What's new

GGA Max wins Ghost Battle Series #59!

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
No mercy!

Myself and Max have both won 3 GBS tournaments in a row but no one has ever won 4. A month's straight of victories is a difficult task with the level of competition and the nature of Injustice's mechanics. However, records(and backs) are made to be broken and although it took a year Max has achieved this feat. The road to his 25th GBS win was similar to the last 3 weeks with an intense set in winners against PPJ. Seemingly giving Hawkgirl a much needed rest PPJ decided to use Lex Luthor for a villain vs. villain slobberknocker. PPJ took Revolver's advice and lamed it out but still came up short in a close 3-2 set. Max comfortably defeated Saucy Jack's Superman and my Catwoman to cement his status as Chicago's red hot player.

Saucy Jack showed there's more than one way to skin a cat by defeating N1k0lass and myself back to back on his way to winners finals. N1k0lass responded to this Kyrptonian beat down by dropping Selina for the rest of the night for Sinestro while I got on the mic and ranted. Although Ken proved his win over me last week wasn't a fluke by repeating it in winners he lost a close runback later in losers finals.

Twisted is still coming regularly and announced that he had dropped one of his classes so that he could attend GBS every week. This means he is sacrificing his eduction and future career oppertunities to get bodied by Catwoman. Decide for yourself if his passion for the scene should be comended or condemned. He did have a decent night though, defeating new comer Rising Dragon and Jeremiah while also causing Max to get emo in casuals for "guessing wrong every time on trident rush".

Indiana's own Semi Evil Ryu made an appearance this week, pulling his Batman out of the moth balls for his bi-monthly trip to Chicago. He was able to defeat Jeremiah's Aquaman but ultimately fell to N1k0lass' Sinestro, providing even more evidence that Wound Cowboy is a massive downplayer. As if any more was needed. The Sub-Zero of the midwest can be seen next month at Indianapolis' premire event Naptown Clutch, with GGA in attendence.

Top 8 Results:
1. GGA Max(Bane)
2. GGA 16 Bit(Catwoman)
3. GGA Saucy Jack(Superman)
4. GGA Pimpimjim(Lex Luthor, Shazam, Raven)
5. N1k0lass(Catwoman, Sinestro)
5. Emperor Twisted(Aquaman)
7. NB SemiEvilRyu(Batman)
7. GGA Jeremiah(Aquaman)

Current Seeding points:
1. 16 Bit 35 points
2. Max 30 points
3. PPJ 27 points
4. Saucy Jack 25 points
5. N1k0lass 11 points
6. Twisted 9 points
7. Kyu 7 points
7. Rational Jim 7 points

GGA's youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/phahn123

GGA's Twitch channel:
http://www.twitch.tv/gallopingghostarcade

Last edited by a moderator:

GGA Max

Good write up here. Glad you still make the time to do it, Bit. The ken v steve matches this week were the highlight I think. Oh and the Murk blow up at the end lul.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Nah, as salty as I get it's best for the competition and Max is super entertaining at Tony's.
lol I KNOW. Clearly everyone that attends are buds. I was joking lol. Maybe I should work on my text humor since everyone around here is so serious lol.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Here is yet another case of someone claiming a losing matchup because Max bodies someone. When the fuck are people going to admit that Max is just on that Theo level? There's no way Bane beats Lex no matter what Max does to PPJ's 3rd alt.

The Great One

"I Always d1 Lif-" SHUT UP
Max is argueably the best bane player in the world, ppj never plays lex... Hardly a fair comparison to decide on a mu from, especially considering they only played ft3s
Yes but the point is even if ppj isn't the best lex, he is still one of the best regardless of how often he plays him. I'd put him in the top 5 lexes