one match and losing two. After some prompting from the crowd(me) Alex finally switched to War God Kotal and ended up taking the last set 3-2. Congrats to all the placers and make sure to support the DFW scene!

RESULTS!!

1. GnarlyGatoAlex (DF Liu Kang, War God and Sun God Kotal)
2. JW (Boneshaper Shinnok)
3. Greguu (Pumped Up Jax)
4. LNSP Spradling (Covert Ops Sonya)
5. OMG Itz Perm (Ancestral Kung Jin)
5. Funk Panda (Dragon Naginata Tanya)
7. Zoidberg747 (Venomous Dvorah)
7. IceColdEdge (Noxious Reptile)

Archive: http://www.twitch.tv/versusgameplay/b/669146558

Do you live in the Dallas area and want to participate? Check out the details below:

What: VersusGameplay Weekly MKX League
When: Every Sunday at 5:30 CST
Where: 9750 Walnut St. Dallas, Texas

Next week VGP is hosting a special D-Town Beatdown tournament. With bigger pots and more competition, you will not want to miss it. Registration is only available at the door. You must either buy a day pass for VGP or a month pass($10.00 and $30.00, respectively) and then pay 10$ for the pot.

P.S. I apologize to VGP players for slacking on the writeups in the past few weeks, will make sure to start doing them again.

Attachments

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Sun God, Ancestral Kung Jin, Boneshaper Shinnok and Reptile in top 8 and no footage?! Come on man.