What's new

Get out of reptile string option select

I just tested and turns out that the 321 and 321 ah mix ups have a dumb property. Simply because the ah is too slow. You can option select out of it. I will try to explain this situation.

As a reptile player, if you do 321 block string your opponent (lets say sub) . As sub is blocking he can press block, up, and forward as the same time. When sub sees that reptile finishes his 321, sub can release block quickly then hit block again very quickly. This gives sub 2 option select.

#1. If reptile does his 321 string, sub will do a cross over (or jumping at any direction)
#2. If reptile does his 321 ah string, sub will automatically block.

the 3 is not fast enough to anti air the jump out if you do 321 , 321, 321

AK Gookus

Slant-eyed Nightwing
What about if they had chosen to go low, even if it is a risky slide, will you still jump out?

You can not jump out of a slide option select, but you can fuzzy guard it by holding down+block then you can release down to block the ah. Risking a slide is very risky.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
im having some difficulty fully understanding what an option select is, but i think i got the jist of it (do a certain combonation of inputs and depending on what ur opponent does, you will perform a certain move, no?)

does reptile have any?

im having some difficulty fully understanding what an option select is, but i think i got the jist of it (do a certain combonation of inputs and depending on what ur opponent does, you will perform a certain move, no?)

does reptile have any?
Im not sure what this is called, its like between fuzzy guard and Option select.

It is basically if a reptile is doing 321 and 321 ah mix up on you. You can hold jump, forward, block and you will still standing block while the 321 is still in process. When you see that the 321 string is over, just release block and press block again. If the reptile does 321, you will do a cross over. If the reptile does 321 ah, you will block the string.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Wouldn't you be able to use 2f31+2 and catch them before they jump over?

Wouldn't you be able to use 2f31+2 and catch them before they jump over?
No, the 2 hits too high so the f3 will wiff. The 1221 string would only hit with the 1, the 221 would wiff.

I think the 321, 321 ah mix up is just really risky especially fighting against like kitana who can do 40% with that long reach f21. However, we could use this idea to expand to things such as fighting strings that cancel into a slow special (Looking at Jax overhead smash and sonya kartwheel)