What's new

Guide - Sorcerer Full Sorcerer Guide by PND Ketchup

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Hey guys! Now EVO is done and dusted, I thought id put together a guide for those looking into playing Sorcerer a little more! This isn't necessarily a guide on everything you should do, it's more of a video compiling some of the tech that I use that everyone should incorporate into their game in my opinion.

Sorcerer is lethal. Although he suffers the same issues as Summoner when he's knocked down, he receives a different bag of rewards when he lands the all important hit, depending on the type of player you are. Feel free to give it a look, share he love if you like what you see.

Cheers! - Ketchup

Attachments

watched it right after you uploaded it and decided to make sorcerer my secondary. i dont manage to force the enemy into the blockstring after the hex spell tho. my timing is too bad for that ;/

PND_Ketchup

This is good stuff @PND_Ketchup. I'm talking most of the girl characters are the ones with the small hitbox. Also, could your opponent just take the uppercut hit from the true block string?
They could take the uppercut, but then they'd take even more damage. The lesser of two evils will be to either block and take less, or try to D3/1 hoping that I mistime the uppercut.

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
after trance, i can get a chip aura down 3 like 90 percent of times, but im just mashing down and 2 at the same time for chip, and when that is starting up, i just mash down 3. is there a more reliable way of getting it out quickly?

PND_Ketchup

after trance, i can get a chip aura down 3 like 90 percent of times, but im just mashing down and 2 at the same time for chip, and when that is starting up, i just mash down 3. is there a more reliable way of getting it out quickly?
Mashing always works, it's just a muscle memory thing that'll take practise.

Hey guys!

Now EVO is done and dusted, I thought id put together a guide for those looking into playing Sorceror a little more!

This isn't necessarily a guide on everything you should do, it's more of a video compiling some of the tech that I use that everyone should incorporate into their game in my opinion.

Sorceror is lethal. Although he suffers the same issues as Summoner when he's knocked down, he receives a different bag of rewards when he lands the all important hit, depending on the type of player you are.

Feel free to give it a look, share he love if you like what you see.

Cheers!

- Ketchup
Good stuff) do you not consider @Gustavness 's tech with MB trance useful. Because it does give a huge application to the Purple spell, and you did include his uppercut chip stuff)

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Good stuff) do you not consider @Gustavness 's tech with MB trance useful. Because it does give a huge application to the Purple spell, and you did include his uppercut chip stuff)
I actually forgot about ExTrance allowing the purple spell. Might just go play some Sorcerer later.

PND_Ketchup

I honestly didn't see it before I made this video. I should have included it due to the guaranteed meter drain, but I personally don't like the idea of spending 2 bars just do drain half of one of their bars. I suppose it's situational and could be really good, but I'm not sure it's super duper practical. I like having meter as Sorceror to kill them for blocking.

PND_Ketchup

Let me tell you about Quan.... for 23 minutes.

Scrub doesnt even know that Quans 141 isnt a hard knockdown, learn your character noob.
By hard knockdown, I mean they're on the floor for long enough to guarantee something 100% of the time. It may as well be as they're on the floor for so long.

Sorry that there's more to my character than just MB orbiting hat rinse repeat bruh.

I actually forgot about ExTrance allowing the purple spell. Might just go play some Sorcerer later.
Using it you can do any of the three spell circles mid combo. You do a combo into MB trance and do the armor spell and continue the vortex in the armor.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions

Now I'm not gun skip da queue, but i wan box tha lotta ya

I wanna box ye brothe jaake first, and then ima box ye ryan
I see Reece n Jaay in the distance and i see the vidyas jamaican and the tremor arguments dat jamaican, but im gna box the lot a ye,

you know what you are? yeee the king o dog shite! rat poison bastard

come out and fight with ye 112124's, i'll fight wimme 112124s.
Fite me!

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
I honestly didn't see it before I made this video. I should have included it due to the guaranteed meter drain, but I personally don't like the idea of spending 2 bars just do drain half of one of their bars. I suppose it's situational and could be really good, but I'm not sure it's super duper practical. I like having meter as Sorceror to kill them for blocking.
The purple drain portal combos i showed were for demonstration purposes to show what was possible with MB trance, they are not practical. In fact there is only one real application for it that is useful against zoners which i recently found. However, the only way that NRS could make the purple portal an actual good alternative option is to make it so that skulls and runes drain on block as well. I have all sorts of shit for that. then it would be tough to decide between all 3

As it stands i'm moving on to Dualist Liu Kang and have found some interesting stuff so far, but I am thinking of making one last sorcerer thread with all of my last bits of tech before i hang up my coat with sorcerer (Safe jump block strings while pushing opponents into chip portals say whaaaaaa????). While this is a good guide for people first picking up the variation, i disagree with some of your assessments here, in particular the combos you do (including how you set up chip portals in the corner)

I'm a huge fan of watching you play though and was cheering you on at evo so dont take that the wrong way! I'm just an old school player who doesnt travel though so...just a local warrior :)

Last edited:

PND_Ketchup

The purple drain portal combos i showed were for demonstration purposes to show what was possible with MB trance, they are not practical. In fact there is only one real application for it that is useful against zoners which i recently found. However, the only way that NRS could make the purple portal an actual good alternative option is to make it so that skulls and runes drain on block as well. I have all sorts of shit for that. then it would be tough to decide between all 3

As it stands i'm moving on to Dualist Liu Kang and have found some interesting stuff so far, but I am thinking of making one last sorcerer thread with all of my last bits of tech before i hang up my coat with sorcerer (Safe jump block strings while pushing opponents into chip portals say whaaaaaa????). While this is a good guide for people first picking up the variation, i disagree with some of your assessments here, in particular the combos you do (including how you set up chip portals in the corner)

I'm a huge fan of watching you play though and was cheering you on at evo so dont take that the wrong way! I'm just an old school player who doesnt travel though so...just a local warrior :)
What are your suggestions for my combos then?