What's new

GGA 16 Bit Wins Ghost Battle Series #55!

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
You're large...but I'm in charge!

For weeks now a single question has been asked in these results threads..."when will Max return?". On September 4th we got our answer. The back breaking, raging charging, body splashing, venom junkie is back! The 21 time GBS champion returned to his familiar spot in the grand finals...but not without a fight. In his first match back from the post EVO break he was defeated by new comer N1k0lass and his teleporting, zoning Ares. Unwilling to return to GBS in defeat Max barged through the losers bracket defeating Truth's Batman and Saucy Jack's Superman to earn a rematch against the Greek god of War. This time he faced the god with a new approach to dealing with the teleport and as a result would face my Catwoman in the grand finals. The stage was set for a likely Max victory and the reset was a quick 3-0. However, like a cat with 9 lives I was able to survive to keep fighting, remain in a relaxed state and tie it up 2-2 in a competitive second set. For the second week in a row the GBS grand finals came down to the last few reads...and the feline fatale would take it. With a final b+3 Selina would win her 16th GBS, now tying Max for winning 3 weeks in a row, and heading into West Coast Warzone with strong momentum.

It was Jim's birthday but he could not escape the wrath of the Jew of Steel, as he once again fell to Saucy Jack's Superman. Even more unfortunate was coming up short against N1k0lass, who he's recently beaten. It's not all bad though, GBS tournament organizer HAN did bring the rational one a Spider-Man cake from Basket Robbins for everyone to feast on.

PPJ had a fascinating week when he defeated Truth and N1k0lass on his way to winners finals but then rage quit the tournament after losing to me. An admittedly BS low profile under Hawkgirl's super cost him a match and sent him flying off out of the venue for the night. Who would have guessed that Max would return and I wouldn't be the saltiest player in the building?

N1k0lass had been using Ares for the past 3 weeks but switched to Catwoman mid tournament, losing to PPJ's Hawkgirl but defeating Jim's Flash, before switching back to Ares for a rematch with Max. After the tournament N1k0lass was overheard muttering that he's done with Ares. Meaningless tears like all the times I talk about using Batgirl or is he seriously going to debut a new character next week? He has been seen using Sinestro, Wonder Woman and Doomsday in casuals or perhaps he'll keep using Catwoman. Two Catwomen in one tournament? Was Wonder Chef right all along?

Top 8:
1. GGA 16 Bit(Catwoman)
2. GGA Max(Bane)
3. GGA Pimpimjim(Raven, Hawkgirl, Martian Manhunter)
4. N1k0lass(Ares, Catwoman)
5. Rational Birthday Jim(The Flash)
5. GGA Saucy Jack(Superman)
7. RM Truth(Batman)
7. RM Devil(Lobo)

Current seeding:
1. GGA 16 Bit 18 points
2. GGA Saucy Jack 13 points
3. N1k0lass 8 points
3. GGA Pimpimjim 8 points
4. Kyu 7 points
5. GGA Max 6 points
6. Rational Jim 5 points
7. RM Truth 4 points

GGA's youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/phahn123

GGA's Twitch channel:
http://www.twitch.tv/gallopingghostarcade

Last edited by a moderator:

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
It was super hype to watch bit take this after seeing it would be max and bit in gf. Good job and good luck at wcw. Also where in the world is Kyle panlilio?

GGA Max

@GGA Max , new approach to teleports? Do tell
sure. if you think ares will do the far back teleport, just backdash. he has a lot of recovery and so does bane. but you come out at +1 to +10 depending how good your timing is. so you get a punish or pressure.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
sure. if you think ares will do the far back teleport, just backdash. he has a lot of recovery and so does bane. but you come out at +1 to +10 depending how good your timing is. so you get a punish or pressure.
I wasn't in stream but I was with you in spirit ... or venom.

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
Just wanted to say thanks to @GGA HAN for always uploading the stream archive to YouTube within a couple of days. It's appreciated ;)
I second this message. I work super early on Fridays and normally can't watch the stream, it's always organized and easy to watch on YouTube not much longer after GBS. Thanks @GGA HAN

Also, what actually happened to @GGA Fill Pops ?