What's new

Fix for Cyrax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swag1

EX smash solves all
Whenever Cyrax is mentioned, I think big damage. Everybody is talking about all his resets and stuff. So, I ask you, community, what is your proposed fix for him? I know that a lot of people shit talk NRS for not fixing him, but it is a lot harder than it seems. A few of the popular suggestions I've heard are:
- When a second net is onscreen, all bombs disappear
- Normal bombs don't launch on hit, like Cyber Sub's when not frozen, EX Bombs act the same

That's all I can think of, a few of my ideas I toy around with (if you have posted these before, I apologize)
- Make it so character is immune to projectiles (I think bombs are classified as projectiles) _ amount of frames after the 2nd net, but can still take chip damage
- Make his normal bombs act the same, EX Bombs act like Cyber Sub's EX when it throws out 3 at each distance

What are your guy's ideas/suggestions/etc.

Discuss!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Please, God...not this again...

Not taking a shot at you at all, Swag, and it's not that you don't have valid points, you've touched on a lot of the ideas that have been talked of as far as "rationalizing" Cyrax...

...It's just that after the last debate, the thought of another Cyrax war breaking out makes me wish I could eat a Haagen-Daas pint of ice cream made entirely of morphine and hugs.
Morphine to numb the buff/nerf pain, hugs to comfort me when the morphine stops working.

swag1

EX smash solves all
Haha man, I totally agree. I'm just saying I think people have to make up their minds about this. Get him nerfed, or don't, but don't complain and do shit about it.

someone please close this thread, because we have 1000 discussions about this already. Cyrax is a broken concept, leave where he be. He is what he is, he is the unfixable.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
My thoughts: There is no such thing as a fighting game without a couple of superior specimens.
Whatever the means by which they obtained their supremacy may be, there will always be top dogs.
And there should be. As long as they're not genuinely broken as a pair of 'nads after a Johnny Cage X-Ray, as long as the beef of their bludgeoning powers is conditional and not just something one could pull out of the air at a moment's without risk or chance, I don't care.

In a world where Marvel dominates the scene with the nightmarish amount of combo madness one can accomplish in that setting, with no Breakers to be found...having a roster of 31 and only having one - maybe 2 if Junior is right about the ease of the Smoke F4 Reset - characters who can put out that kind of damage anywhere but the corner, maybe I'm crazy, but I really don't think it's that bad.
Especially compared to the previous versions of this game, and when one is familiar enough fighting the both of them to keep pace and avoid certain traps and tricks the unsuspecting opponent would fall victim to.

Status
Not open for further replies.